SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2016 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/398209-class-september-2016-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 09-30-2016 10:58 PM

The 'class of' threads were set up so that a group that formed in September and got sober in September, would stay together in this September thread...

but some people feel the need to join the October group as well - and we won't stand in the way of that at all - so....its entirely up to you :)

D

ReadyAtLast 09-30-2016 11:04 PM

Welcome back bobquin

Dee74 09-30-2016 11:36 PM

We've already moved windancer :)

Welcome back Bob - sorry you drank again but the support here is the same as it ever was :)

D

ReadyAtLast 10-01-2016 12:36 AM

Morning everyone - ah we are in new home :) I'm still in my original class back from 2012 Horatio and this one too. Do whatever you feel comfortable with - as Dee says there are no rules.

Congrats to everyone who has a month and to everyone else on their recovery no matter what day they are on :scoregood

What a difference a week makes. Last Saturday I woke full of shame, dread, fear, anxiety, guilt and horror and had a truly wasted weekend. this morning I woke clear headed, have cleaned out Junior RAL's room and the hens and going to chop some wood soon, then maybe get a walk.

Great news on your horses Windancer and something to look forward too is such a positive and necessary thing.

I've always said this - waking every day sober feels good but there's something extra special about waking sober on a Saturday as Friday night was ALWAYS crazy drinking night. A clear sober weekend ahead is bliss. Happy Sober Saturday everyone :)

Windancer 10-01-2016 01:35 AM

Greetings all.
It's 4am here and I don't know whether to have a coffee and get up or try and get back to sleep. I have another busy day ahead. At least my brain was keeping me awake with good and exciting thoughts.

I'm having moments of sheer serenity and peace as well as excitement and enthusiasm for the future. Then other times I really feel like I'm in the pits of hell. I am certain the moments of happiness are due to my commitment to recovery (AA and this site) and working with a sacred herb medicine. After I began working with the medicine my whole outlook on life changed and I am very blessed to have had the rare opportunity to work with it in Ceremony.

I really hope I see all the same people here even though it is now October :)

Windancer 10-01-2016 01:37 AM

Oh, day #19 for me.

Dee74 10-01-2016 02:05 AM

I'm sure you will windancer :)

D

Windancer 10-01-2016 02:17 AM

I decided to add a picture of myself instead of using an avatar because I've realized I am no longer ashamed of anyone knowing I am in Recovery. If someone has a problem with it, it is truly their problem and they can remove themselves from my life. I'd rather be known for being in Recovery than for being an active drunk.

Windancer 10-01-2016 02:18 AM

...and I added my quit date for accountability purposes.

ReadyAtLast 10-01-2016 03:50 AM

Lovely photo Windancer and congrats on day 19 :You_Rock_

Zanna 10-01-2016 03:54 AM

Congrats on your graduation, September people :) x

WhiskeyBent 10-01-2016 04:02 AM

I just figured out that the September class doesnt end when the month ends. There are lots of little sub forums on this board. I joined in September and made the month. Feels good to be a month clean. Im still battling the urge but its getting better. Its nice to read all of your posts and here about your successes.

Sazzle 10-01-2016 04:49 AM

Morning class

I'm feeling very inspired today. I'm decluttering for the whole month of October. Everything I don't like or need is getting tossed from my home. I've already started on my bedroom. It's now a sanctuary. I'm exhausted though, which is why I'm taking it slow over the month. So this weekend will be some more gentle decluttering and reading in my new sanctuary

For those of us whose first weekend sober this is, good luck. To those who already have a few, you're my inspiration.

Bowski 10-01-2016 05:29 AM

Congratulations to all for one month! I didn't think I'd make make it, but the further away from the start date, the better I feel. It's been great talking with everyone and I look forward to continuing this journey together. Fall is upon us, - changing season to go with our changing lives. Great day everyone !

Dee74 10-01-2016 05:29 AM

Congratulations Bowski :)

D

HelenofTroy 10-01-2016 05:50 AM

Good morning folks. Day 3 here.

Windancer you are really claiming your sobriety and I couldn't be prouder of your accomplishments. Sazzle isn't that a great feeling to declutter? I am trying to get there but it is a huge job. It's unbelievable how much clutter you can acquire after living in one home for fifteen years lol

I have the furniture shampoo guy coming today as my insurance guy wants to try and save my flood damaged furniture before agreeing to replace it. Then I have to do some shopping to make a steak and ale pie dinner for my brother tomorrow before we go to an Alice Cooper concert. Woohoo! Good times :)

Windancer 10-01-2016 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by HelenofTroy (Post 6156362)
Good morning folks. Day 3 here.

Windancer you are really claiming your sobriety and I couldn't be prouder of your accomplishments. Sazzle isn't that a great feeling to declutter? I am trying to get there but it is a huge job. It's unbelievable how much clutter you can acquire after living in one home for fifteen years lol

Thanks Helen! What a good way to put it. Your comments made my morning :)

And I am in the process of decluttering too. I just moved and am giving away many items and things and junk I no longer need to the thrift store. I'll feel lighter and like a new woman when I'm done. Only thing is it is taking me awhile .... I have been having a hard go with motivation. But I'll get there.

MyLoves 10-01-2016 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Windancer (Post 6156155)
I decided to add a picture of myself instead of using an avatar because I've realized I am no longer ashamed of anyone knowing I am in Recovery. If someone has a problem with it, it is truly their problem and they can remove themselves from my life. I'd rather be known for being in Recovery than for being an active drunk.

Awesome attitued!!! Being in recovery is nothing to be ashamed of. You should be very proud of your hard work :)

And congratulations to everyone - no matter what day you are on!

MyLoves 10-01-2016 08:00 AM

Good morning all!! What a glorious sober and well rested saturday morning!!!

I can't remember the last saturday i woke up and felt this great. Plans for the day - lazy morning with the kids cleaning & doing laundry. After lunch i'm taking the kids to a city park to feed the ducks, play at the awesome play ground and go to the witches hut. Then they are off to my parents for the night.

Then me & SO will be going for dinner. It will be interesting to see what the rest of the evenng brings....but i won't be drinking :D

Windancer 10-01-2016 09:05 AM

This load of limestone gravel is going much farther than I expected! wooHOO. Think the horses should be coming the end of next week.