SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2021 Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/456624-class-december-2021-part-2-a.html)

venuscat 12-22-2021 06:56 AM

What a perfect time of the year to make that choice. :) :hug: ❤️💚

venuscat 12-22-2021 06:58 AM

Sending you love dear Bodhi....you are so strong....you show that over and over again. :hug: s
And hoping that all is well and you are all safe covid-wise. xx ❤️💚
And sending prayers for your dad. xxxx

Erratic 12-22-2021 08:02 AM

hugs venuscat x thanks alot for your post x
hugs to you also bodhi x i do know where your coming from about reporting it and it would be a good idea to see what your therapist says. i know someone who pressed charges and he got prison time and she even got compensation x also saying that i know someone where things didnt turn out like that also. so defo speak to someone x

hugs also travelbug and im with u on that i will be sober from now on and what venuscat said lets all do this together and enter 2022 sober and be sober x

RAL i hope ur ok?

Citrus 12-22-2021 08:12 AM

:grouphug: I wish I could really hug all of you.

The boys have me hopping this morning. We are about to go do what I hope is the last bit of Christmas shopping. I will try to post more a little later.

Welcome TravelBug and Alpine!

Erratic and RAL stay close to SR. Love to you both. ❤❤❤

venuscat 12-22-2021 08:14 AM

Going with you Citrus honey ~ with a big coffee. :) :hug: s ❤️💚

calmself 12-22-2021 08:49 AM

Citrus, Have a great shopping time

Ral and Erratic, sorry to hear. But don't worry, we will be there to help you next time around. Have a great day all, from Seattle!

venuscat 12-22-2021 08:50 AM

You too dear calmself! :) :hug: ❤️💚

Citrus 12-22-2021 09:08 AM

Oldest is now being slow... lol. So I am waiting patiently with a big coffee!
I think we might stop by starbucks for some hot coco on the way home too. 😁

Citrus 12-22-2021 09:14 AM

Have a great day Calmself!

venuscat 12-22-2021 09:19 AM

I would like marshmallows in my cocoa please Citrus. :) ❤️

Scott2295 12-22-2021 10:30 AM

Good afternoon - After a downer Monday, yesterday was great and today is good so far in terms of my mood. My daughter and I got our Christmas grocery shopping done this morning. The grocery store was already busy at 9:30am and people are looking stressed. The combination of the holiday and the rapid expansion of the new strain of Covid seem to be taking its toll. We just kept to our shopping and tried to stay out of everyones way. I’m sure adding a lockdown as others are facing would make it even worse.

Travelbug - Welcome and congrats on Day 7. I think we’ve been in some other classes together. As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve had 21 day ones this year. The last one is the LAST ONE.

Calm - Congrats on Day 28.

Erratic and RAL - I’m sorry you both drank. I'm glad you came back so quickly. I hope you don't have any real withdrawal issues. Unfortunately when I’ve fallen I don’t get back until I’m physically ill. It only takes a couple weeks now for that to happen telling me that my body is really done with the poison.

RaggedyMan - Congrats on Day 5.

MPR-Congrats on Day 18. Now I typically wake up at 6am or so but I fall asleep at 9:30 or 10:00pm so I’m getting a fair amount of sleep and am starting to feel good all day. It has taken these 4 weeks to get there. When I was drinking I still woke at 6am (or 3am) but didn’t want to get out of bed because I knew I would feel terrible. I really like getting up early now.

Alpine - Welcome and congrats on Day 18.

Body - Good to hear from you. It sounds like you really have a lot of stuff on your plate. I hope your therapist helps you.

Citrus - Good luck shopping today. I hope you got out early.

FreedomFries - I hope you are doing ok. You haven’t posted in awhile.

Have a great day friends.

Danglez 12-22-2021 11:17 AM

6am day 29 - I hear y'all about the waking early thing, on my 2nd coffee lol

Did the last work presentation and the remainder of my Christmas shopping yesterday, officially on holidays until Jan 17th now ;-)

Erratic & RAL - Don't be hard on yourselves, you got straight up and started work again, that's a big win in my book. For me it's the fear of another day 1 or not even making it to there that's keeping me going, and all of you coolies cheering me on. You have no idea how much I appreciate the support!

My girl is going to Melbourne with family over Christmas so having a few hours together today, will have my kids here to keep me (hopefully) sane(ish) hehe

Love and strength to you all!!

D

Dee74 12-22-2021 12:33 PM

Hi Bodhi I’m sorry that happened to you - I can’t tell you what to do, it’s a very personal thing, but if you wanted to talk to someone or even just read up on stuff, RAINN is a good site.

https://www.rainn.org

D

Citrus 12-22-2021 01:52 PM

Struggling a bit. I wish I could go to bed at 4pm everyday until the cravings subside in a few months.

venuscat 12-22-2021 01:56 PM

(((Citrus))) ❤️

Milkshake time? I know it sounds silly....but it sure worked for me. xx

Danglez 12-22-2021 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7741233)
(((Citrus))) ❤️

Milkshake time? I know it sounds silly....but it sure worked for me. xx

Hehe, had a craving for a caramel milkshake yesterday, so great on a hot day, it was yummo!!

venuscat 12-22-2021 02:37 PM

:) :hug: ❤️

venuscat 12-22-2021 02:37 PM

BTG ~ talk to us honey. Sending huge love. ❤️

Wastinglife 12-22-2021 03:14 PM

I'm out of money because I drank it all at the beginning of the month. This will ensure my sobriety but I probably would be still drinking if I hadn't spent everything. I'm single and I don't have family around so it will be just myself. again. It's torture sitting in a small apartment for the entire holiday season!

Misc72 12-22-2021 03:22 PM

Day 1. My birthday is on Christmas. Here we go again...