SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 66 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/435654-one-year-over-part-66-a.html)

Treerat66 01-27-2019 12:40 AM

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.

LSC1 01-27-2019 02:25 AM

If I could remember how to put an image in here I have a map done ! :lmao

feeling-good 01-27-2019 03:48 AM

Going back to the map of the UK - I'm just north of Edinburgh on the east coast of Scotland in a small town called Inverkeithing :)

Been a quick and busy week work-wise - and no doubt more of this to come in the following week.

Some sad news this week, too, that a fellow member in AA has gone back out after failing to rekindle a relationship that she really wanted to. She had 4 months' sobriety and I guess it is true what they say about not banking on sorting out / getting into any relationships within the first year. I am sending her daily readings by email in the hope that she might, just might, read them.

Another friend in AA that I tried to help some time ago, has recently celebrated 5 months' sobriety, after a real struggle to get there. I am very pleased for her, but, again, keep reticent about being over-enthusiastic about it. I think she understands this, more fully than others might.

Anyway, better get on and get washed and dressed - haha! It's 11.48am and I am still in my dressing gown, but have a meeting at 2.30pm :)

FBL 01-27-2019 04:00 AM

Kathy's service was very nice, especially the family remembrances. The stream is still up at YouTube. You can PM me for the link if you like.

Not quite as frigid here this morning (-2F), but plenty of snow and bitter cold temps on our plates for this week.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!

Saskia 01-27-2019 04:42 AM

Yes, Kathy’s service was nice. Her granddaughter is adorable!

Off to the Symphony this afternoon - Sheherazade with our new music director.

Have a lovely day, Overs.

venuscat 01-27-2019 05:36 AM

The link is still alive....not sure when they will take it down. :hug: s

:grouphug:

You all know how close I was to Kathy, I think....may I be honest?
I was going to go to the funeral....and it was in fact her funeral yesterday.....but Nick had a business trip and was away most of the week....it would have meant a big drive for him in a tiring week....I could have flown.....obviously I didn't.

So I know that everyone says that was a lovely service....it just freaked me out. I have never heard a sermon like that before ever. I am not disrespecting Kathy or her family....just being Jewish means that funerals are a very different experience for me.

I did love her son's eulogy though....and the songs......that was beautiful.

I hope this is OK to say....not going to say it anywhere else....just getting my feelings out if that is alright.... :hug: s

FBL 01-27-2019 06:08 AM

No problem, Suze. The sermon wasn't my cup of tea either. In fact, I tuned out of the service once that part really got rolling. I'm glad they did the eulogies first. Those are always my favorite part of any funeral service. I look at it like my recovery, I take what I need and leave the rest!

Canadian Koala 01-27-2019 06:18 AM

Have a good Sunday Overs! :wavey:

Mags1 01-27-2019 08:41 PM

Morning Overs,

The snow disappeared as quickly as it came. Just seeing the weather now and it looks like we may get another smattering this week, but it is winter, I guess.

It’s hard to believe it’s nearly February, time is certainly flying nowadays. I recall when we used to have double geography at school, that was for 1 hour, but it seemed an eternity! I didn’t like geography but more so because I just didn’t get the teacher, I couldn’t follow him.

But nowadays one single hour is like a click of the fingers, then gone, never to return.

There’s something to be said for living in the precious present.

Right, I’ll stop pontificating!:lol:

Have a good day, my friends. :grouphug:

Treerat66 01-27-2019 11:13 PM

Good morning Overs.

I went for a 22 mile anger fuelled walk yesterday. It tired me out and let me sleep. On the positive side my feet are good to go again.

Have a calm day everyone.

stargazer016 01-27-2019 11:58 PM

22 miles Andy?! That would take me 8 or 9 hours if I could keep pace. That's great exercise and a sure way to dissipate anger.

Have a good Monday everyone!

Mags1 01-28-2019 12:31 AM

Andy, I hope the walk worked! :c025:I used to run to get through it.

Saskia 01-28-2019 02:16 AM

Suze, I watched the video because I cared for Kathy. I don’t have to care for her family’s brand of religion and that’s ok.

Andy, wow - long walk! Good for you. Do I gather you are having sleeping issues? Not surprising but I know how miserable that can be. :hug:

Mags, yes, I agree - time flies so fast now and I don’t want to waste it!

Hi SG, CK, FBL, LSC, FG, Itchy, Toots, PJ and all of the Overs! :grouphug:

FBL 01-28-2019 03:29 AM

Winter wonderland here this morning. We've got about 8 inches of snow and it's still coming down. The roads were okay, but our parking lot still isn't plowed out yet, so had to park across the street at McDonald's. The worst is yet to come as the bitter cold temps will be here soon. Wednesday's HIGH is predicted at -13F and we could see wind chills near -50F!

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!

Treerat66 01-28-2019 04:21 AM

I've got the cheque cashed, :scoregood I had to refuse to leave the bank until they sorted out their own rules and regulations but it worked. Our finances were very simple almost everything was under joint names. It should be easy to deal with but I have had people refuse to talk to me about my wife's pension (although they are paying it to me now) because of data protection law and it is virtually impossible to open an executors account because of anti money laundering laws.

As with a lot of things, you are not qualified to start it, until you have finished it.

I will start to sleep better now.

Mags1 01-28-2019 04:27 AM

Andy, how frustrating! I’m pleased you stood your ground!:tapping

Soberwolf 01-28-2019 07:26 AM

Good job Andy

Itchy 01-28-2019 09:15 PM

Hey guys!
I'm glad to see all doing well, and Andy staging a good old fashioned sit in.

FG,
Great job on helping others get off the booze! You can only cheer them on!

LSC, just save the map as a picture, the open this website page:
http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2
Then drag and drop the pic into the square, give it a minute and a link appears under it. Click on the link to copy it, then paste it into your post. EZ.

FBL, try again, my pm was at the limit so I had to delete a bunch of pms to make room. Thanks!

With all this bad weather I decided flying was the best option for now. So I'm booked for the middle of next week for two weeks then flying back. Tomorrow the generator guy is coming to do some maintenance so if the power drops while I'm gone my spousal unit will have power.

FBL and all the others in cold areas take care! Here it's 44 tomorrow
and warming all week until Sunday and Monday when it will be 71 and 74° !

I'm a Saints and Patriots fan and only watch playoffs and the Super Bowl if one of them are playing. After we move we'll add the Broncos. It's been more than a few days since we lived in Colorado. (1978-1981)

Going to bed early and get used to normal hours before I fly. Generator guy will be here at 0900.

Treerat66 01-28-2019 11:35 PM

Good morning Overs.

I got 8 hours sleep last night but 8pm to 4am isn't normal :lmao

Have a good day everyone.

Mags1 01-29-2019 12:02 AM

Morning Overs,

Have a good trip, itchy.

Andy, you getting ready for spring and the nice light mornings, yes at 4 am! :lol: