SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2018 Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/437959-class-may-2018-part-5-a.html)

Free2bme888 05-09-2019 07:46 PM

I had a really rough day today. Just starting to feel better but have not packed for tomorrow and just feel really overwhelmed. Very nervous about driving a 26 foot truck. It’s going to be very expensive to move but I’m sure it all work out .

My best to everyone in my class. I love you all

Free2bme888 05-10-2019 07:13 AM

Ok. Here’s the funny so far folks:

This is the troublemaker at this little airport in western Colorado.
https://i.postimg.cc/R0zTnCVF/9-B75-...F14-AAFDDE.jpg

The security authorities here were asking if I had any food in my bag. I said yes, “some bacon!“
He said, “you have bacon?“ I said “Yes, I have bacon…“. He said, “well we will have to confiscate that!“

He had me pull it out and put it into the bucket to go in with my shoes and my purse. Then he shouted, “hey everyone! She has bacon in here!“

The whole airport laughed and as you can see, this is a very very small airport .
https://i.postimg.cc/wvjLh1K6/6-AE78...7-D4040-EB.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/vHJrp8nz/8-F771...0-EEF08648.jpg

And I got to keep my bacon!😍

Guener 05-10-2019 11:02 AM

That's very funny, Free, and I'm glad they realized somebody has to bring home the bacon.

Willow00 05-10-2019 01:34 PM

:lmao:
:lmao:
Thanks for the smile Free and Guener

I’m struggling a bit this weekend. Lots of tears, missing Mum. The AV is hassling me quite a bit to anaesthtise my sadness in wine but I am trying to make it leave me alone for a while. I’m going to a yoga class this morning. I’ll post more a bit later

Dee74 05-10-2019 06:37 PM

I know your mum would not want you sad, or drunk Willow.
Remember the good times - they're always there in your heart :hug:

D

Willow00 05-10-2019 07:06 PM

Thanks Dee, I know you’re right, and I’m trying. It’s just a really emotional time, everywhere are Mother’s Day gift ideas and it all reminds me that Mum’s gone... but I’m trying to remember the good moments ❤️

John65 05-11-2019 02:41 AM

First anniversaries are always the hardest, Willow. Things do get better so hang on in there!

Willow00 05-11-2019 03:29 AM

Thanks John, I figured the first everything will be the worst... I just ate a heap of chocolate. I feel a little better with some comfort food :) although the sugar might keep me awake lol. At least the AV has shut up for now. I’m off to bed. I’m really tired and I know that doesn’t help my emotional state. Night night everyone ❤️

John65 05-11-2019 09:23 AM

Hi Bumble,

Congratulations on reaching one year sober, that is so wonderful. :)

Well done!

Onwards and upwards.

John

Guener 05-11-2019 02:34 PM

Mom was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon, and I stayed the night with her to make sure everything would be okay. Tomorrow I will go back out for Mother's Day and bring her some more groceries with foods that she can eat. I'm grateful that she is on the mend.

I'm doing some house chores today to keep myself occupied, and the place needed some attention. It's better for me to have things in order around me. The cats really hate the vacuum, though!

Willow, we will be thinking of you as you have the first anniversary of your loss of your mum.

A shout out goes to all of us on the sober way of living our lives in a way that moves us forward instead of what we once knew.

Willow00 05-11-2019 04:05 PM

I’m so glad your Mom’s on the mend Guener, and that you’re spending Mother’s Day with her ❤️
I’m ok, there will be tears but I’m trying to remember the beautiful things and special times with Mum ❤️

Dee74 05-11-2019 05:26 PM

Hi willow - I dunno about where you are but it's a lovely day here - I hope you get out and enjoy it a little :)

D

Willow00 05-11-2019 05:30 PM

Thanks Dee, it’s a really beautiful day here too :) I’m going out with my sister and family later today. Right now I’m enjoying coffee and chocolate biscuits for breakfast in the sunshine. I’m going to eat Mum’s favourite treats all day in memory of her. Luckily I don’t have a weight problem.

