SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2021 Support Thread Pt 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/452468-class-february-2021-support-thread-pt-2-a.html)

Dee74 02-20-2021 04:57 PM

Class of February 2021 Support Thread Pt 2

last part here :)
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-1-a-20.html

D

phoebe64 02-20-2021 05:19 PM

Sorry to hear that, SS. My husband is a young survivor of prostate cancer, having had surgery 2 years ago. Early detection was a benefit and he had access to a top surgeon.

Well, I ended up having a big nap late afternoon, through my witching hour. My son and I grabbed some takeout after our haircuts, so I didn’t need to cook dinner. My husband found some cheese and crackers to go with his beer. 🤷🏻‍♀️ He’s a grown up. He could find better dinner for himself if he tried. He’s not complaining so I’ll stop feeling guilty for napping so late.

I’m looking for new things to watch. Feeling like we’ve exhausted most of Netflix, etc... We have HBO for at least the month, Netflix, Hulu, basic Prime. I’d say we like all sorts of movies, but not downright horror like with knives and chain saws, lol. Any suggestions? We’ve seen most or all Marvel movies with the kids.

venuscat 02-20-2021 05:28 PM

Yes!! I just binged a whoIe season of the new Amazon show...."TeII Me Your Secrets". :)
It's good. :hug: s

phoebe64 02-20-2021 05:30 PM

Thanks...I’ll check it out! I am not familiar with it, so it’s definitely a new one for me. 😊

Tanky 02-20-2021 08:40 PM

Hey feb crew, I am back on day 1 and joining my third SR class. Not feeling super clever this afternoon. 😔 Also a bit antsy and shaky due to some minor withdrawal, I guess. But not giving in . Well done to all on racking up some sober days. Keep it up.

Dee74 02-20-2021 08:48 PM

Good to have you here Tanky :)

D

Erratic 02-21-2021 02:34 AM

morning all x im with u tanky i am back to day 1 yet again, but i have been spurned on to get more than my 10days last week, so im here making myself accountable and i even went to AA meeting which will be going to again tomo. so trying again to get into a routine and make some new habits, im still doing my cards in the morning.

hope everyone has good sunday xx

Lixie 02-21-2021 03:01 AM

:hug:

AL48 02-21-2021 03:43 AM

Good morning everyone just back from my walk getting those steps in.
Im wondering to myself must i naturally be addicted to something at any one time. I feel like my dad, if i get into anything like a new hobby i must get everything, he's the same since he retired fishing, art and so on. Bob Ross must have made a fortune.
For me at the moment its my health and fitness i buy all the apps weighing food counting calories new gear, weights ect. You name i buy it .I suppose its making me happy and im actually using it for now.
Stay strong and sober everyone.

Bodhi02 02-21-2021 04:20 AM

Good morning, day 18 here and at the airport. Walked past the bar area that usually my husband and I would’ve posted at and had a drink or 2 to kick off the trip. That would’ve set the tone for the rest of the trip and led to the alcohol trap. Here I am drinking a cappuccino and so grateful.

venuscat 02-21-2021 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by phoebe64 (Post 7594905)
Thanks...I’ll check it out! I am not familiar with it, so it’s definitely a new one for me. 😊

It just came out.....the 19th. I shouId not have watched it aII so fast, now I wiII have to do housework today. :) :hug: s xx

venuscat 02-21-2021 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tanky (Post 7594942)
Hey feb crew, I am back on day 1 and joining my third SR class. Not feeling super clever this afternoon. 😔 Also a bit antsy and shaky due to some minor withdrawal, I guess. But not giving in . Well done to all on racking up some sober days. Keep it up.

WeIcome Iove, and goodnight xx ❤️

phoebe64 02-21-2021 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by AL48 (Post 7595025)
Good morning everyone just back from my walk getting those steps in.
Im wondering to myself must i naturally be addicted to something at any one time. I feel like my dad, if i get into anything like a new hobby i must get everything, he's the same since he retired fishing, art and so on. Bob Ross must have made a fortune.
For me at the moment its my health and fitness i buy all the apps weighing food counting calories new gear, weights ect. You name i buy it .I suppose its making me happy and im actually using it for now.
Stay strong and sober everyone.

I’d say it’s a good investment with good return vs spending it on booze!! I’m a bit that way with hobbies. I have crafty interests, and let’s just say that I’ve got lots of supplies. 😉

Gkad you checked in, Tanky and Erratic!

I’m adding exercise into the mix today and moving forward. I’ve been in a self pitying, lazy funk. I know moving will improve my mood. We should get some warmer weather this week, too. I’ll get outside to walk.

phoebe64 02-21-2021 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7594903)
Yes!! I just binged a whoIe season of the new Amazon show...."TeII Me Your Secrets". :)
It's good. :hug: s

We started it, watched a few episodes, and are liking it. Thanks, V!

silversky 02-21-2021 06:47 AM

Phoebe: Thanks so much for sharing about your husband's good outcome. It's encouraging.

Tanky & Erratic: Glad you're both here. Keep adding new tools. Keep posting. The discomfort of riding the wave eases up, the pain of regret never does. Keep surfing.

AL: Sounds like healthy passions emerging for you. If they start interfering with daily life you'll be clear-eyed to make some tweaks, right?

Bodhi: Great start to your trip on Day 18 and blowing past the bar. Keep going and creating new memories.

Me: I'm still motivated to keep this month clean and sober as we go into last week of Feb. There is some mystery or grace to me when it feels easier to go forward than to start again. A window opened with some fresh air coming in and I want to keep it open.

venuscat 02-21-2021 06:58 AM

:) ❤️ I Iove your imagery dear siIversky. :hug: s

Enemdio 02-21-2021 08:52 AM

Hi All, everyone very busy posting today. Just back from big run in the hills - absolutely wrecked - honestly, too tired to drink. Feel worse than a bad hangover.
Just reading these posts - lots of people trying very hard. Strength to you.

PeteGibbons 02-21-2021 09:58 AM

Glad to see all the posts in this thread over the last 24 hours. I enjoy hearing about everyone's progress.

Day 6 here. Yesterday I felt great and was productive. This morning had a headache and less energy and maybe a bit irritable... But nothing too bad.

My Rational Recovery book arrived on Friday and I have read about 70 pages so far. I am enjoying it and I do like the message mostly. As some other reviewers have pointed out, the author spends a bit too much time on trashing other recovery programs in my opinion, but I have learned to just skim ahead past those portions of the text.

The RR book advises not to focus on counting the days. But I like to include that in my posts for now and keep some track of that so I am aware of how the day count might be affecting my moods. If I recall from prior attempts correctly, I think after about the first 15 days or so, my extra moodiness is usually gone.

RUL23 02-21-2021 12:32 PM

Just realized I never commented in here. I've been sober everyday of 2021 except two days I drank. Both minimal amounts thankfully. One was Valentine's wine tasting with my wife in Napa. Anyway. Nothing bad happened to me. No specific reason to quitting this time as there has been in the past, besides my health. I feel better. I love that. So with 50/52 days in 2021 clean and with 8 in a row right now, I am in with the rest of you! Let's do this. Looking forward to day 9 tomorrow.

venuscat 02-21-2021 12:46 PM

WeIcome dear RuI! :) :hug: s