SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Part 77 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/437036-class-march-2016-part-77-a.html)

venuscat 03-19-2019 06:41 AM

Another thing you could do Bobbie love is check out AA head office to see if there is a women's meeting anywhere near....maybe you could start one....I am betting there are a lot of people in the country who find it hard to get any support...heck, doesn't have to be a women's group....could be a lovely new closed all-gender AA meeting.... :)

(Hmmm.....how many genders are there now? I honestly don't know....the questions on forms are getting fascinating....such as: male/female/other, and male/female/unsure. Seriously....I have seen both of those recently).

Just a thought. :hug:

Bette Davis scared me too when I was little MITA.... :)
And awesome sauce Casey love....keep on rocking. What video game is it by the way? I have a husband who may well be interested. :)

4.54am is seriously early Mz Purps.....gosh. :) :hug:

Hey there BBG..... :)
Drinking chocolate espresso....oh yeah....my life is hard. ;) :biggrin:

:grouphug:

Bobbieka 03-19-2019 07:30 AM

There are lots of meetings out here. That's not a bad idea though. I need to find a new home group. Mine is too far to go every week. I'll still go once a month or so there, but would like to find something a little closer.

I've come across the gender question a few times lately.

Chocolate espresso sounds awesome.

Purplrks3647 03-19-2019 02:34 PM

I'm sure something will come up Bobbie ~ and maybe you can still visit the women's prison once in a while? A quiet country setting with a dog sounds perfect :biggthump

Yeah my work shift starts pretty early but I'm okay with it....only possible with no hangover too....no wonder I'm ready to go to sleep super early :24:

Smart Recovery online "Tool Time" meeting tonight at 7pm :glasses

CaseyW 03-19-2019 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7147269)
And awesome sauce Casey love....keep on rocking. What video game is it by the way? I have a husband who may well be interested. :)

Fallout 76. Most people hate it. I love it.

Work is done. Pizza ordered. No poison in the house and I ain't going back outside today.

CaseyW 03-19-2019 07:50 PM

Still sober. Still video gaming. Just checking in. Have a good night, Marchers!

ManInTheArena 03-19-2019 11:35 PM

Bobbie, I'm sure you'll come up with something that works for you time wise and gives you the level of satisfaction you currently get, or even more.

Casey, I had never heard of Fallout 76 so I had to check it out. Seems cool, but kind of weird. I'm not a gaming person at all, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. Have a good night.

End of a long day for me. I switched things up with Ginger Ale tonight - I have not had that in a while - pretty good option.

Tomorrow will be easier. The conference starts breaking up with some people leaving early to catch flights, so no dinner or happy hour commitments.

See you in the A.M. :)

Purplrks3647 03-20-2019 01:42 AM

Morning startin' fluid check-in :23: Still waking up :e044:

CaseyW 03-20-2019 07:00 AM

Day 5. Prime number.

4:42 am is not morning, Purps. It's still night.

Slept great. Now I've got a sorta long-ish day at work but then off the next two days. I'll have to stick close. I also have to give a friend in Austin the bad news that I'm not coming to visit next week as I don't need to be doing that early in sobriety. She'll be OK with it but still uncomfortable breaking the news.

Have a great day, Marchers!

CaseyW 03-20-2019 07:06 AM

And I'm eating pizza for breakfast. Because I'm a grown-up and I can.

Bobbieka 03-20-2019 07:13 AM

Good freaking morning!

I spoke with Nathan last night. He suggested I take meetings to our county jail as they have none. It will take some political heat and a lot of pressure but I think I am up for the challenge. He has been there a few times and says most that get incarcerated there are there because of substance abuse and they do not offer meetings of any kind. I'm excited about the challenge.

MITA - glad things are winding down. Proud of you.

I'm with Casey, Purps. Your mornings are the middle of the night for me. Although I did wake up around then - I also went back to sleep.

Casey - have a good day. Smart move cancelling your plans for the moment.

Suze - have a great day!

Good morning, BBG!

13th - you out there?

Have an awesome day!

venuscat 03-20-2019 07:18 AM

Oh, what a fantastic idea love....and I am super-impressed that Nathan thought of this....perhaps it is something he could get involved in as well from the NA point of view. :)

Morning Casey and all....

Purplrks3647 03-20-2019 04:44 PM

Evening check-in....since I can't seem to stay up past 8 or 9 o'clock! Though I'm still not a morning person.....

See you all at startin' fluid time :grouphug:

CaseyW 03-20-2019 06:40 PM

Definitely had some minor thoughts tonight but I'm home safe and ain't gonna act on them. Nothing overwhelming but if it gets that way I'll jump on this website and yell for help.

Thanks for being here, hope everyone is having a nice day.

Purplrks3647 03-21-2019 01:54 AM

Stay close Casey :grouphug:

Startin' fluid time with my friend Grumpy Cat :23:

https://i.postimg.cc/tRNFcjdQ/Grumpy-Cat-Mornings.jpg

Bobbieka 03-21-2019 06:50 AM

I was asleep by 8 last night. What the heck? I guess I needed it.

