SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The formula - weekender thread 3/28-30 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/327235-formula-weekender-thread-3-28-30-a.html)

Olive1 03-29-2014 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 4557699)
Olive... Nice start... No really... Two pieces then three... Then 1000!!! I have mine on a broad that I will then glue them to. I love Times Square and plan to frame it nice enough to hang in a spare room. I want proof when you finish... Two pieces does not a puzzle make. Lol!

Kind if like recovery! One day at a time! And soon you will have 1000!

I will keep you posted on my progress!
:)

Weasel1966 03-29-2014 01:49 PM

Good to see you tiptree!

Olive.... You are so right. Sobriety is like that.

Some days I put a dozen pieces in place in a matter of moments. Other days nothing fits. Sobriety is kind of like that. ;0)

Aarryckha 03-29-2014 01:52 PM

Ooh, puzzles! That sounds like a great idea! I might have to check that out!

It's going to sound weird, but I like coloring. Yep, coloring. I print out these designs that kind of look like stained glass window panels and color with colored pencils. It's very relaxing, doesn't cost much money and doesn't take up space.

I do have a nice size table that would be perfect for putting a puzzle together on though.... hmmm.

Weasel1966 03-29-2014 02:15 PM

If I were drunk I would have twice the steps... One forward and one back... One forward and one back. Not NO MO!

http://i57.tinypic.com/287fzo7.jpg

Olive1 03-29-2014 02:38 PM

Nice work, Weasel!!!
My fitbit cannot sync to my phone, only to my computer, so I will have to wait until I get home tomorrow to see how well I have done! But I know I am getting close to my 10,000 goal. Four lights strong and the 5th light is blinking when I check.
:)

Holli 03-29-2014 02:48 PM

Weasel, that's a lot of steps!!! I still haven't gotten the Fitbit I had to have after last weeks discussion, but I did make meatball subs (seriously!) and they were awesome!

Took a 3 hour nap today. Is anybody else sleeping like crazy like me?

360shoes 03-29-2014 02:54 PM

Olive...you are my hero. Taking on a JP puzzle is for only the most courageous.
I can't wait to see the progress pictures and the final product. Which, in my opinion, deserves to be framed along with you being in the Guinness book of world records of the only person ever to complete that.

How fun!!

Boobeary 03-29-2014 03:06 PM

Holy cow, Olive! That JP puzzle looks crazy hard!!! Makes me want to try it!

Our puzzle spot is a board set up on top of the dog crate in the kitchen. I have a hard time walking past it without getting sucked in. :)

Holli, I too, took a long nap today. Weird, because I can almost never fall asleep during the day... I guess my body is trying to heal, and catch up from the lost years.

Weasel1966 03-29-2014 03:08 PM

Holli... Jeezze... Meatball sub? Oooohhhhh .. I want one so damn bad.

Nonsensical 03-29-2014 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Checking in Sober Peeps. We are having some friends over for dinner. I will watch them drink moderately and be amazed. :)

In olden times when this couple would come over I would pre-position a bottle of whiskey in a cabinet near the beer fridge out in the garage. Sneak a big pull on that bottle every time I went for a fresh beer. Always paranoid someone would open the door and see me. Once I even pre-poured shots in solo cups to speed things up. A whole shelf of shots poured and waiting... yeah, that's normal! :headbange

Got a new beverage ready for tonight. :)

SeaScape 03-29-2014 03:17 PM

Hi! Checking in late but am glad to be here.

Watched movies last night, cooking soup, going to evening yoga soon. Really quiet weekend and I am very thankful for that.
Wishing everyone peace
Thank you for the thread W.

Aarryckha 03-29-2014 04:04 PM

Oooh, farmer's market starts in two weeks!

I can't wait! Last year, I said I was going to go every week as a way to get out of the house. I never made it. I was never sober on a Saturday.

This year it's different. This year, I'm taking my life back.

LBrain 03-29-2014 05:50 PM

Hey Folks.
Fished in rain. Only 4 trout but didn't spend all day. Was cold n wet. Was going to club to see a band. It was a brew pub. Decide to back out. Made dinner at home instead. Waiting for Wisconsin game to come on. Wouldnlovenbig ten represented.
Had no desirentondrink atn all.but I should've made a thermos of coffee.
fish again in morning. Music tomorrow 4sure. Jazz fest is happening.
game on. Stay sober.

Ruby2 03-29-2014 06:32 PM

At my brothers house for his party. I had a hard time when I got here because in addition to our family his friends are here and they are drinking. A giant jug of whiskey sitting on the counter, beer, wine. I told my husband I was having a hard time and he was ready to drag me out the door but I ate. We are hanging out with my parents, his mom, my moms sister and husband made a surprise trip in to visit and their cousin. The old folk. We aren't drinking. My uncle had a beer but he isn't a drinker. His dad died of alcoholism. So, I am doing okay. But we will leave soon since it is getting late and the kids will need to get to bed at some point.

LBrain 03-29-2014 06:41 PM

Hey ruby. Thanks for checking in. Leave if ou to. Stay strong.

simplenoteasy 03-29-2014 07:11 PM

Going skiing tomorrow with this beautiful woman I am grateful to call my friend. Then grillin up burgers for my 2 boys. I've got lots of San pellengrinos, those are tasty. I'm grateful to see my boys too.

Boobeary 03-29-2014 08:11 PM

Nonsense, that was my MO also. I would sneak gulps while checking on dinner, checking the laundry, letting the dogs out, checking to make sure the dogs had water, etc...

Ruby, good for you! I have a tough weekend ahead of me next weekend with a bunch of parties, and I hope I am as strong as you were... I'm just gonna keep a cup of water in my hand the whole time and practice my "No, thank you's".:Squat:

Aarryckha 03-29-2014 09:27 PM

Saturday night... nothing exciting. It's raining outside still.

Ghost Adventures and Sleepytime tea. Wish I had popcorn!

Ruby2 03-29-2014 09:51 PM

Thanks LBrain,

It really helped me stay strong by stepping outside for a few minutes and realizing that I had my iPad in the house and that everyone here was only a few keystrokes away. Plus, my parents and husband would have had a stroke if I had a drink. And my other relatives in attendance since my parents, who are very loving and supportive, are also of the "a problem shared is a problem halved" group and all my close relatives know I am an alcoholic. Keeps me honest at any rate - as inconvenient as it is for any thoughts of drinking.

What is really frustrating to me is that before I relapsed in August I had no trouble being around alcohol or seeing people drinking alcohol. It just didn't occur to me to drink. Since getting sober again it has been a whole lot harder to be around. Looking at it like a hungry cat eying a mouse. My husband and I went out for dinner after a meeting last night and it was the same way until I ate. I think I am going to take a step back on pushing forward and stay far away from any places where alcohol will be served until I am stronger again. I think it has been harder because I think I've finally gotten to the acceptance bit.

Time for bed. I have plenty to keep me busy tomorrow. Started moving furniture around today and we aren't done. Good night all. Or good morning or afternoon if you are on the other side of the planet.

mecanix 03-30-2014 02:37 AM

Spring forwards fall back or is it the other way round ?

9:30 yesterday is now 10:30 in the UK we are now in british summer time … Yawny yawn why did i volunteer to be in cambridge at 7:30 in the morning on monday Errrrk .

Am making chicken , sage , onion , garlic and rice soup … a bowl of goodness . I've been feeling the fringes of a summer cold this last week so i'm going to kick it out with chicken soup :)

Hope you've all made it though saturday night . It's a new day and a new dawn today so lets see what we can achieve today … lets make today a green on the calendar … woo

Bestwishes, m