Guener 05-12-2019 04:18 AM

I'm so happy to hear that you had a lovely day as remembrance on Mother's Day, Willow. I'm sure that times were a bit emotional, too, but that's okay. Happy Mother's day to all you moms out there!

Willow00 05-12-2019 01:51 PM

Thanks Guener :) I hope you had a nice day with your Om :) I had scones especially for Mum ❤️

Free2bme888 05-13-2019 01:51 AM

Hi. Guess my previous post didn’t go

Quick drive by

Hi gurner, Willow, John, Manta, solly, Marcutah and bumble.

Going to be driving west today. Sleepless now.

More later.

Dee74 05-13-2019 02:38 AM

Drive safe Free :)
Happy One Year Willow :)
Hey Guener - hope your day with Mom was a good one
D

Willow00 05-13-2019 04:47 AM

That should have read have a good day with your Mom Guener, not Om :)

Thanks Dee, can hardly believe it’s been a year since I’ve had a drink! Wow :)
It feels pretty darn good actually :)

Guener 05-13-2019 04:51 AM

:Flower: -- for you, Willow, on your first anniversary, to celebrate a year of great accomplishment. Purple flowers represent dignity, pride and success.

Willow00 05-13-2019 01:28 PM

Thanks so much Guener. That’s so thoughtful and lovely :)
It’s been a roller coaster ride of a year but I’m so grateful to have got through it sober. Thanks to you aMAYzing class of May for your support. I really appreciate you all and I couldn’t have gotten here without you guys

And a huge thank you to Dee for being a constant source of wisdom and guidance. I really appreciate your support, and especially so knowing you’re “just down the road” in Australia gives me a sense of connection and support close by.

Hugs to you all on my one year soberversary :) :) :)

:Val004:

Dee74 05-13-2019 03:45 PM

In Australia just down the road is 1000km yes LOL

congrats again Willow :)

D

Guener 05-13-2019 10:16 PM

LOL, sometimes it's easy for us who are so far away to forget just how large Australia really is, but regardless of distances it's so nice to feel close to one another.

I had to take my mom back to the hospital this afternoon and stayed to find out not much more than what we knew from the last stay. She needs a gastric tube to relieve pressure from her system, fluids and some nutrition, and more supervised bed rest. It's frustrating and worrisome that she is right back where we started a week ago.

There isn't a whole lot more for me to say today about how things are going, I'm waiting things out for it all to get a bit better with the events happening around me vs. within me.

Willow00 05-14-2019 12:07 AM

Sending support and love to your Mom Guener. I hope they get to the bottom of things and can help her feel better.
Yes Australia is quite big, we often travel long distance ls so don’t think much about the distance :)

Dee74 05-14-2019 02:17 AM

Continued best wishes for you and your mom and family Guener.

D

John65 05-14-2019 12:44 PM

Congratulations on your first year of sobriety, Willow!:c011:

Your Mum & Dad would be so proud of you, well done! :)

Willow00 05-14-2019 09:10 PM

Thanks John :)

Willow00 05-15-2019 01:45 AM

Guener, are you on one year today??? Congratulations :) :) :)

Guener 05-15-2019 03:16 AM

Yes, today is my anniversary date for one year. My emotions this morning are mixed with my Mom back in the hospital, but I am proud of what I have done with a lot of help from everyone here on SR, but especially I am grateful to my adopting class of Maysters who took me in with care seven months or so ago. There's more to come in my life for me looking ahead, and indeed for all of us.

Dee74 05-15-2019 03:25 AM

Congratulations Guener :)

D

Willow00 05-15-2019 03:29 AM

Thinking of you and sending prayers for your Mum Guener.

You’re an integral part of our class of May Guener and we love you being here along on this crazy ride we’re on together.
Well done on 1 year!

This was the quote on the 24 hour thread for 1 year. It really resonates with me and is just what I needed to hear to help reinforce my commitment to a sober life in the face of AV persuasive and insidious attempts to lure me back. I needed some more reinforcement and this helps.

“God didn’t give you the strength to get back on your feet so you can run back to the same things that knocked you down.” – Marvin Sapp