SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2018 Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/437959-class-may-2018-part-5-a.html)

Free2bme888 05-16-2019 05:50 PM

Hi everyone!

Oh my goodness! Congratulations to both Willow and Guener!!!

I’m so sorry I missed it on the particular days.

Prayers for your mom Guener, and prayers for you that you have steadfast resolve against “Running back to the same thing that knocked you off your feet”😍

Willow, also an amazing feat between the death of both of your parents and all of the trips you made with booze all around you.

And I did a willow Dee, with thanks for all that you do for us and all of the support that you have. I don’t think we could make it without you, or at least to know that you have been an integral part of our successful sobriety journey.😊

I don’t have much positive to say here right now except that I’m glad it was at 95° out today. I love you all.

❤️❤️❤️

Free2bme888 05-17-2019 04:11 PM

Just landed in Denver. The stress is overwhelming. Was going to miss my connecting to Milwaukee. Pilot got us to Denver on time despite us leaving a half an hour late. Then we were stuck at the gate for 15 minutes 😩

Onboard now

Buyers of house are still keep not in agreement. Asked for extension. 😩

I cried my eyes out today. Feel I’m making mistake moving out west. I think I’m just overwhelmed.

I talk to my sister — she said our worst fears are true, you can’t just have one —she keeps telling herself that —but she has three or four LARGE hard drinks instead. She’s so mad she got back into it.

She knows now we are wired differently.

YesterdayAVsuper bad. Romanticized I could just have one Or two. It’s a lie!!

Ok. Taking off soon

By peeps!!!

Guener 05-17-2019 04:36 PM

I'm feeling a bit discombobulated this evening, too. Having gotten mom out of the hospital, to the grocery store for supplies, and finally back home, that consumed all day. A week of hospital visits and worry has worn me down a bit. She is really under-weight, I just hope that she'll be able to consume enough calories and not end up back in the emergency room. Phew.

In times of transition and stressful change we lose that sense of control that gives us comfort, but in the end it almost always works out.

I think I need a day of just getting my self together before something else whacks me on the side of the head, but if things don't accommodate me I'll just roll with the punches.

Onward ...

Dee74 05-17-2019 04:50 PM

Hope you can find some downtime this weekend Guener.
Thanks for the kind words Free :)

D

Willow00 05-17-2019 10:14 PM

Sending support to both of you Free and Guener.
It will all work out somehow.
We just have to hang in there and not drink.
I’ve had romanticised thoughts of drinking too, but it’s all lies the AV bear makes up to lure us back in and trap us in that awful cycle of drink, hangover, drink, hangover. We have to stay strong. One day at a time . Together :grouphug:

Guener 05-17-2019 11:58 PM

Feeling a bit better here after a sleep cycle, I'm going to try to rest up some more this morning.

Since taking a medication for a few days for an infection, one of the drug interactions possible is with my psych meds, and I think I'm getting a bit of that now that is making me feel off. Unfortunately, this medication for the infection is about the only route to take, so I'm going to have to endure it. Going of my routines has had an impact, too.

Just another brief "journal" entry into how I'm feeling, it helps to just get it out. :)

John65 05-20-2019 01:56 AM

Congratulations on your 1st year, Guener! :)

Hope that your Mum is doing ok.

Hi to everyone else too.

Guener 05-20-2019 02:03 AM

Thanks, John! I'm still not convinced that my mom is back on track fully yet, but she is home and eating to gain weight. It's going to be a while before she gets back on her feet, but I am trying to be hopeful.

Willow00 05-20-2019 02:46 PM

Hi everyone :wavey:

Dee74 05-20-2019 04:53 PM

Hello Willow :)

D

Free2bme888 05-20-2019 06:48 PM

Hi everyone!

In Michigan back at my stagers hay farm to visit. Will be awhile before I get to see her again.

Realtor and lawyers horrible. I’m leaving my sisters at 0600 tomorrow to drive back to Illinois. Clean house. Leave from Milwaukee. Land in Colorado. Work 0700 Wednesday

Kids graduated on Sunday. Yay!!

Glad your mom seems better Guener. Hi john! Hi willow!

More later.....

Free2bme888 05-21-2019 01:20 PM

Ok. Not my stagers hay farm. My sisters😂

Made it to Milwaukee airport. Waiting to board.

Hope all is well

John65 05-22-2019 09:15 AM

Hello everyone,

I've made it to a year, can't quite believe it.

Thanks Bumble, Free, Guener, and Willow, your posts and support have been and will continue to be invaluable.

Special thanks to you too, Dee.

All my best,

John

Willow00 05-22-2019 01:26 PM

Safe trip Free!
Congratulations on the kids graduating :)

Congratulations on 1 year John! :)

Dee74 05-22-2019 04:04 PM

Congratulations John :You_Rock_
Have a safe trip Free :)
Hi Willow :)

D

Guener 05-22-2019 06:58 PM

All right, John, way to go!!! :bbj: It has been so nice to see a steady stream of Maysters crossing over that line. And more to come ...

Phew, I was driving around southern New Mexico all day today and finally am back home to my cats and to relax.

It will be back to the office tomorrow after a good night's sleep. Feeling good.

