SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The formula - weekender thread 3/28-30 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/327235-formula-weekender-thread-3-28-30-a.html)

Olive1 03-28-2014 04:59 PM

Hello Sober Weekenders!
Finally Friday!
I am leaving tonight to go to the mountains for two days. Do some snowshoeing and picture taking. Spotty internet service so I may or may not be able to check in. But I will definitely stop in Sunday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, sober weekend!!!
:)

Nonsensical 03-28-2014 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aarryckha (Post 4555932)
They all made me feel really welcome and comfortable. They all shared their stories of how they come to be in AA, histories and such. I decided I would too. Man, did it feel good.

The fellowship was always my favorite part of AA. Hearing things I could relate to, and sharing my drinking thoughts and patterns to be who understand what I mean.

Glad you had a good experience. :)

Discovery14 03-28-2014 11:13 PM

I'm in for another weekend.

Supposed to rain but I have some inside projects planned for Saturday.

Sunday I get to drive my daughter back to school. We'll have a nice visit on the way if she stays awake. She has been burning the candle at both ends on her week of quarter/Spring break.

mecanix 03-28-2014 11:45 PM

Yabbba dabbba dooo ,
saturday morning here in the UK . Weekends drag at the beginning but they seem like they are only 12 hours long not 24 when you get some sober wings and start soaring back up and into life .

Nothing planned at all this weekend , just some chores and sleeping . So i'll get right on that after my morning coffee :)

For me sobriety is very comfortable , low on drama , It's very pleasant in my life … Alcohol made things un-pleasant in my life .

Lets get through , i have no questions or arguments i just want a rest till monday :)

Have a peaceful weekend , m

Weasel1966 03-29-2014 02:49 AM

Morning... Afternoon... Evening.... The world is big so I don't know where you are... But maybe a hello would suffice. :)

Off to the gym....

Everyone seems to be doing well. If you are not no worries. You will get there.

Corned beef and cabbage today... And making muffins. Lemon poppy and banana nut.

Can you tell I am bored?

K

Nonsensical 03-29-2014 05:02 AM

Strange dream last night. I was having blackouts without drinking and waking up in strange cities, not know where I was and having to explain to my family on the phone that I wasn't drinking and I didn't know why it was happening. Weirdness.

Only one thing to do - party sober all weekend long! :a122:

Lemon poppy muffins. Yum. :a115:

MnEman 03-29-2014 05:31 AM

Made it through my SECOND friday night alone, and staying sober! Wife had to spend the night with her mom, and normally that would have lead to a bender of possibly historic proportions for me! Seriously, might have needed the whole weekend to recover! As it is, I'm drinking coffee, listening to the birds, and looking forward to a day of projects, music and rest- all clean and sober. Will have 5 weeks in by tomorrow! thanks to all on this forum for helping, and thanks to Weasel for this positive and entertaining thread.

:thanks

soberclover 03-29-2014 05:52 AM

Had fun last night watching my grandkids; great way to end a busy work week! Heading to grocery store shortly and it will be loopy as another storm coming in and everyone will be there. I'm going to swing by the library....my form of weekend entertainment has certainly changed now that I'm sober! Enjoy the day you Sober Warriors!

GreenEggsAndHam 03-29-2014 06:02 AM

26 days sober, $421 saved!

On the roster today: Women's meeting, then meeting with sponsor, then a little work, then car show downtown, then dinner with my mom and the kids at a BBQ place, then home to veg out and sleep!

Good luck today, everyone!

Holli 03-29-2014 06:54 AM

Good one, Green! 20 days, $300 saved and 6 pounds lost!

Gilmer 03-29-2014 07:48 AM

I love poppy seeds, but they love my teeth too much. I have to floss for a good fifteen minutes after eating poppy seeds! I'm getting to that age where food loves to wedge between my teeth! Sorry--is that TMI? Don't mean to disgust you all, my friends!

We can always mention pork products to change the subject!

Discovery14 03-29-2014 08:23 AM

Morning weekenders.

Sitting here having my tea and watching the squirrels and birds fight over the seeds my wife puts out. Will get started on my chores after feeding everyone, if they ever get up.

In my past life I would be on at least my 3rd Grand Marnier by now and well on my way to fogdom. (Is that a word?) Amazing how much can get done when you have all day to do it instead of a brief interval between getting up and being drunk.

Will check in later to see how everyone's weekend is going.:a122:

Weasel1966 03-29-2014 09:31 AM

I have the corned beef simmering.... It's supposed to rain tomorrow, better to make the muffins then.

It's a quiet Saturday... Hope all of you are well.

If you are reading this blurry eyed then sober up. There is still time to make this a sober weekend.

K

Olive1 03-29-2014 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi folks!
Already took a long walk through the snowy forest. Back to the room now, watching cooking shows, knitting, and attempting the most difficult jigsaw puzzle ever!
I hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday!!!

Weasel1966 03-29-2014 12:57 PM

Olive... I love puzzles... I have been working on this one for awhile. No rush. Good therapy.

http://i61.tinypic.com/16j0uiv.jpg

Jade1224 03-29-2014 01:00 PM

i wish i could start puzzles. i them but i get busy and it sits there for like a month. plus my dog likes to get into anything she isnt supposed to.

she loves puzzles too :)

Olive1 03-29-2014 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice Weasel!!!
I really need to find some vacant horizontal space at my house so I can actually, maybe finish a whole puzzle.

Boo yah!
I am on my way to solving this one!

LadyinBC 03-29-2014 01:04 PM

Those puzzles look awesome. I haven't done one for ages. Might give it a try if I can find one I like.

I am working all weekend so that is my plan but I am so glad that I don't have a hangover to worry about. Couldn't handle this job if I did have one.

Happy Saturday to all!

Weasel1966 03-29-2014 01:11 PM

Olive... Nice start... No really... Two pieces then three... Then 1000!!!

I have mine on a broad that I will then glue them to. I love Times Square and plan to frame it nice enough to hang in a spare room.

I want proof when you finish... Two pieces does not a puzzle make. Lol!

Tiptree 03-29-2014 01:14 PM

Greetings SR peeps. Rainy weekend good for sleeping in. Got hair done today, forgot umbrella, so much for blow dry :( . Chicken wings and pizza tonight. Looking forward to watching Those Who Kill on LMN Sunday. Like complicated, dark, female characters but then wonder why it is that the more competent they are the more F'ed up they have to be. Oh well, have several games of WWF to get back to. Great sober weekend to all!