SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connections Part 355 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/424209-24hour-recovery-connections-part-355-a.html)

Jack16 03-02-2018 03:58 PM

Signing out before I go to bed.

So glad that I am home, warm, SOBER! Went to a talk/gig thing tonight with a friend. Afterwards he headed off to go drinking. I can't tel you how glad I ma that I went home instead. Now I can read for a bit, and in the morning go to a yoga class.

I'm making some changes, I'm gonna build my sober muscles each and every day. I am going to do what ever it takes to live the sober life i want and deserve - that WE ALL DESERVE.

Love to all of you, and see you in the morning

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kris47 (Post 6806520)

Bump! Love it, Kris!

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by quitter62 (Post 6806387)
24 More is the Plan of the Day!

Final Packing and EXTRA attention to our GIRLS before we leave them for vacation. (They won't know what to do, POOR BABIES!) To those that don't know, our GIRLS are our BOXERS. They are FAMILY but alas cannot go on the Cruise ship. I feel GUILTY but they are staying with our Daughter and family that they know and love and will be well cared for. I will MISS THEM TERRIBLY!

Hitting the ROAD in the MORNING!

Have a fantastic time, quitter!!!!!!!! ❤️

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Neverthought (Post 6806415)
Good morning team. 10:10 in the crazy North East.

Very thankful for the support I'm receiving.!

Sign me up for another 24 hrs. please.

Greetings, Neverthought. Stay safe in that cold, windy, snowy weather!

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Neverthought (Post 6806424)
Thank you venuscat. We're crazy animal lovers too (not that you're crazy :lmao). I decided to give our cat some exposer. The dog usually monopolized our photos...lol

We actually picked her up at an animal shelter. She hid in our computer room and threatened us often for many weeks.

We gave her the benefit of doubt and now she sleeps with me every chance she gets. She went from the cat from hell to most affectionate wondercat.

Imagine having a Mastiff sleeping on one side and our long-hair on the other....it's a blessing.

What a beautiful story, Neverthought!

badgerden 03-02-2018 04:09 PM

24 more

badge

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by erfra7 (Post 6806404)
Morning
Another night 4-5 hrs sleep. Grrrrrrrr

24 more for this sleepless lost alcoholic soul

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.

—Erica Jong

There was a time when we didn't believe we had any talents. We couldn't imagine we had any purpose or any gift to give to the world. But it's true: We all have talents, many of them. If we each haven't yet discovered ours, we soon will. With time and the Steps and friends, we will be encouraged to recognize them, to celebrate them, to cultivate them, to dare to give them away.

Utilizing our talents fully, which is part of life's bigger plan, may lead us to new jobs, new friends, to places presently unknown. The prospect of new horizons may excite us. It may also elicit dread. We can trust that, just as we are given no problems too big to handle, we are given no talents too great to develop. The strength to move ahead will always be available if we have faith. And the program offers us faith.

I will look for my talents today. I will also look for talents in my friends. I can celebrate them, and soon the way to use them will become clear.

When you find yourself awake, just focus on relaxation and not sleep. It may help with sleeplessness anxiety.

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by jsm273 (Post 6806430)
Good morning, everyone, I’m in for another day of sobriety! Congratulations to today’s celebrants and all who are sober today.

I believe it was last week when I posted about a conversation I had with my ex. At the time I was glad to hear from her. I’ve had some time to reflect on what she said. More importantly how she said it. I now think it was best that the relationship ended. Time to move on.

I hope you all have a great day. If not at least make it a sober one.

Love to you, jsm! ❤️

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6806432)

https://i.imgur.com/0iQKXQs.jpg

24 more hours of precious freedom please, with oodles of love for everyone.

Love Mother Teresa!!!! ❤️

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6806441)
It is indeed..... :) :) ♥

Venus was thrown out in a trash can....really.....she was very damaged and very abused.....and she was a little crazy like her mum....we were well-suited. She was my wondercat for sure....best friend I have ever had. ♥

How dreadful :(

So glad that she knew such happiness with you.

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper (Post 6806207)
24 please. Mother is showing a little improvement. She is starting to eat solid food and beginning to make progress with her hip; putting a little weight on it. If everything goes well she will move into the physical therapy section tomorrow and out of post-op rooms/intensive care. Long road ahead but we are hopeful. I am starting work at 5 then off to see her this afternoon. Grateful for the weekend—it’s a 3-day for me. We found a caregiver for my Dad as my brother and I are stretched too thin and need help. I went back to work yesterday and am much less productive due to exhaustion but boss and some colleagues are being supportive and kind. My friends and family have been wonderful.

