SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2015 Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/372100-class-may-2015-part-7-a.html)

Odisnow 07-24-2015 04:28 PM

Pixie you couldn't be more right about how amazing it is to remember everything. No fog here!!! :)

KaleGrrl 07-24-2015 04:30 PM

Everyone sounds great--keep it up. Allie, hope you are doing well. I'm not able to keep up as much as I'd like due to company, etc, but wishing all well! Hope everyone has a good Friday night and Saturday tomorrow!
Thanks for your encouragement all!

Dee74 07-24-2015 05:01 PM

Have a great sober weekend gang :)

D

CaseyW 07-24-2015 09:22 PM

Ending day 78. Nice lazy day around the house. Work was kinda blah. Too many people working tonight. It was hard to move around. I mean, it was all OK but wasn't anything great. I was dropping off a glass of wine at one table and got a good whiff of the odor as I passed it along. I won't lie--it smelt pretty good. Not that it made me crave a drink or anything but I'd have been a lot happier if the smell had turned my stomach, I think.

Anyways, I'm doing fine. Going to do my nightly journal writing and then crash. Think I'm going to try and get up in time to go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow. Never been to the one here before. Used to live a couple of blocks away from a big one in Austin. I miss that Saturday morning routine.

nmd 07-25-2015 03:17 AM

Well, I didn't post last night for a reason, sorry guys. Dinner out with some family. Two beers. I didn't plan to drink, but I gave in. It made me tired more than anything. I think shame and worrying about family knowing I can't drink didn't help.

My next week is basically in a dry location (scout camp) so that will give me time to think.

Allie, you still there?

Odisnow 07-25-2015 04:17 AM

Nmd I'm very sorry to hear :( don't let it get you too down that it becomes more. Just because 2 beers didn't cause any problems for you this time doesn't mean they won't down the road. I only say this because that's my justification to keep drinking and trying to moderate when I've done this in the past. I ruined 9 months of sobriety and turned a couple drinks during New Years into 7 months of drinking. It took a couple months for it to go back to being an issue for me but it caught up to me like it always does, which is why I'm here today. I really don't want to see this happen to you!! That mistake can be a lesson to learn from. Plan a way to turn it down next time maybe? Keep moving forward, never backwards....that's what I keep telling myself

Surrender2win 07-25-2015 05:25 AM

Nmd, sorry to hear you drank, but good job on coming right back and posting. Family and drinking gets tough sometimes, especially when you think about never drinking again... We can't think like that. Just remember to keep it for today and don't think about tomorrow -- one day at a time. Hopefully, this next week in a dry location will be good for you. I wish you the best. :)

Casey, you're doing great. I'm 10 days behind you and feeling pretty good myself. Farmer's markets are a good thing. We have a "City Market" every Friday night all summer that has just about everything you could imagine. My zucchini are starting to come in like crazy in my garden too. Good stuff.

Gina & Site, same here with the "morning drinking." On my days off, I would start to watch the clock around 11:00 a.m. and constantly think about it... Glad I don't do that anymore.

Gina.. Legal field? Me too. I'm not an attorney, but I've been a paralegal for 30 years... Ugh, time for me to retire. ;)

Hi Rufftime! Awesome job on 56 days. :)

Hope everyone has a great Saturday... busy for me today. Wedding shower for my niece. Big drinkers there too. Probably serving wine, but I'll be ok. Water or diet coke for me please. :)

Dee74 07-25-2015 05:46 AM

The way to success is a really solid recovery plan nmd - honestly.

Think about that next week - what are you prepared to do to stay sober?
:dunno:

D

sagittarius714 07-25-2015 06:55 AM

Good morning all! Well, I am awake way to early today. I've already got errands, laundry, and cleaning up the kitchen done and I have no idea what to do until it is time for work, which isn't for 5 more hours! Maybe a nap.....

Anyway, Casey - music is great. I used to love to put on records, yes I have records and a stereo, and drink beer and listen to old stuff and just be all sappy and probably stupid, lol.. That was years ago, then I sat on the couch and didn't move until bed. Trying to get myself going again, doing stuff. A little at a time I suppose.

