SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2015 Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/372100-class-may-2015-part-7-a.html)

Anna 07-22-2015 09:59 AM

Class of May 2015 Part 7

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

Ginamarie323 07-22-2015 10:39 AM

Just wanted to be the first to post on new thread :)

AllieKat 07-22-2015 10:42 AM

I'll be 2nd :-)

site1Q84 07-22-2015 12:03 PM

Thanks Anna!

New thread, woohoo!

Allie, I know it won't fix the problem, I was just thinking it may give you tools to make the situation easier to deal with.
Maybe you could try an in-patient program to get you started? 30 days away to get your head straight sounds like it could be beneficial!

AllieKat 07-22-2015 12:06 PM

I would love to do that. It sounds like a vacation to me. :-) but I can't do it with work.

Odisnow 07-22-2015 12:22 PM

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm planning on posting at least once before I go to sleep to let you all know I made it through the night sober. If I'm struggling I will most definitely be here more so I don't slip up. Got to do it right this time!!

sagittarius714 07-22-2015 01:00 PM

Hi guys!

Just wanted to say hi to our newest members!

I am so happy that each day I get to start fresh, new. The last few days, I have been extremely irritable, and I'm not sure if its just that time of the month (sorry guys) or something else, but I work with the public and it was getting really difficult to be nice to people when I was feeling so cranky. I mean, I'm used to a certain level of crankiness that I deal with, but this felt really extreme, and I think I was a little rude with a customer on the phone, but I didn't intend to be, but it was after i spoke that I realized how it sounded and I'm hoping that when I go back to work tomorrow, that nobody made a complaint. Well, guess I was just wondering if anybody else felt extreme crankiness, or if its just my hormones going off the deep end?

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day!

PixieD 07-22-2015 01:06 PM

Ohhh sagittarius714 I snorted laughing so hard at your post! I've been Ms.crankiepants all week. I too shall blame it on hormones this week! Ahhh ha ha..looking back on my drinking binges & this particular time of the month was when i did my best drinking. 66 days into it & i can't feed my "hormonal crankieness" with a bottle of wine so Dr.Pepper , chocolate cake & Fritos have been saving me! Ohhh bless those junkie cravings. ;) anyways, you're not alone this week.. Have a great evening :herewego

AllieKat 07-22-2015 01:12 PM

Plain Fritos or chili cheese?
I'm pretty PMS-y this week too. Lol.
Has anyone heard from Casey? Don't mention details...just worried and wondering if he's ok.

AllieKat 07-22-2015 01:14 PM

He really shut off his pm's. That's my fault. I feel terrible.

sagittarius714 07-22-2015 01:15 PM

Hey - thanks.!! Glad I'm not alone. I think I"ve eaten enough cupcakes in the last few days for about 5 people..

:)

nmd 07-22-2015 01:32 PM

I've been a bit cranky, but I'm cutting back on caffeine (and I'm a guy, so probably not PMS, lol).

Had a weird night, tossed and turned with lower back pain. Later in the night it turned into a headache. Once I had a cup of coffee this morning, it was all gone. After researching it a bit, I guess lower back pain from caffeine withdrawal is a thing. I had no idea. Looking at my posts I started tapering caffeine July 13, worked myself down from 50-100 oz (10+ cups a day) to maybe 16oz (two regular cups or a large cup) It might have been a too fast, but I feel good enough now to tolerate it. I still have a little soreness in my lower back and have been drowsy, but that should fade in a day or so. The lower back thing kind of makes we want to kick caffeine altogether.

No major AV activity to speak of. He's a sneaky little fella, probably hiding out waiting.

CaseyW 07-22-2015 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by AllieKat (Post 5477583)
He really shut off his pm's. That's my fault. I feel terrible.

You did absolutely nothing wrong. I just need a little break from this thread, need to make myself realize I'm not the center of attention here. I'm fine and still actively participating here on SR, and I'm sure I'll be back posting in this thread soon enough. Wishing everyone the best today...

PixieD 07-22-2015 02:10 PM

Ladies...the Frito Flavour twists..shaped like Fusilli pasta..the honey bbq flavour, Ohhhh yum! I keep them in the fridge, love cold snacks..always so much crunchier. I'm on a sweet/savoury binge right now..You will all come to learn that when it comes to food i love to treat myself. I believe in satisfying all food cravings. ;)
@nmd Men pms as well! Lol lol I'm an espresso drinker. Every morning for as long as i can remember. Coffee & good food, junk food are something i have no desire to give up. My guilty pleasures!
Only thing i'm having a problem with is i used to cook with wine or liquors in my baking. It was suggested to me that maybe i wasn't ready to attempt that yet. The whole marinating ribs w/whiskey. Anyone else big cooks/bakers & still use alcohol in the kitchen? Would love to hear your experience. :herewego

Jimuk 07-22-2015 02:13 PM

Read Allen Cars "No More Hangovers" its an interesting read if you haven't read it.

