SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt. 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/397141-venuscats-thread-unexpected-bump-road-pt-2-a.html)

venuscat 09-17-2016 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 6139277)
I just looked up Petite Auberge ~ how wonderful it looks! I can TOTALLY see you staying there. Seems like a lovely place to have a cup of tea in the afternoon, reading some poetry.

I stayed in that area once and remember everywhere I wanted to walk seemed to be uphill....LOL! How can that be?

So excited for you Suze!

Every time you tell me about this Lillian, I become more excited. :biggrin:

:hug: ♥

venuscat 09-17-2016 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by wpainterw (Post 6139495)
P.S. Of course when you get to be a geezer like me people may think you're "square". They're wrong. With sobriety you get to be a cube. A big, heavy cube! And if I ever start to roll, watch out below!

W.

There is NOTHING square about you Bill. :) :hug: ♥

And yes, thinking that the Petite Auberge might be more my style than Alcatraz. Especially these days; we deserve to celebrate ourselves a little yes? And it will be my 2-year anniversary on Oct 27. :)

Gilmer 09-17-2016 05:14 PM

Speaking of needing to talk, I was just visiting my Aussie tenant.

I have been schooled.

What we call coffee here in the States is apparently not fit for Aussies, who have a far more sophisticated palate.

I asked, "What about Starbucks (the pride of America)?"

Derision: "No way!"

I am aware that you yourself possess a special gourmet coffeemaker.

My pathetic coffee may present a problem!

But there is hope: apparently there is a shop in the next town called King St. Coffee that my Aussies will deign to enter.

I guess that's where we'll have to go when you're in town!

Kris47 09-17-2016 05:20 PM

I'm so excited for all of you meeting up!

venuscat 09-17-2016 05:38 PM

:) Gilmer love, I hear about this all of the time, but I think it's one of those things that people just like to talk about....coffee beans are coffee beans, they are everywhere....roast, grind, compress, put in machine and pour carefully....I'm betting we can find some great coffee love. :)

And I only drink two cups a day anyway! LOL!

Wish I could see you too Kris. :hug:

Gilmer 09-17-2016 05:46 PM

I'll drink any coffee of any caliber, no matter how old and burnt (I draw the line at floating mold. :scared:). My only request: I like to put a few ice cubes in so I can drink it right down. Not iced coffee--just a couple notches higher than lukewarm.

venuscat 09-17-2016 05:48 PM

My coffee machine is available there love....so lots of people must make espresso. :hug:

http://i2.cdscdn.com/pdt2/1/1/R/1/30...DELECO311R.jpg

Gilmer 09-17-2016 06:08 PM

Maybe I'll buy one then sell it on EBay as soon as you leave! :lmao

Soberpotamus 09-17-2016 06:12 PM

Coffee!! Suze, I make French press in a glass carafe. Plain and simple. It is strong and slightly oily, a little gritty, with a tiny bit of foam at the top. Splash of half n half. And that's it. I drink two large cups of it and I'm done for the day.

No Starbucks necessary. :)

I started out drinking McDonald's coffee with yucky creamer, lol. I must've been 26-27. It took me about ten years to make a decent cup. :)

But ... like Gilmer, if necessary, I will drink any coffee I can get my hands on. And yeah, no mold.

wpainterw 09-17-2016 07:49 PM

Thanks, Suze. You wrote "There is NOTHING square about you Bill." I agree. Rather I'm a cube. And that's not "cool". Too old to be "hot". Cube, room temperature. I hope that at least you're an octahedron. Aspire to be a cube, like me and then you won't roll downhill and have to hike all the way up. Choose your temperature. Cool or hot. Just not lukewarm.
As for coffee. Alcoholics who used to be wine snobs can become coffee snobs. Recently a visiting friend brought us some "creme brulee" coffee. Haven't tried it yet. Scared to. I agree that mold is distasteful, except in Stilton and Gruyere cheese, Gorgonzola di Alpi! (am a cheese snob, dog snob, etc.). Penicillin.

Bill

FBL 09-18-2016 03:45 AM

Suze, if you somehow find yourself in the Milwaukee area, look me up and I'll treat you to some frozen custard (no coffee though, I can't stand the stuff).

venuscat 09-18-2016 05:03 AM

Off to look up where Milwaukee is....

Really. ♥

EDIT.... :( It doesn't look like I'm going to be in that part of the country. Shame; I would so love to meet you. :hug:

FBL 09-18-2016 05:34 AM

Thanks okay, Suze...just means more custard for me:)

Kris47 09-18-2016 06:08 AM

I'm 5 hours from Milwaukee in the stix.

Florida wintertime.

venuscat 09-18-2016 03:03 PM

3 weeks and 3 days to go.... :biggrin:

saoutchik 09-18-2016 03:16 PM

I drink french press too, the oilier the better. There is a type of coffee available that first has to pass through the digestive system of a cat. Hipsters love it

Bill you are definitely not square more like a Renaissance man I reckon

wpainterw 09-18-2016 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 6140694)
I drink french press too, the oilier the better. There is a type of coffee available that first has to pass through the digestive system of a cat. Hipsters love it

Bill you are definitely not square more like a Renaissance man I reckon

What kind of a cat? Is it a decent cat? Maybe British? The kind of cat I should know? As for me, I'm not square. If I'm at all Renaissance, I'm a Renaissance Cube. DaVinciCube if you will.
I think that the Peruvian Indian (Quechua) ladies chew something before they put it in beer (chicha) served out in buckets with foam floating on top. Bon appetit!

venuscat 09-19-2016 12:10 AM

Hmmm....how did we get here exactly.... ;)

Another fantastic day, massive amounts achieved, including the US currency I now own....oh my gosh....it does not look real....people say it looks like Monopoly money; I have to agree.

Dee74 09-19-2016 12:13 AM

If it's all different colours, you've been hoodwinked Suze :lmao

D

venuscat 09-19-2016 12:30 AM

^^^ He he he.... :biggrin: