SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24Hour Recovery Connections Part 355 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/424209-24hour-recovery-connections-part-355-a.html)

venuscat 03-03-2018 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by julietUK (Post 6808099)
That cake is right up my street (hope that is understandable outside UK), chocolate cheesecake, I could just eat a slice. Thanks Leigh, you remind me how sweet life can be.

Good night all. I am celebrating 2 months tomorrow so I will be up early waiting for my fireworks and cakes:) :) :)

Thank you all for being here. I don't know where I would be without you. But actually I do know; it would not be a good place.

:tyou:tyou:tyou

And fireworks you shall have. :)

Nite love, nite Neoo, nite to all the UKers. ♥♥

joandmelandhan 03-03-2018 01:30 PM

Oh zeppodog I feel for you I really do. I was incapable of being left to my own devices for YEARS. No matter how many threats my husband made, how many time I made my girls cry the bottle won. Every. Single. Time.
In the end it was only me who could make that change for myself. I'm ashamed to admit it was the fear of my own demise that had me hands up submit. I suspect I'm not alone in that respect.
If you can make the decision for YOU. Grab that programme with both hands and do It! We will be with you every step of the way :hug:

joandmelandhan 03-03-2018 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by julietUK (Post 6808099)
That cake is right up my street (hope that is understandable outside UK), chocolate cheesecake, I could just eat a slice. Thanks Leigh, you remind me how sweet life can be.

Good night all. I am celebrating 2 months tomorrow so I will be up early waiting for my fireworks and cakes:) :) :)

Thank you all for being here. I don't know where I would be without you. But actually I do know; it would not be a good place.

:tyou:tyou:tyou

Just a slice?
Juliet you amateur haha!
I could stick my face in that cake and guzzle the lot!!!
Oh no what was I thinking I have a yummy sliced pear and fat free yoghurt instead! :headbange
I shall be waiting with my dancing banana friends for you in the morning sweetie pie :You_Rock_

WeaverBird 03-03-2018 01:56 PM

What JoJo said Zep. I never really thought about stopping drinking, why would you? And then the end came really quickly. I thought my soul was dying. I looked into hell and I was terrified, I don't think that's too strong a way of putting it.

Just try out everything everyone suggests until something sticks and that's your plan. The rewards of sobriety are unexpected and I am so grateful I've had the chance to get a glimpse of what's possible. Keep going, my friend.

zeppodog 03-03-2018 01:57 PM

Well my wife gets back today so guess I'll see how things are. She called few times and knew I was drinking a lot. I love my wife she's my best friend, hope she gives me another chance. I'd really be lost without her.

SoberLeigh 03-03-2018 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by WeaverBird (Post 6808140)
What JoJo said Zep. I never really thought about stopping drinking, why would you? And then the end came really quickly. I thought my soul was dying. I looked into hell and I was terrified, I don't think that's too strong a way of putting it.

Just try out everything everyone suggests until something sticks and that's your plan. The rewards of sobriety are unexpected and I am so grateful I've had the chance to get a glimpse of what's possible. Keep going, my friend.

Exactly, I did not stop drinking until I realized that my soul was gone. I can remember that day when I sat, slumped in desperation against my kitchen cabinets on my kitchen floor, full wine glass in hand, repeating over and over and over again "Enough, enough, enough, enough, enough". I was defeated. Beyond defeated. I could have curled up into a ball that night and died.

Hevyn 03-03-2018 02:10 PM

Zeppo, I did the same thing so many times - and I finally got free. You will too. Hoping it goes ok with your wife.

Please give me another 24. Can't go back to hell.

SoberLeigh 03-03-2018 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by zeppodog (Post 6808142)
Well my wife gets back today so guess I'll see how things are. She called few times and knew I was drinking a lot. I love my wife she's my best friend, hope she gives me another chance. I'd really be lost without her.

We are here for you, zeppo.

Outline your plan to her and follow through.

SoberLeigh 03-03-2018 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 6808158)
Zeppo, I did the same thing so many times - and I finally got free. You will too. Hoping it goes ok with your wife.

Please give me another 24. Can't go back to hell.

Me neither. I fear that I could not escape again!!!!

PhoenixJ 03-03-2018 03:08 PM

Zeppo- as Dee will tell you..having a recovery plan is essential. What to do...a plan B for social occassions, planned support. I am not techno savvy, but the plans stuff is in the Sticky's. I always have 5 goals to work through. One of them is ALWAYS recovery. I am always a recovering alcoholic, as I will never be cured.
A routine is good...if my housecleaning goes down, or my plants are wiltering- that means self care needs work. I remember when I feel crappy (which is a lot of the time) HALTS, if I am hungry, angry, lonely, tired/thirsty or sad/stressed..I rest,eat,hydrate and get people to help me fix it. I do meetings, see a counselor and psychologist (CBT has been essential in my recovery), I keep ALL appointments. I also journal a great deal- most of it is boring, but anything I feel, I write down and readdress. I do not make decisions if emotionally charged (good or bad). Walking helps, and I discovered I can do art. Distraction is a good thing to do when cravings hit.
Meetings- very important.
Support to you.

madtown42 03-03-2018 03:28 PM

3/4 of the way but I'll take 6.5 more hours of being sober. Lil' Dt. Mountain Dew caffeine flying through the day!

Neverthought 03-03-2018 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by zeppodog (Post 6807915)
Why do alcoholics do this to themselves? Why can't you just quit? I'll keep pouring alcohol down my throat long after I'm buzzed. I'm just trying to get through the day and get back to feeling healthy again.

Please hang in there zeppo....

You really caught my attention with your post....I've asked these questions to myself....over and over.

I'm not going to tell you anything you don't already know. I just want you to know you have our support. There is only one way out! I've tried, what I would consider, every angle.

It's a dark hidden predisposition.

Here's a long-story-short.....I'd say about 10 years ago, I preceded to get falling down drunk before my wife and I were supposed to go out for dinner. That was not in the game plan.

Man, that was one of the most embarrassing occurrences in my life. I made sure that never happened again.

I thought, I need to learn how to develop a tolerance for this. I went as far as to regulate and measure my intake, which didn't take long. I embraced how to manage it.

There is a big exception to my story though. That wasn't me controlling my drinking, that was my addiction controlling me. It was a wholly **** moment in my life.....been fighting that fight since joining SR.

I know exactly what you mean when you wrote, "I'll keep pouring alcohol down my throat long after I'm buzzed". It's basically a chemical reaction taking place within our bodies, then completely taking over....takes the brakes right out of the equation.

I'm giving in to sobriety (god help-me), but never giving up and I have a long-long way to go.

I'm pulling for you (and everyone), because I know in your heart by your messages, you want what we all want here.

These amazing leaders on SR can surely help,......"You know who you are."

Sunflowerlife 03-03-2018 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6807737)
:nyy

Congrats!!!!!!!!! ❤️

Thank you Leigh!:tyou

Sunflowerlife 03-03-2018 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by zeppodog (Post 6807853)
Checking in again, started drinking earlier in the week, pretty sick,, I'm calling some treatment places to get help. I feel hopeless out of control. just want to get well and not drink.

Glad you are here with us Zeppo- keep checking in, as much as you need. We are here for you...

Jack16 03-03-2018 04:28 PM

Zeppodog - you deserve to be sober and happy.

Sending prayers from London.

Jack16 03-03-2018 04:30 PM

Signing off for the night. Feeling tired but in a good way.

Happy to be sober, happy to be part of this fine community.

Love to anyone struggling out there. Onwards, onwards, onwards.

Dee74 03-03-2018 04:46 PM

new thread:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-356-a.html