SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/309755-moms-mums-club-2013-part-6-a.html)

Dollyangel17 10-11-2013 03:31 PM

You are stronger than this Lady...don't forget that! We are here for you.

At the mall now...Gymboree is having a 16.99 and under on entire store!!!!!! Only bought 1 outfit...this will power is extending to my shopping too...yay!

Dollyangel17 10-12-2013 08:02 AM

Hi ladies..

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday so far.

Lady...how are things?

Heading to swim lessons soon, then baking some peanut butter cup cookies, and then getting some gym time in for me. Finally gonna make dinner after hubby goes to work and hang with my girl:-)

Check back later all'

Ladybug2 10-12-2013 09:13 AM

Hi Dolly! I am doing better today, thanks :) On to Day 72, thanks to you all! Peanut butter cup cookies sound yummy! My daughter and I Halloween sugar cookies last night. My daughter ate most of the icing

Ladybug2 10-12-2013 09:16 AM

Oops, sorry, am on my phone (hate it). Anyway, hardly any icing made it to the actual cookies :) It was fun and kept my mind off of things.

We are taking my daughter on a Halloween train ride this afternoon (she loves trains).

Hope everyone is doing well :)

JustSarah 10-12-2013 01:04 PM

Hey mums so day 2 and doing ok - had a wonderful day with my family and folks and no longer feel like sh*T so yay me - slept for 10 hours straight last night which defo helped and now watching a movie in bed with the hubby - hope everyone's having a fab weekend xxxxx

Bebetter 10-12-2013 04:16 PM

Hey all,
I worked today, and tomorrow, we're going apple picking. I'm feeling pretty normal all the time, but tonight, I just got this massive feeling of "Aw, F-it. Why am I trying so hard? I love to drink, and I want to drink. Life is too short to have to give up the things you want to do." I think part of it is because it seems like a lot of people around me have really big **** going on... my best work colleague is waiting on test results about possible pancreatic cancer - she's only in her mid 50s... My other coworker told me today that her (42 year old) husband is on chemo for multiple myeloma... At girl's night the other night, one of the gals my age told me that on Tuesday, her husband is heading in to have brain surgery on a tumor, and also told me about their daughter's epilepsy. All this stuff together, plus Lady's appointments, just makes me feel like no one escapes this ****, and I start to feel hopelessly scared about the future, and don't think it should have to be this hard. I don't live vicariously through other people's problems, but I have heightened sensitivity, I think, because of my family's history with my husband's cancer and losing my son.

Anyway, I realize the "life is short" explanation could go two ways: life is short, why be trashed for it. OR, life is short, live it up... and my sense of living it up still includes drinking what I want, when I want. It was/is a scary powerful feeling. Not like any other I've had. Usually it's "Oh, you've had a hard day - have a drink!" or "Ugh! I feel so socially awkward at this party - would love a glass of wine!" My AV is not usually as epic as to play my whole miserable life's story from the past to my death in front of my eyes and then say "Life is short, seize the bottle."

I'm not going to drink tonight.

Dollyangel17 10-12-2013 05:28 PM

Hi moms...

Sarah...glad you are feeling better.

Lady...sounds like you had a nice night last night, a day today. Glad for you!!!!

Bebetter....great job fighting that AV! I have those arguments with myself too. "Life is too short!"..."I wasn't THAT bad anyway"...I should be able to have a drink right. Then magically, something triggers a memory that reminds me how bad I was, and that it would only have gotten worse.

So I tell myself, yes...life is short, so no need to make it even shorter.

Just getting ready to tuck my girl in, so check back soon.

Ladybug2 10-12-2013 05:53 PM

Thanks for sharing those thoughts, BeBetter. I have been struggling with same line of thinking lately. I guess Dolly is right - life is short and if we drink the way we used to drink life will most likely be much shorter. We just have to remember that we didn't drink socially or even moderately, we drank heavily (or at least I did) and it was just a matter of time before it all caught up with us.

Had a nice and busy day, but having a bit if a hard time tonight. Feeling cranky, anxious and pessimistic about everything. I am also PMSing so that isn't helping. I know I am driving my husband crazy, but I can't help it and I don't care.

Anyway, maybe I will just eat some cookies and ice cream and try to go to bed?

Hope you all are doing well :)

Babs78756 10-12-2013 06:31 PM

Hi Moms -

Saturday night and a bit of cabin fever - we've been in the house most of the day, watching football and what seemed like a good idea this morning, is making a little stir crazy. Wouldn't you know t - when we want to make a run to the market to get out of the house, the baby is finally asleep. So, all the laundry is done, sheets are washed, trash is out, plants are watered, house is cleaned and its only 8:30. We have friends coming over for brunch and I want my H to go to the store so we aren't rushing in the morning and I know if I go in there and ask "When are you going to the store," he's going to get annoyed. So, I'm trying not to be anxious...but I am.

Anyway, I've been reading all the posts today and I wondered if any of you have tried taking Vitamin B? Vitamin has done wonders for my mental state overall. It works for some people and maybe not so much for others. I should take it more it works so well. I haven't had my period in 8 years (thank you IUD, pregnancy and new IUD), so I don't PMS, if I did I'm sure I'd be more diligent with the vitamin B. Anyway, just thought I'd offer that as a helpful solution. My Mom is putting together a new base for my vitamin regimen, so its top of mind....

