SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I'm so grateful I'm sober. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/328291-im-so-grateful-im-sober.html)

Tiptree 04-11-2014 08:14 AM

We are so very very happy for you AO.:ring

alphaomega 04-11-2014 09:01 AM

The anesthesiologist asked me if I had any questions since I had never had anesthesia before. I asked him how coming out of it would feel. His reply was "a lot like a hangover - not too bad really".

I started to shake.

My last hangover resulted in vomiting bile out of my nose while simultaneously urinating on myself, myoclonic jerks , BP of 160/95 a heart rate of 104 , diarrhea with yellow slime from a failing pancreas, constant persistent overwhelming nausea, shaking , chills, ringing in my ears, numbness and tingling all over my body, bruises , welts, and a general feeling of End of Days and constant impending doom.

I was terrified.

Turns out an alcoholics definition of a "hangover " is radically different than a non alcoholics.

Coming out of anesthesia was an absolute CAKE WALK in comparison to a hangover induced by two bottles of Chardonnay followed by a couple shots of whatever hard was close by.

How jaded we are. And how damn strong. To be able to survive those .

****{shudder}}}

alphaomega 04-24-2014 07:37 PM

Something to be said for "clean living".

Went to a post op appt today. After Dr. finished examining me she said "Wow, you are really ahead of the curve again considering you are only 6 weeks post op".

I said , "Ummmmm, I'm only *2* weeks post op".

She proceeded to argue with me. :)

"What ? No. Wait. Really ? No. Hold on. Let me grab your chart. Oh. Ummmmm. Whoa. You have lost 15 lbs in addition to this amazing healing of your incision ? What the hell are you doing ?"

I got a Cheshire grin on my big fat face and got to say....

"Well, I don't drink. Don't smoke. No caffeine and Eat healthy. I do two meditations per day. Pre op I did a pre op meditation that prepared my body for surgery. Post op, I found a healing meditation that accelerates cell regeneration . I walk short distances 3-5 times a day to build my stamina. I journal and rest. And I visit with friends."

And I pray. A lot. I believe in Divine Intervention. And I have begun to trust the Process.

Really trust it.

Just two months ago, I threw my hands up in the air and begged Jesus to take the wheel because my level of desperation was beyond words.

And here I am. :)

I'm gonna rock what left of this beautiful life.

So help me.

XO AO

Dee74 04-24-2014 07:39 PM

That's really awesome AO :)

D

Lenina 04-24-2014 07:58 PM

((((((AO)))))) totally awesome!

Love from Lenina

cusper 04-24-2014 08:48 PM

Amazing Alpha! That is incredible news! So happy you are healing at hyper speed. Clean living really does show. And 15lbs to boot!! So happy for you. xoxox

Kaneda8888 04-24-2014 08:52 PM

Totally awesome AO

MariahGayle 04-24-2014 08:55 PM

Bless your heart Alphaomega:)

SnoozyQ 04-24-2014 10:03 PM

Love you beautiful AlphaO :kiss:

I'm so happy you are in a good place ;) you sound wonderful love xxx