SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The formula - weekender thread 3/28-30 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/327235-formula-weekender-thread-3-28-30-a.html)

Weasel1966 03-30-2014 03:32 AM

A green day for sure M!

The soup sounds yummy.

Made the corned beef yesterday and today will be the lemon poppy muffins. Ugly rainy day here in Maine. But perfect to be cozy at home with!

Nonsensical 03-30-2014 03:57 AM

Good Morning Y'all

We have a little spring in the air here in Virginia. It brings out my southern. (Even though I was born a Yankee.)

If you're not enjoying your sober weekend - do something to make it better today! :a122:

mecanix 03-30-2014 04:06 AM

rainy days can be quite beautiful ,
Some of the most magical days in devon i've had were when it was thick with misty rain , down there called mizzle ( mist and drizzle) . You can walk out into the countryside and it's like you are the only person in a soft grey world . The shadows of the caledonian forest style trees . The soft drips , the small whispers of fleeting shadows and animals . Pools on the river shaded coca-cola brown by the peat from the high moor washing out .

The sweet smells of last years foliage mulching down into a compost . The mosses and lichens growing on shadowed faces of stones and wood .

I like the rain it washes the world and makes it fresh :)

Bestwishes, m

Weasel1966 03-30-2014 04:24 AM

Wow! m..... Beautiful.

You know how I love words...

I like the rain it washes the world and makes it fresh.
So true.

Ruby2 03-30-2014 05:25 AM

M, that was beautiful. I love the muzzle. Color takes on such a different quality. Richer, softer. Soothing.

Good morning everyone. It is supposed to be relatively warm here today but I will be indoors. My house looks like I am studying to be a candidate for the hoarders television program because of this furniture moving project and is quite depressing. Going to a meeting and church before tackling it.

KimsFriend 03-30-2014 05:35 AM

Sunday morning - day 8. Wow- what a feeling to not be spending this morning pretending my way through a hangover. To not be walking on eggshells around my husband because I don't remember what happened last night and holding my breath to see if it was a good blackout or a bad one.
This is quite an amazing feeling.
Getting ready for church and then cleaning the house all day.

LBrain 03-30-2014 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by KimsFriend (Post 4558716)
Sunday morning - day 8. Wow- what a feeling to not be spending this morning pretending my way through a hangover. To not be walking on eggshells around my husband because I don't remember what happened last night and holding my breath to see if it was a good blackout or a bad one.
This is quite an amazing feeling.
Getting ready for church and then cleaning the house all day.

Good for you KimsFriend, welcome to the real world.
Well, I didn't get up early. But I have a pot of coffee going and my thermos ready. Still raining so I'll put on the rain suit and go up to the small lake for some brookies. Checked the stream last night around midnite - raging!
Anyway - Wisconsin beat Arizona, Michigan and Michigan State still in it. I'll catch the games later if I decide to stay away from jazz fest today. Still going all week into next weekend. Any music lovers should check it out. People come in from all over USA and Canada.:MusBand:

Holli 03-30-2014 07:50 AM

Day three of rain, rain and more rain, over 2 inches in my rain gauge so far and no sun in the forecast until tomorrow. The muzzle may be washing the world clean, but I need some sunshine! some daffodils! Some small signs that spring is coming soon! Gah!

Holli 03-30-2014 07:55 AM

Kimsfriend, it is a wonderful feeling, good job!!

360shoes 03-30-2014 09:12 AM

I can't believe I've missed all the positive vibes going on in this weekenders thread! I always was a slow learner.

I have really enjoyed reading about everyone's weekend and all the positive mojo on how life goes on...and in so many ways...fabulously..from all of you.

I am so happy that I don't drink anymore. I have found the peace I have always wanted. I love my life. Warts and all. And there are plenty but so what. Everyone gets their share of those.

Puzzles and family and critters and poems and lots of sharing with people who have found their own way out of the h e double toothpicks we all once had in common.

It's a beautiful day to be sober and alive. Thank you!