I'm ready for a day of sober awesomeness. Hope you'll all join me!

Bobbieka 03-21-2019 06:52 AM

Thinking of you, PHX. Hope all is well.

CaseyW 03-21-2019 08:15 AM

Day 6. I'll take some more sober awesomeness.

It's so nice to sleep the entire night thru.

Off work today so have to be careful.

Mish 03-21-2019 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 7147541)
Fallout 76. Most people hate it. I love it.

Work is done. Pizza ordered. No poison in the house and I ain't going back outside today.

Fallout 76 caused tears in my house..my 11yo was all hyped up and then proceeded to melt down when he didn't enjoy it. I'm with you though Casey. I think it's great!
Welcome back sweet boy xxx

Bobbieka 03-21-2019 09:31 AM

Hey, Mish!!

Stick close, Casey! We're here.

venuscat 03-21-2019 09:33 AM

Hey darling Mish.....mwwwwwaaaaaa......how is your daughter or daughter in law doing with the pregnancy? :)

Can't remember what Nick said about that game....think he knew it though.

Love to you Casey....and all of the Marchies. xxxx :hug: s

PS....Coldie come chat: this is a GREAT group!!! :) :hug:

Purplrks3647 03-21-2019 01:52 PM

Checking in ~ started having those thoughts after work, passing a restaurant "Wish I could stop there and just get drunk" ~ but I didn't :)

I've been practicing urge surfing & "staying on top of the wave" once the thoughts start up, rather than drowning in them and giving in....so far so good...

Anyone else excited for the Motley Crue movie "The Dirt"? Coming out tomorrow on Netflix :headbang:

LillianGish 03-21-2019 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 7148614)
I was asleep by 8 last night. What the heck? I guess I needed it.

I'm ready for a day of sober awesomeness. Hope you'll all join me!

Good for you on the sleep! I couldn’t fall asleep until 3 am and then I woke up at 7 am. Back to anxiety once I stopped taking anti anxiety pill at night. Funny how that happens. Oncologist said I didn’t need it once chemo was over.

Guess radiation shouldn’t be a cause of anxiety? Try it sometime and see how carefree you feel! Today I had CT scan with radiation to map out where a tumor used to be in my body and then for desert I had targeted radiation to kill cancer. Hope it works but why should I worry?! La tee da how fun this is!!

Just ranting. Lack of sleep causing some grouchies.

I know I need to learn to deal with a different life now without medication help but jeez...too soon.

Still sober though and yeah, it’s pretty darn awesome. Suze thank you for the shout out on the 24 hour thread. Much love ❤️

venuscat 03-21-2019 03:07 PM

:( (((Lillian))) not fun love :hug: ♥

Purplrks3647 03-21-2019 03:09 PM

More congrats on your 7 months Lillian ~ and major kudos for how you handle all of this....hope you get some good sleep from now on :grouphug: :You_Rock_

PhoenixJ 03-21-2019 07:10 PM

Lill- my stuff is in a different league to yours, but one thing, perhaps is common.

Having the surgical procedures done, the photographing of my fried flesh for 'progress', all these things really are not normal- as in normal life stuff.
To the people on the Burns Unit- life threatening trauma, adrenaline- are normal.

So when I go there- I have to phase myself, almost into a different reality....
because it feels so surreal going back into normal life.
Such as the surgeon tell me he got a standing ovation at an international conference- showing my body images- for his work (well deserved), then I returned to living in a horrible boarding house where I was very unwell.

I think you might find the same- I get anxiety every time I go to that unit- just because.

Support to you.

Bobbieka 03-21-2019 08:41 PM

7 months! Yay! I mean, can't you just tell them you need the meds? They give meds to anyone for anything. Until you need it. Hugs and prayers, Lillian. This sucks.

You too, PHX. hugs to you. Not to the standing ovation guy.

Good job, Purple.

Good evening, Suze.

CaseyW 03-21-2019 10:13 PM

My internet has been wonky all day but other than that it's been a nice day off.

Congrats on 7 months, Lillian!

Grateful to be going to bed sober. Have a nice day, Aussies!

Purplrks3647 03-22-2019 02:12 AM

Hi class ~ just checking in....Friday morning startin' fluid :23:

venuscat 03-22-2019 04:35 AM

Grumble grumble in a lot of pain with a medical issue and the otc meds hurt my tummy so badly I had to try a different one (otc) and I am kind of shocked. I am knocked on my butt by this stuff....about to look it up in more detail. I mean, it's FANTASTIC having this pain gone....it was worse than my bone tumors, worse than when my leg got bitten to the bone years ago... but it makes me spacey I think and that is not OK for someone in recovery....not for me for sure.

CaseyW 03-22-2019 07:46 AM

Hope you feel better, venuscat.

Off work again today. Gotta be careful. Have a great day, Marchers!