SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Boxing (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/159965-boxing.html)

lostbutterfly 10-30-2008 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by BeamMeUpScotty (Post 1963275)
Well, I'll keep my pecker up while I borrow your rubber, and then I'll knock you up in the morning.

And in the US you can still be pissed and stay on the road to recovery!

A rubber is an eraser in the Queens english - just in case you are ever over here and in need!!

BeamMeUpScotty 10-30-2008 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly (Post 1963301)
A rubber is an eraser in the Queens english - just in case you are ever over here and in need!!

Oh really, I guess I never picked up on that during my semester in London as a 20 year old male. Thanks for the help. Can I still knock you up in the morning? Hehe.

:Hat

lostbutterfly 10-30-2008 09:49 AM

From Japan? That could be interesting!

Anyway, we mustn't lower the tone of this thread - it's all about the beauty of nature!

BeamMeUpScotty 10-30-2008 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly (Post 1963375)
From Japan? That could be interesting!

Anyway, we mustn't lower the tone of this thread - it's all about the beauty of nature!

Well, I'm a "yank", in your parlance, transported to Japan. Did a semester in London while an undergrad. Man, if I could drink without consequences, London would be a frequent stop. Guess I'll have to find another reason to go back.

Edit: Sorry, just got the meaning of your post. it's 2:15 in the am here so the synapses aren't firing on full. Off to bed. Oyasumi nasai.

lostbutterfly 10-30-2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by BeamMeUpScotty (Post 1963279)
Oh, and even if Aussies have stayed true to the English language why do they eat in the middle of the road?

Kevin has roos at it under the house, cockies being "destructive" on top of the house and kookaburras - well, we're not going to mention what they've been doing.

That's what drives him to eat his brekky in the middle of the road with the crocs - I would too!

Drinking with consequences just sucks, doesn't it? Good night!

nogard 10-30-2008 04:22 PM

lol I see there has been some playing going on in here overnight, playful little animals!

lostbutterfly 10-30-2008 04:27 PM

Morning Kevin

I apologise for Scotty, I tried to keep him under control, really I did!

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 (Post 1962742)
Hear female porcupines can flatten down their quills to make it "easier" for the male. He wouldn't want to upset her half way thru tho, would he?

I wonder if baby porcupines do some quill-flattening to make it "easier" for their mums to give birth to them?

Jadmack25 10-30-2008 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly (Post 1963919)
I wonder if baby porcupines do some quill-flattening to make it "easier" for their mums to give birth to them?

Never gave that a thought til now. Had hard enough time having my 3 kids as it was. With QUILLS? Yikes!

Mind you, it would do wonders for population control.
:c029:

lostbutterfly 10-31-2008 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 (Post 1964106)
Never gave that a thought til now. Had hard enough time having my 3 kids as it was. With QUILLS? Yikes!

Mind you, it would do wonders for population control.
:c029:

Imagine breech births - no amount of quill flattening would help you out there! I, for one, would keep my own quills up when a man porcupine approached, wouldn't you??