Who was the creative genius that started this weekenders thread anyway?? Sorry I don't know. A year of being on here and I've never ventured to far off my March 13 class thread. I need to get out more. :) Well. Whoever it was.....fantastic!!! xxxx

neferkamichael 03-30-2014 09:16 AM

I'm in too, rootin for everyone. :egypt:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8202945_f520.jpg

AuntieSoso 03-30-2014 09:24 AM

We had pouring rain all day here yesterday so I sat in front of the fireplace watching DVDs, doing some reading, napping, drinking tea . . . all of the wonderful things to do on a rainy day!

Last night was one of the funnest sober nights I've had. I have a friend from work who also doesn't drink (she and her DH did AA and rehab years ago) and is supporting me in my sobriety. Last night a group of eight of us went out to dinner and then had a game night afterward. Nobody drank and everyone had a great time! I found that I can laugh sincerely and heartily, have fun, be myself, and wake up today not wondering if I said or did something stupid!

mecanix 03-30-2014 09:29 AM

ken kicked off the first one a year or so back , i kinda ran with it for a bit as i thought it was nice for people to check in and sometimes not talk about the "elephant in the room" although there are no hard and fast rules , just to try and get through , now it's back with him :)

m

Tiptree 03-30-2014 09:55 AM

Finally cleaned all my kitchen cabinets, big job. Up and down the ladder. Need to sit awhile and recharge my batteries with a cup of green tea. Marinating a flank steak for tonight. Niece coming over for dinner and bringing her little Martin guitar for me to try. Since it's raining I'll cook the steak in my sharper image infrared cooker, really love that gadget. Husband likes to cook in it too which means dinner for me after work! Your posts yesterday reminded me that I have a miniature 3D metal puzzle of the brooklyn bridge somewhere, maybe I'll open it later and give it a try. Can't be as hard as that JP puzzle, whew! Happy sober Sunday all!

Olive1 03-30-2014 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello sober weekenders!
Well as you can see I didn't get too far on the jp jigsaw. But each piece that fit (boo yah!) brought profound satisfaction!
I was going to put it back in the box for the next unsuspecting victim, but I think I will take a cue from Weasel and carefully bring it home and find a board and work on it until finished. Should I set a goal for the end of summer? ;)
Weekend in the mountains is almost done. Gotta clean up the head down the hill.

Oh, and Mecanix, rain and clouds and mizzle are some of my most favorite things of all! Such beauty! You gave a very poetic description.

I hope everyone is doing fine!!!!
:)

Tiptree 03-30-2014 11:25 AM

Hey Olive - if you really get into your JP puzzle there are puzzle carriers you can buy. They'll even protect the puzzle from the mizzel!

LBrain 03-30-2014 12:18 PM

Caught dinner

LBrain 03-30-2014 12:39 PM

apparently I cannot upload pics from my phone -yet. so the attachment failed.
2 nice browns 13"+ 2 nice brook trout 13"+ and two 12" brookies. Beautiful looking brook trout - and tasty too!
:dee

time to start dinner ---ummm fresh trout

:abcf: this is what it has been all day - with winds blowing across lake 39deg F

still caught limit :)

Weasel1966 03-30-2014 01:06 PM

360s... Yes... I would say the weekender started with Free Fall. Someone nice enough to call me out and say " hey weasel! Stay sober for this weekend" since I always posted that Sundays were the worst.

And they my very good friend mecanix started to also post and somehow the weekend thread got created.

Being sober a weekend is a lifetime to be sober... Mondays were always something to be dreaded. If my boss only had a clue that Mondays and Fridays were a pattern for me I would have been fired long ago. Glad he was slow!

-------
Olive... That's some good work that quick! That's a crazy hard puzzle!

-------
LBrain... Go here to upload pics. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...our-posts.html

Ready to eat the last of the poppy muffins. Only had 8 so far! Yikes!

Happy sober Sunday!

K

PurpleKnight 03-30-2014 01:59 PM

How we all doing Sober Weekenders?!!

Well my team (ice hockey) got through to the playoffs!! a successful weekend all round, my first season that I can actually remember every shot and goal, rather than a haze from beer!!

Onwards and upwards!! :)