Guess I'll go online and look to see if there's anything we need... heh. heh. heh. I've got gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.

Dollyangel17 10-12-2013 06:41 PM

Hi Babs...sounds like a productive day! I love brunch!!!!! Oh, I wish every holiday could be celebrated with brunch. Now I am craving eggs Benedict:-)

JustSarah 10-12-2013 11:58 PM

Oh I love eggs Benedict Dolly! The best version I've ever had was in Mandalay bay LV - I could actually murder a plate now as it's 8am :) instead it's toast in bed with my boys - got a cold and were all just chilling. Such a lovely way to start the day :)

Anyways - catch u all later cxxxxxx

sunnyc5 10-13-2013 02:34 AM

Lady Bug praying hard for you!!!! Sarah I did the same last night. we had a really wonderful night /day away we even went for a run together and then used the pool sauna etc in the spa. we got back at five pm and H took the kids with him to walk the dogs... I was feeling so bloody good like I had sweated all the toxins out and had a really good rest.... then that old voice told me I could nip out and buy a bottle of wine and have a few glasses while they were out and a couple in the bath.... having not drunk it hit me and I ended up going to bed at 8pm with kids...H really upset... I am really upset and back to day one...when am I ever ghoing to get this...feel like the dunce of the class and planning AA meeting today...do I fess up.... they must be getting fed up with me...I know I am

Ladybug2 10-13-2013 05:18 AM

Hi sunny, sorry you are struggling. You will get this right as long as you keep coming right back and trying. Lately, when I have been having urges I force myself to tell my husband and I come to SR. In the past, when I kept slipping I did neither of those things. I would definitely fess up to your AA friends. Your honesty will be appreciated and they are there to help, just like we are :) You are not the dunce of the class and no one is fed up with you - we have all been there. Keep posting!

Babs78756 10-13-2013 08:21 AM

Sunnyc - what happened last night? Again, theres a difference between having a glass of wine and getting blacked out... Maybe others disagree. Are you saying you're not sure if you want to tell H or your AA friends? I wholly believe that you take the power out of the problem when you talk about it. I have started to say the things that "we're not supposed to say." It's hard but it gets easier as you do it AND the relief is a whole new level of positive feelings.

We are here for you. You're not alone. You are safe to say the icky things you aren't supposed to say here...

sunnyc5 10-13-2013 10:45 AM

thanks girls for your support...went to AA didn'y fess up as such but said I was really struggling with the urges ..just been for a run now a long bath!!!!!!!!!!

Dollyangel17 10-13-2013 04:07 PM

Hi girls..

Good day here, baked cookies, went to the gym, then to my moms house for lamb dinner. Home now getting ready to send my daughter to bed. Hubby is home tonight so he will do tuck in and give me a break.

Sunny....sorry you had a rough time last night. I agree...it might feel better to tell your AA friends too. I'm thinking they are all in the same boat and will understand. We are here for you. You can (and this goes for all my mom friends here) PM me anytime you are struggling.

Day off for me tomorrow...thank you Christopher Columbus:-)

Check back later when it's my tea time:-)

Bebetter 10-13-2013 04:51 PM

Sunny - I'm so sorry you feel you are struggling. I'm glad you're back at it today. I think the only thing really keeping me sober right now is not wanting to fail - it's not actually me wanting to be sober. That's not going to be enough in the long run, and I completely understand your slips.... Glad you got out for a run today.

GotGrace 10-13-2013 07:23 PM

Sunny, I am sorry. But you have learned so much and come at it so much better equipped now. We know you can get back on the beam. Keep checking in with us,ok?

Babs, you put my feelings into words when you wrote about not wanting to fail vs wanting to be sober. I seem to always start the day feeling the latter, but slide to the former as the day wears on. Sometimes I think I need to really tie one on and have the hangover again to remind myself why I need to be alcohol free. Stupid logic, I know, but there it is.

So all this talk of having colds has rubbed off on me and I am sick. Feel like I have been hit by a Mack truck. Off to bed. Goodnight mommies!

sunnyc5 10-14-2013 12:33 AM

okay so day 2 for me planning a run washing aa meeting and lunchg with friend...then pick ups and parent /teacher meetings.....no time to drink! I totally get the staying sober v not failing thing I just need to play out in my mind every time an urge hits that I wont stop till bed time.....uggghhhhh I have this thing it is soooooo insidious and I am sooooo strong in other aspects of my life!

Bebetter 10-14-2013 03:38 AM

Good morning everyone.
School's off for hubby and daughter, and I signed them up for a Halloween party at the Y before checking my calendar and I have my annual today, so hubby is going to take them. I wouldn't have minded going, but I think it's great for him to do these events with them too.

Nothing new going on. I woke up with the baby(? I know, she's not really a baby anymore!) at 5:15, and fell into a half state of sleep for an hour, thinking of Christmas presents for my husband's side of the family. They are impossible to shop for, mainly because they are wealthy and we are not, and they have everything they need. I've done the picture book thing, the picture mug thing.... what else to do.... I always want to push that task on hubby, but I know it's just as painful for him, and has much less free thinking time than me, being at work all day. Blah. tis the season?