SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Can you hear it – Weekender Thread - Sept 12 -14 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/344731-can-you-hear-weekender-thread-sept-12-14-a.html)

LBrain 09-11-2014 08:38 PM

well trach, you managed to squeeze in 42 minutes of video into two hours - not bad
West of mountain - should not have been on stage, I did listen to all of srv sound check, I saw the entire taping of the berry richards thing on netflix a while back,

Ruby needs to drink less coffee in the morning, and I hope I can do anything tomorrow cause I threw my back out, makes my shoulder hurt less ;) am I getting old suddenly?
quiet Verte!

roguedreams 09-11-2014 10:09 PM

This is how *I* get my ass on the bus!

:dee

mecanix 09-11-2014 11:46 PM

Friday morning here y'all .

My last friday of pleasant repose before hitting work next week .. It's been nice .

Today i'm going to be carrying on reading the chronicles by jean froissart . You can see what might have influenced George RR Martin and his books the game of thrones , except the chronicles are mostly true !

Stay strong , m

PurpleKnight 09-12-2014 01:22 AM

Morning Weekenders!! :)

I'm later than usual for the bus, one could say I missed yesterday's bus, but I have a suspicion that if I wait at the bus stop long enough today the Sober bus will be passing through same time everyday until Sunday!! ;)

I've just arrived at work, getting my coffee on, slept very well last night, had an early night, but still seem to need some caffeine to kick start my morning!! :23:

This weekend I'm heading to a few ice hockey games, tonight after work and tomorrow evening, they're the first home games of the new season, I'm looking forward to it. :)

Let's keep it Sober!! :danse1b:

Thepatman 09-12-2014 02:18 AM

I'm in!! Weasel! If you guys smellllllllllll what sobriety is cooking!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CdotXaB56kQ

Weasel1966 09-12-2014 02:39 AM

Morning!!!!

Some new faces on the bus... Rougedreams...panacea...Larrylive.... Welcome!

Welcome to all the bright shiny sober faces... To many to mention but happy to see you!

I try to call out to new people and especially try to pay attention to those with less tha a hundred posts... Or the newcomer to SR.

But let's face it no matter how long we are at this we all have times we could use a little extra support and attention. So just say the word if you have a moment you need the weekender team and we will be right there for you. Promise.

As for me? I have a three hour meeting this morning with my team at work. Everyone has big personalities and we all get along so it will be a fun filled day at work. I could not be any happier with where I am at professionally and not a second goes by without my gratefulness.

The same is true of my sobriety! Of being with you folks every weekend!

Not much on the docket.... I think I need to break it up this weekend. Hmmm... Time for some weekend planning. I will let you know later what sounds like fun to do.

Happy Friday!!!!!

K

Thepatman 09-12-2014 03:00 AM

Hope the meeting goes well Weasel!

Personalities... I have them wt work, the over achiever, under achiever, the boss rear end licker, the one that just sits there and never contributes, the one that promises deliverables but never delivers. I could go on, so much fun! LOL!

trachemys 09-12-2014 03:12 AM

brain, we don't get old suddenly, we just realize it suddenly.

Weasel1966 09-12-2014 03:20 AM

Patman... This is a company of very entrepreneurial spirits. People come to work and have a lot of latitude to be themselves and to bring it all on. We are a high growth company that is people focused and it shows in just about everything we do.

But man oh man what a great environment to walk into everyday. I pinch myself and ask how the heck did I get here? Then I smile and shut my mouth and hope they don't figure it out that maybe I slipped in the side door. Lol

MidnightBlue 09-12-2014 03:23 AM

Hi, weekenders!

I am in)

My plans for the weekend - to work on the design for my new apartment; boxing; binge-watching of some good show (haven't decided yet); get my CV prepared for job hunting; enjoying good weather.

Ken - I just gulped the Killing - all 4 sesons, and loved it. Enjoy!

See you all soon!

Have a great sober weekend)

Gilmer 09-12-2014 05:04 AM

Ruby, I hope you retain your sanity for the brutal Friday commute!

Weasel, what a great environment to work in!

LBrain, sorry about your back! I am a charter member of the "We're not aging!" society.

Mecanix, congratulations on the new work on Monday. May you really entwine yourself in there and become indispensable, so they will keep you on forever!

xJustBreathex 09-12-2014 05:24 AM

Im in! Heres to a sober weekend :) :ring

HellJuice 09-12-2014 05:25 AM

all in!

MesaMan 09-12-2014 05:27 AM

Ship Of Fools

1 Attachment(s)
8 months today for me when I unceremoniously decided 'enough is enough' and forever hung up my Drinkin' Shoes. I can relate to how Folks plan for 'a last day', but I guess I figgered there was no time like the present that day. Killed my last 1.75 'Handle' of Vodka and buckled down hard for a few days. I didn't know any better back then, so - Kids - this is one of those Experiments you definitely don't want to try at Home.

Once past what I called 'The Grind' in Home Detox, it's been easier [for me] than I expected. I chalk this up to hittin' it, in varying degrees, more- or less-hard over 42 years. Lotsa Trade Shows. Lotsa Biz Dinners. Every Social Engagement I ever went to [and drove Home from]. Every BS reason known to Man: 'Oh, I just fed the Dog. Time to slam one. Or six'.

This well-crafted Song popped into my Head very early this morning, and can be interpreted as a nice Metaphor for us. On 10 January of this year, I decided I no longer wanted to sail with that 'Ship Of Fools'. There's not a Snowball's Chance of me going back to those discredited ways, because they were no longer survivable long-term. Frankly, my AV is deader than a Vampire with a Wooden Stake through the Heart. The calm of this new Reality is intrinsically seductive.

'Save me. Save me from tomorrow
I don't want to sail with this ship of fools. No, no
Oh, save me. Save me from tomorrow
I don't want to sail with this ship of fools
I want to run and hide right now'

Music Video Link

'Ship Of Fools' ~ World Party

'Ship Of Fools' Lyrics

A new Dawn out the Kitchen Window just before I sent that Addiction packin' fo evah...

-----

LBrain 09-12-2014 05:55 AM

CONGRATULATIONS ON 8 MONTHS Mr. MESA MAN!

ImperfectlyMe 09-12-2014 06:26 AM

Congrats on 8 Mesa!

Weasel1966 09-12-2014 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by MesaMan (Post 4894399)
8 months today for me.... The calm of this new Reality is intrinsically seductive.

:c011::c011::c011:

Tang 09-12-2014 06:30 AM

Grats Mesa.

Sign me up for the weekend.

Weasel1966 09-12-2014 06:31 AM

Welcome back Justbreathe!!!!!

Welcome to the weekender and SR helljuice!

This is the place to be on weekends. A fun group focused on making the weekends something more than just not drinking.

LBrain 09-12-2014 07:12 AM

**** ticketmaster