SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Counselling today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/284750-counselling-today.html)

Midlifecrisis 02-18-2013 11:19 PM

Counselling today

Frustrated the living daylights out of me.

Told to exercise and eat properly (I know that,
I'm a personal trainer), put my youngest in daycare (she's not problem at a
And has just had operations) and I can't go to a
Facility because my kids need me.

Oh and they doubled my Valium dose and out me on cymbalta.

Jeni26 02-18-2013 11:27 PM

Have you told them everything about your drug use?

Doubling Valium seems incredibly incompetent and dangerous...x

Midlifecrisis 02-18-2013 11:31 PM

Yeah I told them everything

Dee74 02-18-2013 11:34 PM

If you told them everything, then you really need to find a new guy MLC.
Thats ridiculous.

Have you filled the script yet?
My advice is to get a second opinion before you do.

Drive to another town if you have to. I think its that important.

As for all the stuff you can't do, maybe it's time to work out what you can/will do?

I found as I got deeper and deeper into trouble, the speed of *everything* increased...It was like careening downhill at 100 miles per hour with a brick wall ahead...it was a very steep descent, I was picking up speed, not slowing down and everything around me was disintegrating...

Anything you can do now to avoid that happening to you, you'll thank yourself for later.

D

Jeni26 02-18-2013 11:37 PM

I agree with Dee, I'm lost for words.

I don't know much of your history, but someone with at least a bit of knowledge about addiction would help. Doubling the thing you're addicted to? It's madness!

Midlifecrisis 02-18-2013 11:42 PM

That's exactly what it feels like see.

Slippery slope

Basically history is few years of iv drug use when younger, bulimia for 16 years, lots of pills and alcohol last year : clean for 6 weeks back on benzos and alcohol.

Midlifecrisis 02-18-2013 11:45 PM

Yes u filled the scripts and have had way too much because I feel justifiesz. They won't help me.

See
A nutritionist blah blah, I studied nutrition. Exercise, I do! Teacher yourself moseration .x ok

Put kid in daycAre . No

Rake these pills.
Ok!

Jeni26 02-18-2013 11:56 PM

I'm concerned for you MLC, and the more you carry on taking those pills, the further you move away from reality and the less likely you are to see this for what it really is.

You say you won't consider daycare for your little one? How are your children going to manage if you are not there at all for them? If you really do hit that brick wall at the end of the slope?

You need to put on those brakes MLC. You deserve it and so do your children xx

ntmu 02-19-2013 12:02 AM

oh no. no. no. i don't know what to say.
if you're seeing a therapist now, you can afford to call another one. call as many as you can. tell them what you are telling us until you find some one that clicks with you honestly about stopping these addictions.

i shouldn't be giving advice, but i give better than i receive.

you can't lose money by making anonymous phone calls.

ntmu 02-19-2013 12:06 AM

Find a Therapist, Psychologist, Counselor - Psychology Today

ntmu 02-19-2013 12:13 AM

you're going to make me f*cking cry & i have enough problems. please search & call these people on the link or wherever else you find them. call them f*cked up, just start finding who works for you.
you need to be in contact with real people right now.
this site is great, but you have other real people involved & you need to find someone you find comfortable discussing this face to face with, a professional.

Jeni26 02-19-2013 12:22 AM

ntmu, I think she's off-line at the moment. I'm sure she'll come back and read your posts and know how much you care x
We can all reach out our hands to others and that's a good thing to do, but it is ultimately their decisions to make, their lives to lead. Please make sure you look after yourself too xxx

Midlifecrisis 02-19-2013 12:55 AM

Hey I'm knlone

Midlifecrisis 02-19-2013 12:56 AM

Thanks for

The link
But I'm on Australia's

Midlifecrisis 02-19-2013 12:56 AM

In australia

ntmu 02-19-2013 01:00 AM

Midlifecrisis 02-19-2013 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by ntmu (Post 3824970)

??

ntmu 02-19-2013 01:10 AM

lol, i deleted something.

i'll look into australia connections if i can.

but anyway, let's talk kids.

you have a son or daughter?

Midlifecrisis 02-19-2013 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by ntmu (Post 3824972)
lol, i deleted something.

i'll look into australia connections if i can.

but anyway, let's talk kids.

you have a son or daughter?

3 sons. 2 daughters

ntmu 02-19-2013 01:18 AM

woah, big family. you must be a loving mum.

you def know they need you.