Congrats to everyone who is doing so great! Hope you all have a great Saturday. :)

KaleGrrl 07-25-2015 07:03 AM

Hi, all, am feeling stressed today. Company's leaving late tomorrow, will be getting more soon, school starting up, and a time consuming stressful family issue I have to deal with. Am grateful for what I have, though, and that seems to keep things in perspective.
All who posted today--doing great! Casey, I love farmer's markets, and can't wait until they open again in the fall. Nmd, good that you posted, keep hanging in there and thinking out a good plan for yourself while at scout camp would be perfect. For me ultimately, I just had to want sobriety so very much that my tools would actually work.
Wishing all a good Saturday!

CaseyW 07-25-2015 08:48 AM

Starting day 79. Quick note here as I slept in too late and need to get moving. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Saturday.

Odisnow 07-25-2015 10:31 AM

Hey everyone!! I hope everyone has an amazing day today. The next couple days are going to be super busy for me so I probably won't be checking in...lots of school work due tomorrow and working a double today. Woke up in a great mood though so I'm hoping that carries me through these long sleep deprived days I have coming up :)

Cissy 07-25-2015 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by KaleGrrl (Post 5481572)
Hi, all, am feeling stressed today. Company's leaving late tomorrow, will be getting more soon, school starting up, and a time consuming stressful family issue I have to deal with. Am grateful for what I have, though, and that seems to keep things in perspective.

Want to talk about it? We're all ears. Hang in there. :grouphug:

Have a great day, everyone! (((Hugs)))

AllieKat 07-25-2015 03:20 PM

Hi everybody! Yes I'm still here trying to figure myself out. Lol. I am listening intently to all of your thoughts and advice trying to get a plan together.
I am proud of you guys for the good work! Keep it up!

Dee74 07-25-2015 03:27 PM

I hope you'll make a decision soon Allie - it gets harder the more you leave it, trust me.

D

KaleGrrl 07-25-2015 03:30 PM

Hey, Cissy, nothing that's earth shaking. It would take a lot of explaining (boring) and I'm more inclined now to keep family problems private. I don't really need support for it.
I simply woke up grumbly. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)
Actually, today turned out to be fine. It's been raining a lot here, so we just shopped at the mall and had a laid back day.
Tomorrow will be more fun--nice restaurant and antiquing or a movie (and maybe more rain!)
Hope you're doing well. :)

Surrender2win 07-25-2015 03:41 PM

Glad to see you're feeling better now Kale. I wake up grumbly sometimes too. Not a big deal. Have fun tomorrow. Sounds like a fun day. My niece's wedding shower was fun and alcohol free, so it turned out very nice for me. Glad to be home now... younger crowd went on to her bachelorette party: Dinner out, comedy club, and then more clubbing... I wouldn't be up for that anyway.

Have a great night everybody! :)

KaleGrrl 07-25-2015 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by AllieKat (Post 5482094)
Hi everybody! Yes I'm still here trying to figure myself out. Lol. I am listening intently to all of your thoughts and advice trying to get a plan together.
I am proud of you guys for the good work! Keep it up!

Hi, Allie, it helps me to write things down or at least copy/paste on a Word doc.
I have had to write why I wanted to stop drinking. It's not just for my own sake but also for my children (though adults, I'm still their mother and continue to need to be a good role model for them--you'll understand when your daughter grows up) and for my grandbaby. Once I knew for sure that I had to completely stop, then the tools I had copied/pasted in my file or phone were used more successfully because the determination to be sober was more iron clad.

KaleGrrl 07-25-2015 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Surrender2win (Post 5482118)
Glad to see you're feeling better now Kale. I wake up grumbly sometimes too. Not a big deal. Have fun tomorrow. Sounds like a fun day. My niece's wedding shower was fun and alcohol free, so it turned out very nice for me. Glad to be home now... younger crowd went on to her bachelorette party: Dinner out, comedy club, and then more clubbing... I wouldn't be up for that anyway.

Have a great night everybody! :)

Sounds like you had a nice day, too, Surrender. Wishing all a good night, too.

KaleGrrl 07-26-2015 04:34 AM

Rain or shine, wishing all Mayflowers a fabulous sober Sunday! :abcf::ham4