AllieKat 07-22-2015 05:06 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Casey. I was worried.

KaleGrrl 07-22-2015 05:34 PM

Hey everyone (so glad to see your posts, Allie--missed you!).
Today, I was at the most boring school system-based all-day workshop on earth, Ugh!! But at least I get component points towards my continued certification.
Tomorrow, it's another all-day workshop followed by out-of-state company (something that happens a lot when you live in FL!), so will try to touch base whenever I can.
Allie, hope you find the help you need! I've actually been thinking of going to AA myself, the hell-with-it if anyone recognizes me. I just think I need some face to face time with people. This is precipitated with some new family problems that have cropped up. If you decide to try AA, I'll do the same. Let me know and we can share our experiences, OK?
Wishing all a good sober night and lovely tomorrow!

Ginamarie323 07-22-2015 05:48 PM

Why must you all talk of food now? I'm going to have to order something and I blame you all! I've been on a kick lately of eating ice cream Drumsticks. It has got to stop. I've had 3 already today. And yes, Sagi, I get extremely irritable and bitchy sometimes....like last night, when I had a long, irritating deposition all flipping day.

Hope everyone is doing well! Going to see what strikes my fancy in the way of food:)

Dee74 07-22-2015 05:52 PM

I can't think of many posters less concerned with attention than you Casey - just sayin' :)

D

AllieKat 07-22-2015 06:24 PM

Kale I am working up the courage...

KaleGrrl 07-22-2015 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by AllieKat (Post 5477997)
Kale I am working up the courage...

Allie, when you're ready, I'm totally with you. I'll join an
AA group in my community. It's hard, because I don't want to be recognized, but I'll do that, for myself and with you. :grouphug:

nmd 07-22-2015 06:59 PM

Glad your are back and figuring out a plan allie

Heading off to bed, g'night all

KaleGrrl 07-22-2015 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by nmd (Post 5478053)
Glad your are back and figuring out a plan allie

Heading off to bed, g'night all

Wishing you a lovely sleep, my friend. :)

CaseyW 07-22-2015 08:13 PM

Rough day today. I need this class too. Not going to go into details as I've already sorta done that elsewhere. Anyways, grateful to be going to bed early tonight as day 76 comes to an end. Thanks to everyone who checked in on me the last few days and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Cissy 07-22-2015 08:36 PM

Wishing each of us a wonderful night's sleep or a lovely day (depending on where you are in the world.) God bless us all and may we get closer to our goals and learn to see ourselves in a much more positive light. We're all good eggs. Not a bad one in the bunch.

(((((Hugs)))))

Dharma33 07-22-2015 09:16 PM

Hi, Class-

Just checking in. Since it is after midnight, I believe this puts me at 70 days.

Welcome back, Odisnow! I tried moderating, for not sure how many years - found out that complete abstinence is the only way for me. It does get better every day.

Have a great sober day/night everyone!

Odisnow 07-22-2015 09:22 PM

Hey guys! The party is winding down just waiting for everyone to leave and guess what??? I'm sober :) I took a lot of crap for not drinking pretty much the whole night but I stayed strong and honestly wasn't even tempted. If anything this made me even happier about not drinking. Drunk people are pretty obnoxious and messy! I think this may have opened my eyes to some issues within my relationship with my boyfriend but that's for me to figure out later. Right now I'm just happy to be sober :)

Surrender2win 07-23-2015 04:21 AM

Way to go Odisnow!! Drunk people are very obnoxious and messy... pretty funny to watch too. Makes me VERY happy that I'm sober now. I took some crap last night too from my AH that is feverishly planning a party at our house over the Labor Day holiday. Lots of drunk friends/family members at my place. Can't wait. :(

Great job on staying sober! :)

Surrender2win 07-23-2015 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by KaleGrrl (Post 5478004)
Allie, when you're ready, I'm totally with you. I'll join an
AA group in my community. It's hard, because I don't want to be recognized, but I'll do that, for myself and with you. :grouphug:

Kale & Allie: I'll join you two with an AA meeting in my community too! :grouphug:

site1Q84 07-23-2015 05:13 AM

I think a lot of the crankiness comes from not having that stress relief of drinking. That used to be my method to wind down every day, and now I have to find news ways to let go of that stress.