Not a thought of a drink. I am happy about that

Thank you and 24 for sure.

Stay safe in the snow UKers. It’s spring here and it will come your way soon. :)

Love

Red

So glad that things are improving for your Mom, Red.

Really happy that you found a caregiver for your Dad.

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by pixiedust78 (Post 6806229)
Good Morning !!
0630 local time and I feel a bit tired , but good ! Had a good talk with my husband this morning and shared some of my truths . He has my back and promised if he has a drink he will be discrete around me. So here I come Day 3 !!
Another 24 for me :c043:

So wonderful to see you today, pixiedust! ❤️

Day 3 is wonderful :c011:

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by JayTee33 (Post 6806257)
One week in! 24 hours more please!

:nyy, JayTee

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by abcowboy (Post 6806289)
“Commitment gives you freedom because you’re no longer distracted by the unimportant and frivolous. Commitment gives you freedom because it hones your attention and focus, directing them toward what is most efficient at making you healthy and happy. Commitment makes decision-making easier and removes any fear of missing out; knowing that what you already have is good enough, why would you ever stress about chasing more, more, more again? Commitment allows you to focus intently on a few highly important goals and achieve a greater degree of success than you otherwise would.” - Mark Mason

5:50 am in Alberta, today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

24 more please, and thanks...

:thanks,mcowboy.

And another darn good day, indeed!:c011:

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by SaturatedSeize (Post 6806342)
Good Morning friends! Haven't posted again in awhile but you all are still in my thoughts regularly. Congrats to all milestoners and those staying sober, and many positive thoughts to those struggling.

I have my buddy's wedding that I'm a groomsmen in all day tomorrow. I won't know anybody except the bride and groom, and of course they will be busy all day, so I'll be pretty much alone. My girlfriend didn't want to go as my +1 because she doesn't get along with them (kind of petty when I asked her to go, but oh well).

My best friend in any and all social situations was booze. They are going to have kegs of beer and free wine throughout the day and my social anxiety is going to make it very difficult to not drink so I feel like I "fit in." Just to ease the anxiety of being around so many strangers and being in a role that people look to is enough to make me want to drink.

I see this as another challenge on my path to sobriety and I love to overcome challenges. Recognize the triggers and difficulties and I'll have a plan for when I get there.

Take care all, stay safe, much love!

So lovely to see you, SaturatedSeize!!!!!

Stay close.

You will make it through the festivities!

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala (Post 6806169)
One year and three months : done!:thanks

24 more please!

:nyy

Congrats,,again!!!!!! ❤️

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Neoo (Post 6806179)
I was told by my mother this morning that she was proud of me and that I am a totally different person than I was this time last year :) I don't see it myself but was nice to hear :)

How beautiful, Neo.

I share your mother's pride!!!!! ❤️

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by kenton (Post 6806185)
Thanks Venus for keeping track of the milestones.... 16 months today! Congrats to everyone else celebrating a milestone today.... I love having Canadian Koala one month behind me..... we're going to keep this going forever.

My kids schools are closed today... all the roads are blocked... life as we know it has temporarily ground to a halt. So we're spending the day watching 1980s movies which is one of my favourite things to do. The kids love watching films that my husband and I watched when we were kids. We've just finished watching The Abyss.... wow, that's a long film but really awesome. Now we're about to start Ghostbusters, then it's Back to the Future. I don't think I could feel happier. Love to everyone ....24 more for me please xxx

:nyy

Congrats, again, sweet Kenton!!!!! ❤️

1newcreation 03-02-2018 04:41 PM

Gonna hold you to that post of looking back, Kris!
24 mo

SoberLeigh 03-02-2018 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jack16 (Post 6806967)
Signing out before I go to bed.

So glad that I am home, warm, SOBER! Went to a talk/gig thing tonight with a friend. Afterwards he headed off to go drinking. I can't tel you how glad I ma that I went home instead. Now I can read for a bit, and in the morning go to a yoga class.

I'm making some changes, I'm gonna build my sober muscles each and every day. I am going to do what ever it takes to live the sober life i want and deserve - that WE ALL DESERVE.

Love to all of you, and see you in the morning

Fantastic! Well done, Jack!!!!:c011:

You are going to feel so amazingly fabulous in the morning!!!!!:scoregood