SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I'm so grateful I'm sober. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/328291-im-so-grateful-im-sober.html)

alphaomega 04-07-2014 07:24 AM

I'm so grateful I'm sober.

My surgery is today. It's a radical hysterectomy with hopes that there is no cancer.

I'm shamelessly reaching out to the prayer warriors, positive energy senders and lovers of all things spiritually nourishing. I need you now more then ever. And God knows, I've needed you a lot. :)

Today is the culimination of the last six months of sober work. I finally get to be rid of what started me down this path to begin with. So it's bittersweet in a sense. I feel gratitude for my ill health because it got me sober.

Imagine that.

I so very much look forward to what the rest of my days bring. My intentions include good health, lots of love, spiritual connections and faith .

Today I'm grateful to be an alcoholic. Because without it , I wouldn't have been given you...and you all are my gift.

With so much love and light...

XO AO

firstymer 04-07-2014 07:27 AM

I will be thinking good thoughts for you today, AO. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :a200:

GreenEggsAndHam 04-07-2014 07:28 AM

Good luck Alpha- wishing you the best and sending healing dust your way. ((hugs))

SoberLeigh 04-07-2014 07:31 AM

alphaomega - you have made me cry. I will start praying today and offer up to God all that I do today in your name.

I wish that it wasn't alcoholism that brought all of us together but I am glad that we all found this melting pot of sobriety.

Hope to hear healthy news from you soon.

Olive1 04-07-2014 07:34 AM

Sending you all my love.
:)

LBrain 04-07-2014 07:38 AM

Peace to you. I am sending positive energy your way.

mirage 04-07-2014 07:44 AM

Sending healing thoughts to you, alpha! Good luck today. :hug:

SoberLeigh 04-07-2014 08:54 AM

AO, there is a slideshow which speaks to the journey we take in life and the people who take that journey with us. It compares our life's journeynto a train ride. I am incapable of linking sites with this device but if you go to pixiesplace.com and open the link for The Train Ride you will find it. One of the train compartments contains all of us here at SR.

Pixiesplace.com ----- The Train Ride.

Carlotta 04-07-2014 09:06 AM

Just sending you a hug and prayers for a safe surgery, a good outcome and a speedy recovery.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...4eZFk3cgUxuNTB

Treerat66 04-07-2014 09:07 AM

Sending you a big hug.:grouphug:

HeadLump 04-07-2014 09:11 AM

Thinking of you, Alpha, and sending you many prayers :hug:

alphaomega 04-07-2014 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 4575564)
AO, there is a slideshow which speaks to the journey we take in life and the people who take that journey with us. It compares our life's journeynto a train ride. I am incapable of linking sites with this device but if you go to pixiesplace.com and open the link for The Train Ride you will find it. One of the train compartments contains all of us here at SR.

Pixiesplace.com ----- The Train Ride.

(((Soberleigh))). This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with me today.

PS- please take care of Cow and Freethinking and Else, and crazy ass Lenina and Jaynie, and Silent, and Endgame, and Robby, and JD and Melina, and Cusper, and Jus, and Snoozy, and Ladyblue, and Dee and Anna, and everyone else for me please while I'm healing.

I need those crazy sum of bitches. :)

SoberLeigh 04-07-2014 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by alphaomega (Post 4575595)
(((Soberleigh))). This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with me today.

PS- please take care of Cow and Freethinking and Else, and crazy ass Lenina and Jaynie, and Silent, and Endgame, and Robby, and JD and Melina, and Cusper, and Jus, and Snoozy, and Ladyblue, and Dee and Anna, and everyone else for me please while I'm healing.

I need those crazy sum of bitches. :)

I will; I need them, also.

Glad that you jumped on my train, AO.

MemphisBlues 04-07-2014 09:14 AM

Good luck. And thanks for sharing your powerful gift of recovery.

Aellyce 04-07-2014 09:19 AM

Best wishes, Alpha. Positive thoughts to you and the surgical team :)
You'll get through this as well!

Ptcapote 04-07-2014 09:19 AM

Hi friend, know I've not been around much but popped in and saw this and wanted to wish you luck and send you lots of love. I'm still sober and doing great...glad to see the same is true for you. Good stuff, isn't it?

More soon but, in the meantime, lots of prayers and healing vibes coming your way!

xoxoxo

DuhDave 04-07-2014 09:48 AM

Good Luck and heal quickly !!! Sending Prayers up for you and your medical team.

topspin 04-07-2014 09:51 AM

Alpha, ,,,,,,,,..... (( hugs))
Thoughts and healing prayers everyday, ....,,,till you return

MIRecovery 04-07-2014 10:23 AM

You are in God's loving hands.

Leshar 04-07-2014 10:26 AM

Dear AO,

I'm sending you positive energy and lots of healing vibes as you embark on your procedure and the aftermath.
You are doing wonderfully well, and you are an inspiration to us all!