SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Part 18 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/392212-class-march-2016-part-18-a.html)

Applekat 06-01-2016 06:27 PM

Darn I thought Netflix had Breakfast Club! Ha.

Hope all is well.

rah555 06-01-2016 06:30 PM

Checking in end of day 2. Did well with my eating today. I wore my Fitbit but did not make it to 10,000 steps. Still feeling really tired today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

samantha14 06-01-2016 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 5979649)
Yep. 24 hours a day- 6 days a week. In Missouri the only time you cannot buy alcohol is from 1 Am Sunday morning until 9 Am. I'm not sure why you can't buy then.

Wow - that's crazy to me....here the latest they stay open is 9pm and on Sunday's it's only noon to five

samantha14 06-01-2016 06:36 PM

Rah - are you totally obsessed with your FitBit?? I am absolutely crazy about mine!! I sometimes jog around my living rooms to get my steps in - lol. Congrats on day 2!!

Just enjoying a cup of Mango Tea while hanging out with my daughter - it's prom tomorrow so lots of excitement!! :)

KiKi0615 06-01-2016 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 5979123)
I guess they checked my heart and my blood and thought she's fine. I did actually hear the doctor telling the crisis counsellor that I'm not an alcoholic.

Ha. I've had 2 out of 2 therapists in the past 5 years tell me I'm not an alcoholic because I don't fit the typical alcoholic "mold". It's BS and doctors and therapists are so ignorant when it comes to alcoholism & addiction. How are you feeling now?

I wanted to check on you sooner but I've been busy with my kids since about 2:30.

KiKi0615 06-01-2016 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded (Post 5979160)
Kiki - sending strength to you your son! I wish more parents taught their children empathy. It would be a much better world. I tell DD that I don't care if she is the best student, the fastest runner, the most popular...those things aren't as important as kindness.

Thanks so much clearly! That means so much! We've always taught our kids kindness too.

Bad parents = bad kids
Good parents = good kids

LillianGish 06-01-2016 06:41 PM

Glad you're doing better Sam!

Originally Posted by rah555 (Post 5979742)
Checking in end of day 2. Did well with my eating today. I wore my Fitbit but did not make it to 10,000 steps. Still feeling really tired today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Rah, I meant to post to you earlier that focusing on my health, as opposed to focusing on avoiding alcohol is really working for me. Seems to be easier for me if I think about it that way.

Sounds like your doing good so far but I'm sorry you're tired!

samantha14 06-01-2016 06:42 PM

Kiki - I'm doing better - still have the day one anxiety and shakiness but I am sober and feeling more positive about going down this path this time :)

KiKi0615 06-01-2016 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by LillianGish (Post 5979227)
Kiki, My heart breaks for you and your son. Ouch. My daughter went through a similar experience in the 5th grade and I remember how truly awful it was for her (and me). It was a problem I had difficulty fixing. We ended up changing schools and that was the right move. She's blossomed now - almost more than she should. Now she has too much of a social life, but that's another story. In the new school, we hooked her up with the right teachers and network....talked to the Principal and got many adults on board with getting her connected in the 6th grade. Left all that old baggage behind. Kids really are mean. I'm so sorry to hear your son is being treated so poorly. Have you talked to the school? When I mentioned "bullying" and "legal action" in the same sentence....I did get some attention.

Thanks Lillian! Yes, we have talked to the school several times & they suck! Grrrr....

samantha14 06-01-2016 06:49 PM

Have you guys ever heard of a website/app called Hello Sunday Morning? It's for people quitting, minimizing or concerned about their drinking You can set challenges for yourself, do check-in's, post pictures of what your hangover free day looks like.....it's kind of cool!! :lmao

KiKi0615 06-01-2016 06:50 PM

Sam....Thank you so much for the prayers for my son! With everything you are going through, the fact that you would take the time to do that is a testament to the amazing person you are. :-)

Applekat 06-01-2016 06:51 PM

I have been loving my Fitbit, although, it's scary how little sleep I get! Yikes.

KiKi0615 06-01-2016 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 5979253)
As the mother of 2 that will be in University - I am really jealous.

Me too!!! I've got 3 to put through college in the future!

KiKi0615 06-01-2016 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbieka (Post 5979356)
Well, heck, it's starting to pour. No ball for me tonight. BTW, I start playing soccer with my kids and a lot of kids I coached over the years. I'll be playing on Monday nights, so if you don't hear from me on Tuesday morning - it will be because I'm in the hospital. Don't know why I thought this would be a good idea.

Lol Bobbie!

KiKi0615 06-01-2016 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Spacegoat (Post 5979393)
Hey Bobbie thank you for the kind words earlier and also last nite, I forgot to say that. You're cool. You all are. Actually the amount of kindness and compassion (and intelligence) on this board is pretty astounding. Same goes for the rooms. Alcoholics huh? Who'd have thunk it! Early night for me. Sam I am sorry to hear you are struggling.

Alcoholics are the best people in the world!!!!!

samantha14 06-01-2016 06:54 PM

It was my Fitbit that I would check first thing in the morning after a night of drinking.....to see what time I passed out at....often was a clue if I did anything embarrassing :headbange

KiKi0615 06-01-2016 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 5979542)
I have decided that I will not be going to therapy anymore for right now. I need some time to focus all my attention on my sobriety first........

I think this is a GREAT decision Sam! I took a break from therapy too until I am stronger and have solid sobriety time under my belt. Therapy triggers way to much!

clearlyheaded 06-01-2016 07:04 PM

I haven't worn my Fitbit since surgery because I can't put the darn thing on!! We should share user names through PM and do March 16 challenges! I personally can't wait to get back to swimming. When I didn't have any physical limitations, I couldn't get motivated (likely due to drinking!). Now that I physically can't I want to jump in the pool so badly! I have also lost 15 lbs. since joining in March, so that is motivation to get active once I'm cleared to start getting my arm/shoulder back in shape. One more week until I am free of the sling! I've been weaning off of it the past week, but still need it the majority of the time.

KiKi0615 06-01-2016 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by immri (Post 5979517)
Ok back from walking the dog, sorry for the typos I was being pushed out the door by the dog and typing on my phone I woke up in the middle of the night feeling ill so I think I'm going to try eating healthier again, see if that helps. I was feeling really sorry for myself this morning, headache and pms (sorry guys) are mainly to blame, but I was annoyed thinking how I wasted years of my life and put up with abuse and had no ambition or goals ugh. I wish I knew my home and relationship and school life weren't normal and all of things could be so much better. Oh well, when I knew better I did better, so they say.

I hope you are feeling better immri! I completely relate to how you feel about wasted years but you know what? We don't have to answer another second!!! :-)

Bobbieka 06-01-2016 07:05 PM

You guys are my favorite people. Seriously. I still have that "March AA Meeting" in my head. Today I got a little sidetracked. I'll try and finish it tomorrow. I think it's funny. Kind of pokes fun at all of us.