John65 05-23-2019 01:37 AM

Thanks folks! :)

Willow00 05-23-2019 03:08 AM

Hi Dee :wavey:

Coming home to your cats sounds lovely Guener :)
Do you have a fireplace? I can imagine the cats curled up near a fireplace :)

I’ve had a really busy week, in a good way. Back to two jobs instead of three, and managing some better work-life balance :)

Guener 05-23-2019 04:59 PM

Hahaha, Willow, I am the heat source for these two. One or both of them are usually curled up next to me at night. I would like a fireplace, but I don't have one to provide for the critters.

I had a pretty normal today at work, which is exactly what I needed. It was nice to be in a basic routine for a change-up. Tomorrow will be a little different, though, but I'm feeling more rested and ready to go for it.

I'm still doing my ancient Greek philosophy course, and I looked ahead to see what our final assignment will be. I really like the time I have been devoting to this, and I will be done in a couple weeks. My project is going to be writing a letter from the point of view of one of the philosophers we have covered on not fearing death. That sounds a little morbid, but really it isn't.

Looking forward to another day ...

Guener 05-24-2019 04:12 PM

Another week has passed like it was something I was watching from the outside. I don't know how the days are passing so quickly and slowly at the same time. It's all okay, but still I wonder where things are leading.

There is a Blues Festival in our town this weekend, and while I am not a big fan of the genre, I will walk down to look at all the vendors and visitors. There will be a big beer garden that I will be skipping. Just to get out and about will be a good thing for me.

Free2bme888 05-24-2019 08:27 PM

Hi everyone!!

Congrats John on one year!!!!!

Hi everyone else !!

Our class is small but it sure is mighty in strength of sobriety. We are a resolute group for sure.

Sounds like good plans Guener!

Hi willow.—thanks the the kind words.... Still working all those jobs?

Hi Dee😍

Dee74 05-24-2019 09:23 PM

Hi Free :)

I hope you'll enjoy it Guener :)

D

Willow00 05-25-2019 02:42 AM

I wrote a big post last night but I mustn’t have pressed submit and it’s gone... oh well.
I was going to say that project sounds really fascinating Guener, not morbid at all. What an interesting course. I hope you enjoy the blues festival :)

I have finished one job Free, which is a relief. Less money now but less stress too, and hopefully the two remaining jobs will bring enough income in. I’m sure it will work out fine though. It’s nice to have a little more free time :)

I’m off to bed super early tonight (7.45pm) after a poor sleep last night, so hopefully I’ll wake up refreshed tomorrow. Big party animal that I am, in bed before 8pm on a Saturday night :lmao:
Goodnight everyone.

Guener 05-26-2019 04:59 PM

I passed on the Blues Festival, because I was not feeling up to dealing with a lot of crowds on the one day, and it has been really windy for the second. No big loss, but I think it still would have been a good idea to be around some other people. I'll have more opportunities to get out soon, I'm sure.

Monday is a holiday here, so I will have a day of doing whatever I want to do before going back to work. Tuesday my second cat goes in for getting "fixed", and all the medical requirements for having them up to town regulations with shots and being free of producing other kittens will be done. Wednesday is the first real day of effort in the office, as the students at the University return for summer classes. I will enjoy being busy again.

Onward ...

John65 05-27-2019 09:10 AM

I avoid crowds as much as I possibly can. In fact, I try and avoid people as much as I possibly can but I am actually getting a bit better with this.

It's a holiday today here too. Holiday weekends always used to be very boozy for me and it still feels a bit strange (in a good way?) when one passes without drinking and associated incidents.

Hope the cat gets on ok Guener, it good too see responsible owners like yourself.

I felt rather subdued around my 1st soberversary. A few weeks back I thought I might celebrate it but I just let it pass without too much of a fuss. I'm the same when it's my birthday too.

Best wishes to all! :)

Willow00 05-27-2019 09:20 PM

I don’t much like crowds either John. I’m finding that sober, I don’t really like being around lots of people. I used to use alcohol to feel more comfortable in crowds and now I don’t enjoy big gatherings at all.
My birthday this year was a bit rugged, being the first without my parents, who brought me into this world. I had a very quiet birthday as I didn’t feel like celebrating.
Good on you Guener for looking after your cats so well.

The AV was a bit in my face this weekend just gone. A few triggers. And combined with being hungry and tired didn’t help. A good feed and an early night to bed on Friday and Saturday nights definitely helped :)

Guener 05-28-2019 01:46 AM

My AV struck me hard yesterday for no particular reason, and I had to spend a few minutes beating it back. It was the hardest feelings I have had since I quit drinking, really, and that made it very unpleasant. You'd think that this kind of event would be past, but it goes to show it can happen. I almost feel a bit embarrassed about the whole affair, but I understand that's a negative feeling I need to dismiss and just post if it happens again. It reminds me that I'm still very much an addict.

I have promised a cat picture for a long time, and it's hard to get the two of them side by side at the same time, but it happened on Saturday, so here you go.

https://i.imgur.com/Hm5M7C1l.jpg

That's the two feet warmers after we all awoke from a nap. They are quite a bit bigger, as you can see, fully grown in all their size but still very attached to each other as sisters.

MantaLady 05-28-2019 12:35 PM

Huge congrats John!!

John65 05-28-2019 01:36 PM

Thanks Manta and thanks to you too Free.

Won't be long now until you'll reach your 1st years! :)

Willow00 05-28-2019 05:15 PM

Guener they’re adorable ❤️❤️❤️