SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2021 Support Thread Pt 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/452468-class-february-2021-support-thread-pt-2-a.html)

Bodhi02 02-23-2021 10:28 AM

Silversky I can 100% relate to the “f-it” mood. I definitely had a case of that the last time I drank so good for you resisting because it’s a really hard mood to shake. I’ll have to try you strategy then next time that mood hits me.

Day 20 AF for me today!

Enemdio 02-23-2021 11:31 AM

Evening everyone - good to hear you're staying Erratic and congrats on your days Bod!

I'm ready for bed at 7:30pm - SO tired - but it's actually quite pleasant - just want to go to bed with a book. Anyone else like this? I was beginning to think I might be unwell but I can't imagine you feel so good about wanting to sleep if you're ill? I think it must be PAWS?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

venuscat 02-23-2021 11:38 AM

It's 7.30pm in winter Iove....and I bet you worked hard today. :)
And peopIe get tired. :)
It sounds Iike a human thing to me....and it sounds IoveIy. Getting into bed with a book is something I haven't done in years. :) xx

sodasoba 02-23-2021 12:48 PM

Daystarter,
Kicking off a new morning.

Good to hear your going to stick with us erratic. There's safety in numbers, lol......these classes fade out dramatically due to ppl like me who just sort of fall out at some point. So the challenge is to hang in there and keep it going.
Wonder how Red78 and Citrus are doing.....?

Thinking maybe I should change the avatar picture......
It's an artwork by an 80's graffitti artist called Keith Haring. I always liked his work.
But lately I'm wondering if a pic of an exploding head is really, um, right for what we are trying to achieve for ourselves here. More serenity and inner peacefulness. Maybe something more meditative.

Today.....meeting this afternoon. Got the work finished yesterday. Bit of pressure on there.....My kind of working life, always with deadlines and expectations to met, is a constant cycle of pressure / release / repeat. I've used alcohol to deal with this a lot, as release and reward.
Challenge is to change this. Later this afternoon I will drive home, either pleased that a meeting went well or downered if I feel it didn't. Out in the car, off my patch....liquor stores where I don't regularly go.....usually stop and stock up. Not today.

Day 9.....off it goes.
Have a good day / evening / sleep , class.
Later

venuscat 02-23-2021 12:52 PM

I think a new avatar might be just the thing dear Soda. :) :hug: s

sodasoba 02-23-2021 12:57 PM

Yeah?
Been thinking about it for a while......

venuscat 02-23-2021 12:59 PM

Just go for it....I know I have the same avi forever, but I Ieft everything behind in Aus, so I need to see my past a bit stiII. :)

Dee74 02-23-2021 02:29 PM

I like the new one sodasoba :)

D

venuscat 02-23-2021 02:38 PM

Me too. :) :)

CuteNGayYay 02-23-2021 06:01 PM

Hey all.. day 26 i believe. Just wanted to do a quick check in... been very busy..very tired. Hope everyone is doing well. :grouphug:

Dee74 02-23-2021 07:42 PM

good to hear from you CAGY :)

D

Erratic 02-23-2021 11:45 PM

morning x
enemdio i am very much like u when it comes to sleep and bed. I was in bed by 7 and read for little while and slept until this morning, im always tired regardless of how much or sleep if drinking or not. its prob ur body still recovering which ive read can take a long while to adjust to changes. but hey ho, im no doctor xx

im off to a meeting this morning other than that not sure what im doing. good to see so many posts and AF weeks and days.

prob catch u all later x

Lixie 02-24-2021 12:29 AM

Morning all! Didn't sleep at all, so I'm drinking coffee by the gallon. Soon off to have my appointment with a personal trainer, and I'm hoping that my overweight, lazy body will survive...

Citrus 02-24-2021 06:54 AM

Hi guys. Day 4. Working hard to put new tools and daily routine in place. Hope you all are well. :hug:

phoebe64 02-24-2021 07:03 AM

Good morning all. Nice day here, warming up to 48°! Definitely getting out for a walk.

I struggle with fatigue too. I’m waking earlier and unable to get back to sleep. But, it’s better than the restless slumber while drinking.

venuscat 02-24-2021 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Citrus (Post 7596630)
Hi guys. Day 4. Working hard to put new tools and daily routine in place. Hope you all are well. :hug:

Great to see you Iove!!!! :) :hug: s

Hi Phoebe.....you too of course. :) :hug: s

silversky 02-24-2021 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay (Post 7596384)
Hey all.. day 26 i believe. Just wanted to do a quick check in... been very busy..very tired. Hope everyone is doing well. :grouphug:

Yay CNGY! You're doing the math so I don't have to but I'm keenly aware we're approaching a month soon.

I just ordered the book "Rational Recovery" and it will arrive tomorrow. I have done some reading on Addictive Voice Recognition on SR and elsewhere but never read the book before. That "mood" I had Monday is still the beast lurking in the shadow. The AV appearing as a "mood" still has an agenda. Even if I can't hear distinct thoughts, I know what the mood suggests. I'd like to learn more.

Anyone else read this book or find AVRT useful?

Stay safe everyone. Rest up when you can. Keep steering ahead. Keep posting.

Backtogood 02-24-2021 09:05 AM

Day 2. Checking in.

Enemdio 02-24-2021 09:17 AM

Well, good to know I'm not alone in going to bed at 7pm or being tired all the time. Laughing at your old Avatar Soda, I think it's very true to say an exploding head isn't exactly conducive to post-alcoholic serenity :c014:

Apparently, I was so comatose in bed this morning that my wife thought I'd already got up - she was smoothing down the duvet and was surprised to find me under it. It's a bit of a conundrum, really, in that I tremendously enjoy the sleeping, but then you can't spend all your life in bed.

venuscat 02-24-2021 10:33 AM

Hi dear BTG ~ with you every step Iove. :hug: s xxxx

And errrr Emendio.....either you are very very thin or your wife needs new gIasses. ;) :hug: s