SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 67 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/424877-class-march-2016-part-67-a.html)

PeacefulRain 03-14-2018 08:58 AM

I need some startin fluid! 😁 It’s been 5 days 😱

I need to hit Trader Joe’s today, we are out of just about everything. Of course give the poison ☠️ the ol Casey salute too! Speaking of Casey.......Casey Casey Casey!

Have a great day everyone!!

Bobbieka 03-14-2018 09:17 AM

Hey, guys! Dang you were chatty. Mouth is feeling okay. Getting old sucks. Especially when you still think you are 12.

Yes, BBG - we celebrated "hug a plumber" day last year. That's what started it all. lol

13th keep posting.

Have an awesome day guys!

Bobbieka 03-14-2018 09:18 AM

March 14, 2018
– NATIONAL WRITE DOWN YOUR STORY DAY
– NATIONAL PI DAY
– NATIONAL POTATO CHIP DAY
– NATIONAL REGISTERED DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST DAY
– NATIONAL LEARN ABOUT BUTTERFLIES DAY
– NATIONAL CHILDREN’S CRAFT DAY

Bobbieka 03-14-2018 09:18 AM

Thought for the Day

Can I get well? If I mean: "Can I ever drink normally again?" the answer is no. But if I mean, "Can I stay sober?" the answer is definitely yes. I can get well by turning my drink problem over to a Power greater than myself, that Divine Principle in the universe which we call God, and by asking that Power each morning to give me the strength to stay sober for the next twenty-four hours. I know from the experience of thousands of people that if I honestly want to get well, I can get well. Am I faithfully following the A.A. program?

Meditation for the Day

Persevere in all that God's guidance moves you to do. The persistent carrying out of what seems right and good will bring you to that place where you would be. If you look back over God's guidance, you will see that His leading has been very gradual and that only as you have carried out His wishes, as far as you can understand them, has God been able to give you more clear and definite leading. You are led by God's touch on a quickened, responsive mind.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may persevere in doing what seems right. I pray that I may carry out all of God's leading, as far as I can understand it.

PeacefulRain 03-14-2018 10:05 AM

I think we will participate in pi(e) day with a homemade strawberry pi(e) 😋 if we can make it to TJs before the rain hits.

Caramel 03-14-2018 12:25 PM

I don't post often but always read here, and can see I have come to "know" each of you and can rely on you for support and encouragement if I need it.

Just sharing with you that last week there came one of those situations we recognise as the start of a new chapter: my DD sustained a moderate head injury and will need to be looked after by me and lead a quiet life for some weeks.

The outlook is positive, she should make a normal recovery.

I'm so grateful I could be there for her.

Thoughts on non-stimulating ways to pass the time will be welcome. (Not permitted any tv, computers, noise, excitement)

Take care, dear people. Life changes in an instant sometimes. :grouphug:

venuscat 03-14-2018 12:38 PM

Oh Caramel love.....I am so so sorry. :hug:
And very grateful your daughter has you to take care of her.....thinking about suitable activities...

What about card games? Maybe gin rummy.....it's entertaining without being too challenging....and possibly some board games as well that are not loud....I used to like playing the game LIFE with my sister.....you go along in your little plastic car, get married, get a job, have babies, or not.....it was more fun as an adult than it was as a child almost. :)

And I imagine she will be allowed to go for short walks.....even just sitting in the garden together will be nice if it's warm enough... :hug: ♥♥

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/a...73d562~mv2.jpg

Thirteenth 03-14-2018 12:51 PM

Sorry to hear about her injury, Caramel. On the plus side, the prognosis is good long term and she has you to care for her.

I was thinking the same as Suze, board/card games. Maybe some soft classical music to relax if that would be an option. Walks depending upon the noise and stimulus of course. She can dig into various books and such as well. Painting would another option, or coloring. Perhaps cooking together. Just some thoughts.

Best wishes for a quick recovery. :grouphug:

PeacefulRain 03-14-2018 01:30 PM

How old is your daughter? I can search my homeschool boards. I find all kinds of fun activities there, not just “school” stuff. Many hugs Caramel for both of you.

Purplrks3647 03-14-2018 01:59 PM

(((Caramel))) So sorry to hear this but glad her recovery looks promising. Maybe some arts/crafts would be fun (?) Thanks for stopping back by....hope to hear from you again soon! :grouphug:

Purplrks3647 03-14-2018 02:03 PM

Hi everyone ~ I decided to cancel a tentative plan for this weekend....there's another drum circle at a different location on Saturday that my friend and I were going to check out. But with that being St Patty's Day and being off work Sunday, my AV was having a field day and I know I would've ended up drinking. Not that I'm completely in the clear but it's a relief for now. :grouphug:

venuscat 03-14-2018 02:42 PM

Good move love. :hug: ♥

LillianGish 03-14-2018 03:03 PM

Caramel, I’m so sorry and thank goodness you are there for your daughter.

Make it memorable. Share a story a day with with other about your history together. My mom and I listened to several books on tapes together and we loved talking about that too. If you were writing a soap opera...take turns telling each other the next episode...or write it if that’s easier.

Soft music on a patio. Patio gardening is light work. If it’s cold...gardening lights in the garage is growing some tomatoes for us now.

Have a cat or a quiet dog? Good therapy to have a new friend. My new rescue dog has been really good for me to get myself out of funk.

A steady schedule where each day has familiar mileposts....meal times are fairly steady, naps, bedtime...can be comforting to some people. Plan visits from close friends?

A puzzle might be too hard, but I can spend the whole day doing that! Same with scrapbooking or some sort of art project. Painting maybe?

You will be in my thoughts. Remember to take care of yourself too. Really important.

venuscat 03-14-2018 03:36 PM

I was getting all carried away with the beauty of your post dear Lillian....you were lulling me.....and then I heard "quiet dog"

:roflmao

Your ideas are beautiful..... :) ♥♥

Bobbieka 03-14-2018 05:06 PM

Caramel I’m so sorry , but so glad you are there for her. You’re a great mom. My kids loved when I read to them. The Harry Potter series is a great read out loud.

Purps, proud of you. Way to make the right choices.

Applekat 03-14-2018 05:12 PM

So very sorry Caramel - thinking of you guys!

Bobbie stole my idea. Read Harry Potter out loud - we just got our kids the large book version that has a few pictures too! And I got Sorcerer’s Stone on CD to listen to.

I use the Headspace app for meditation which is very calming, too!

Lillian’s post WAS calming in itself. :)

Good luck!

PeacefulRain 03-14-2018 05:30 PM

I have homemade strawberry pie in the oven right now!!!! 😃😃😃

Purplrks3647 03-14-2018 05:41 PM

Guess which "Friends" episode is on....this one cracks me up every time!!! :lmao:

https://s18.postimg.org/n64y9bbll/an...9349568-15.gif

Applekat 03-14-2018 06:05 PM

Yeah Friends!!!

(Btw I’m pretty much Monica.)

venuscat 03-14-2018 06:59 PM

I thought I was Monica darling Kat.... :)
We can share. :) ♥

I have no idea which episode that is or even who that is....and yes, major Friends person....can't pick it. :(