SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt. 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/397141-venuscats-thread-unexpected-bump-road-pt-2-a.html)

LillianGish 09-05-2016 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6123480)
Thank you darling Lillian :hug: ♥ (Really happy to see you today :)).

Ditto Suze ~ happy to see you too. The world is a better place with you in it.

I've missed a bunch of roller coaster days. Sending you healing vibes from this corner of the world towards yours.

wpainterw 09-05-2016 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6123304)
I'm sorry you're having trouble with it Bill but seems to me your issue is TinyPics captcha system not SR's software.

Captcha can be tricky for some of us. There is an option for having the captcha letters expressed vocally.

D

Thanks Dee. As for me, attempting to post pictures on SR has taught me "the wisdom to know the difference". I am a photographic luddite and shall always be one!

Bill.

LillianGish 09-05-2016 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by wpainterw (Post 6123581)
Lillian Gish - one of my favorite actresses! I remember her in "The Wind" where she wore a big floppy hat which kept being blown about by The Wind! Welcome to the Venuscat thread! W.

Wasn't she the best??!! I did see that movie.

Thank you for the welcome. :)

wpainterw 09-05-2016 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 6123587)
Wasn't she the best??!! I did see that movie.

Thank you for the welcome. :)

Yes, in the movie she came from the South and so wore a sort of Scarlett O'Hara hat. Not the sort of hat one should wear when anticipating "The Wind"! Yes, Gish was my dish! (sorry!):c011:

Bill.

venuscat 09-05-2016 11:15 PM

Gritting my teeth this afternoon after more family stuff that was upsetting.

But why? I've made my decision.

The answer once again is fear. The (ingrained) belief that I will be punished because I am bad. The black sheep once again, the pariah. All of the 'friends' discussing what a terrible person I am....not my friends. My sisters' friends.

I was thinking about something Dee said:

I get the fear - I've had it myself - and it's ok to be scared...just don't let it rule you.

All the things you want to do - keep those plans active - you're gonna get there.

This is one of my favourite quotes:
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...ODgyMw%3D%3D.2

Now is the time when I would traditionally sabotage myself. Decide that this is too scary, too hard. Start listening to the thoughts that tell me I have no idea what I'm doing....my sister's voice in my head denigrating me.

I am calling myself out on this...and reminding myself that I CHOOSE to live in faith rather than fear.

venuscat 09-05-2016 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 6123582)
Ditto Suze ~ happy to see you too. The world is a better place with you in it.

I've missed a bunch of roller coaster days. Sending you healing vibes from this corner of the world towards yours.

Just love girl....always. And thank you once again for the healing vibes...I need them this afternoon.

I loved Ms Gish as well, and one of my favourite actresses these days is Annabeth Gish. For years I told people she was Lillian's granddaughter....and then I found out that sure, her grandma's name was Lillian, but not that Lillian. Too funny.

venuscat 09-05-2016 11:29 PM

Good (very early) morning Bill. :hug: ♥

Saskia 09-06-2016 03:53 AM

:grouphug: V, i hadn't seen this thread before either. You are brave in the best way possible!

Kris47 09-06-2016 06:37 AM

Thank you for posting such a beautiful trumpet lily Bill and Suze.

Did you know that lilies like their head in full sun and their feet firmly planted.

It is that way much the same for us.

Know if you are planted "right" you'll bloom anywhere you are. ;)

Grow and be happy V!

Soberpotamus 09-06-2016 07:22 AM

Hi, Suze. :Valdog:

My mom was considered the black sheep of our family. She was the 'bad' one. It was very hard for her to live with that after a while. She never got sober for very long either.

Are you seeing the sisters and friends posts on Facebook?

wpainterw 09-06-2016 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6123605)
Good (very early) morning Bill. :hug: ♥

Good morning to you from Big Bad Bill (Massachusetts "Bad Person")- Massachusetts small towns specialize in gossip. We have a long heritage, goes back to the Salem witch hunt days. Weather up here getting colder. Soon it will be time to light up the first witch to keep everyone warm.
Lots of sheep herding down your way I guess. Do they single out the "black sheep" and bad mouth them? Illigitimis non carborundum. ("Don't let the bastards wear you down!"). As for your trip to the U.S., go for it! Get out of Dodge, as they say in the Westerns and go to a few heavy metal gigs, ride on motorcycles with Goat.
As for your sister's friends, I remember my sister used to write me letters saying, "Your poor children! Such lovely little boys! To have a father such as you! Shame!" I once got so angry I took some scissors, cut out the offensive part of the letter to make a big hole and sent it back to her. Big Bad Bill strikes again!

Bill (Dog tries to keep me from further disgracing the family)

Gilmer 09-06-2016 08:30 AM

Sisters: :buttkick:

EternalNow 09-06-2016 09:02 AM

[QUOTE="venuscat;6123598"] The answer once again is fear. The (ingrained) belief that I will be punished because I am bad.

Amazing. It is the feeling that punishment is coming that supports my fear. Fear is all about punishment. Perfect love casts out all fear, so I'm told. Because with perfect love there is be no punishment, only acceptance.

EternalNow 09-06-2016 01:16 PM

Pardon me I got the quote wrong. It is me commenting on fear in the second part not Venus. Nervous fingers move too quickly.

wpainterw 09-06-2016 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by EternalNow (Post 6124299)
Pardon me I got the quote wrong. It is me commenting on fear in the second part not Venus. Nervous fingers move too quickly.

I like your avatar with the ancient tree. I have heard that those trees may be the oldest ones on earth. An icon of survival. Reminds me of Dylan Thomas' " Rage, rage, against the dying of the light." Truly a beautiful poem for his father.

Bill.

venuscat 09-06-2016 03:45 PM

Late start today ~ I had terrible nightmares and tossed and turned....thank you for staying the journey with me guys...I can do this with your help. ♥

Gilmer 09-06-2016 03:48 PM

(((Suze)))

venuscat 09-06-2016 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6124024)
Sisters: :buttkick:

This is hysterical. :)

Originally Posted by wpainterw (Post 6124001)
Good morning to you from Big Bad Bill (Massachusetts "Bad Person")- Massachusetts small towns specialize in gossip. We have a long heritage, goes back to the Salem witch hunt days. Weather up here getting colder. Soon it will be time to light up the first witch to keep everyone warm.
Lots of sheep herding down your way I guess. Do they single out the "black sheep" and bad mouth them? Illigitimis non carborundum. ("Don't let the bastards wear you down!"). As for your trip to the U.S., go for it! Get out of Dodge, as they say in the Westerns and go to a few heavy metal gigs, ride on motorcycles with Goat.
As for your sister's friends, I remember my sister used to write me letters saying, "Your poor children! Such lovely little boys! To have a father such as you! Shame!" I once got so angry I took some scissors, cut out the offensive part of the letter to make a big hole and sent it back to her. Big Bad Bill strikes again!

Bill (Dog tries to keep me from further disgracing the family)

And this is such an awesome post ~ thank you dearest Bill!!! :) ♥

wpainterw 09-06-2016 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6124423)
Late start today ~ I had terrible nightmares and tossed and turned....thank you for staying the journey with me guys...I can do this with your help. ♥

I too have terrible nightmares. Maybe your doc can help. Often I dream I am late for class and don't know what to say or teach when I arrive. Get lost, alone in dark, deserted streets (cf. T.S. Eliot), wander among large, menacing, deserted mansions, frightened. Wake up and not know which is real, which the dream.

Bill

venuscat 09-06-2016 05:14 PM

(((Bill))) ♥