SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2021 Support Thread Pt 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/452468-class-february-2021-support-thread-pt-2-a.html)

Enemdio 02-24-2021 11:34 AM

Probably the glasses, VCat - I don't seem to be losing any weight despite being an estimated 3000+ calories 'Light' over the last 55 days.

CuteNGayYay 02-24-2021 12:15 PM

nice Silver..its really a good read. I still need to read it again..thankful I found it... I dont like reading at all but it was one I actually got thru with no issue... tomorrow is 4 weeks for us ! God willing :)

sodasoba 02-24-2021 12:43 PM

.....Hi Citrus.

Morning check in, tenth day. Trying to just keep the routine humming along.
Seem to be sleeping less now.....awake at 5....maybe just get up and go with it. The quiet early mornings are good.
Go and settle into the day....probably a quiet one today.

Take care all, all we have to do is just stay sober for another cycle.
Later.

Bodhi02 02-24-2021 12:46 PM

Day 21 and on our last stop in key west. I’m feeling those cravings today. Those bars are everywhere.

I’m attending a dharma recovery meeting in a few minutes and we have a nice dinner planned and a ghost tour later tonight. Meditating and staying busy should help combat the cravings.

I started reading Jessica Simpson’s book, Open Book, she’s pretty upfront about her alcohol addiction. I’m really enjoying the book so far.

much love to everyone today!

sodasoba 02-24-2021 12:51 PM

Hello Bhodi
Pls post re the dharma recovery meeting maybe?
No chance of anything like that being available here......but been reading buddhist recovery book, much that makes sense to me there.
Tho I've never been able to meditate in the sense of sitting quietly and going mentally blank.
Maybe more of a zen walker, lol

venuscat 02-24-2021 12:54 PM

There is dear Soda....the whoIe thing is avaiIabIe onIine. I won't post the Iink as I think it is sneakiIy commerciaI, but just googIe it....you wiII find it easy peazy. :) xx

venuscat 02-24-2021 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bodhi02 (Post 7596768)
Day 21 and on our last stop in key west. I’m feeling those cravings today. Those bars are everywhere.

I’m attending a dharma recovery meeting in a few minutes and we have a nice dinner planned and a ghost tour later tonight. Meditating and staying busy should help combat the cravings.

I started reading Jessica Simpson’s book, Open Book, she’s pretty upfront about her alcohol addiction. I’m really enjoying the book so far.

much love to everyone today!

You are doing so so weII dear Bodhi....hats off to you girI!! :)
I hope dinner is awesome and I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THE GHOST TOUR!!!!! :) :) :hug: s

Dee74 02-24-2021 01:48 PM

Hi Citrus :)

D

Lixie 02-24-2021 01:50 PM

Going to bed sober. Nothing beats that. :D

venuscat 02-24-2021 01:52 PM

Nite Iove :) :hug: ❤️

AL48 02-24-2021 02:07 PM

Late check in for me tonight 10pm It was really busy today at work so had no time to catch up until now.
Hope you all have a good day/night.
For all of you finding it difficult sleeping I have a mint tea before bed every night, seems to help me sleep and wake up feeling fresh in the morning. Either that or the fact im going to bed sober but im telling myself its the tea 🍵
Goodnight everyone.

phoebe64 02-24-2021 02:11 PM

Funny enough Bodhi, I was once on vacation for a week in Key West, and completely sober the entire time. I was 5 months pregnant with my now 21yo daughter, lol. You’re doing great, as it’s definitely a big party place. We’d go out for a late lunch/early dinner and go back to our hotel rather early. That would be a good strategy regardless of the reason for not drinking. Places were less crowded then, so service was excellent. I was much younger and could tolerate sweets then, so also enjoyed some alcohol free blender concoctions.

AL48 02-24-2021 11:45 PM

It finally stopped raining after 2 days straight and looks like Spring is here and its bright at 7am.
When i started this journey one of the reasons i wrote to stop drinking was to feel good about myself and to be happy. I think todays that day, blue sky outside everyones healthy my relationship with my wife and family is great ive lost 5kg and i just feel great.
Today Im that customer who comes into the store smiling and laughing that i used to want to punch in the head because i had a hangover, didnt want to speak to anyone and felt awful about the night before .
Must sound stupid but im in great form. Have a great sober day everyone.

Lixie 02-25-2021 01:15 AM

AL, your post made me smile. :) Thank you.

AL48 02-25-2021 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lixie (Post 7596984)
AL, your post made me smile. :) Thank you.

You're welcome🙂

silversky 02-25-2021 04:36 AM

Beautiful AL. Your post makes me smile too. Thanks for sharing the good news. :c014:

I'm not on AL's level but sure feel better after a good night's sleep. I'm mostly sticking to the things that help and trying to avoid the things that don't. Always room for improvement. I had to sit with some heavy moods yesterday and negative thinking. Did lots of praying to lift the clouds and today I feel lighter. This journey is so much about living with our minds and trying to support healthier coping. I'm trying to befriend myself these days and still learning who I am. It's strange isn't it?

venuscat 02-25-2021 04:47 AM

Me three :) :) :)

And yes siIversky, it does feeI strange, but aIso kind of nice. :)

:hug: s

Tanky 02-25-2021 05:05 AM

Yeah, sleep still not a thing for me yet, after bust. But at least withdrawal seems to be calming down. Love seeing Al and others thriving though. Gifts of sobriety. Xx

Enemdio 02-25-2021 07:47 AM

AL - jealous of your weight loss! - is anyone else putting weight on like me? Seems like I've just replaced wine with cake - reckon I'm addicted to sugar and not alcohol?

Backtogood 02-25-2021 08:51 AM

Day 3. Not much sleep, but woke up sober which I'm grateful for. Pretty clear minded in the morning, but get major brain fog in the afternoons. Which is frusterating, but onwards. Nice to see everyone posting, succeeding in accumulating days or coming back after a slip. Stay sober.