SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/309755-moms-mums-club-2013-part-6-a.html)

new star 01-25-2014 01:08 PM

We have my sister in law coming over today for Australia Day, no temptation to drink seeing as she doesn't drink. Gee I'm jealous of those who don't even like drinking!! I went out with sister in law once and got so drunk I fell over and couldn't get up, was vomiting everywhere etc. I'm still embarrassed about that! But I guess we all have our moments.

Dollyangel17 01-25-2014 04:41 PM

Evening moms...

Busy day here with cleaning, cooking and a birthday party at Build A Bear....just unwinding now with a coffee.

Lady...same issues with our daughter sleeping on her own, or lack thereof! Up til she was 2 she slept in her crib, and went to bed like a dream! Then came a trip to visit the in laws in Ireland, and all three of us were in the same room. That was the end there! Ever since, and she is now 7, she mostly sleeps with me:-(

I keep telling her, no way she is still in my bed when she starts wearing a bra!

Bebetter 01-25-2014 05:35 PM

Newstar - It's so cold here, I'd wish for 35 degrees Fahrenheit right now. We are at (I did the conversion online) like -12C right now. Argh!!! We get maybe 1 or 2 really hot weeks every year, and recently, it's always the third week in July. I remember that because that's my daughter's birthday and it's always unbearably hot. But I live in on the northern east coast of the US and it doesn't get super hot here like it does for you guys (or for the southern US).

new star 01-26-2014 12:52 AM

Wow Bebetter -12!!!! Omg!! I've never experienced such cold weather before. Where do you live?? Funny how you get hot weather in July, here it will be in the middle of winter.

new star 01-26-2014 12:53 AM

Hi dolly sounds like a nice day, love build a bear.

It's nearly 8pm here and just watching a movie. Hope everyone is well. Sarah, how are you going?

JustSarah 01-26-2014 02:15 AM

OMG -12!! Last winter we got -5 and that was the worst I think we've ever had - everywhere was white with frost - so pretty but so freakin cold!! Our summer time is supposed to be may - sept but temps can be anywhere between 17-29 degrees - it normally sits around 18-21 with rain ;) . The good old British weather is just one reason we're emigrating - it'll be wierd going from the Northern to Southern Hemisphere - my jan bday will be in the sun for the first time ever next yr - so strange :)

I'm ok today I guess - got a really foggy head but don't know what is from my cold / lack of alcohol or the mother if all periods! Feel totally in the wars but on day 5 and feeling ok I guess. Its tipping it down so in just sorting the ironing out while the boys chill in the lounge - still feeling a bit delicate mentally and can't quit look myself in the eye just yet but I'm sure I'll get there

How was Ozzie day Newstar? Was your sis in law ok? Have a nice day?

Oooh Dolly that does sound like a nice day too!

Anyone up to anything nice today? And how are you doing bebetter ? Feeling any better ?

Xx

Dollyangel17 01-26-2014 07:43 AM

Hi there...

Sunday morning and not doing much. Just the usual Sunday chores...laundry, grocery shopping etc.

I am actually going to visit a friend of mine who bar tends at the bar I used to hang out at. Haven't seen her in a while so figured I would stop in. No worries of being tempted...I have been there a few times since I got sober, and never felt the urge. Again, funny how any time cravings hit...it's not at "expected" times with me (being at bars, parties etc.)

Anyway, tonight I am getting a treat by going out to dinner to my favorite Italian place. My parents are taking me and hubby out, and I am excited for a kid free/crayon free restaurant:-)

Hope everyone is doing good!

SoberLife2014 01-26-2014 08:40 AM

Hi everyone! Sorry for all of you in the cold! I used to live in a cold area where it'd get below zero but now I live in an area where it gets as low as 30F. I miss skiing and the snow but I don't miss the cold!!! Too many nights working as an EMT where I'd have to be up all night with people wrecking their cars in blizzards.

I hope you're starting to feel better Sarah. Maybe some tea and a hot bath would help. Are you still having night sweats? I used to get those a lot too. They go away after a week or so. I also found that some eucalyptus helped me feel a little better with that foggy feeling.

I'm finally going to an AA meeting today. It has been too long since I've been to one. It's easy for me to not be tempted on the weekends when I'm not alone so sometimes I don't think I need a meeting. Then the weekdays roll around and I find myself alone and that's when I start to get cravings. I try to stay busy to keep my mind off it. I've been working out and eating right so I feel so much better. I think my hubby is starting to see the woman he fell in love with again.

JustSarah 01-26-2014 09:17 AM

Oh Dolly - I am sooo jealous of your meal out - me n my hubby haven't been out without kids for ages - we're saving every penny we can for our move

Hi Zelda - that's where I want to get to - I want my hubby to see the gal he fell in love with too - not this moody mess - good for you :) and yup still getting the sweats but not as bad last night. Just massive brain fog today

Hope you're all coolio :) xxxx

JustSarah 01-26-2014 01:07 PM

Just started watching sons of anarchy with my hubby - a nice quiet / chilled couple if hours on the couch :). Still feel like there's a huge freakin elephant in the room but trying my best and just hope that's enough for now

Going night mums - off to watch an old movie in bed - back to work tomorrow for a break ;) xx

new star 01-26-2014 02:30 PM

How's your foggy head Sarah? Any sightings of the neighbours? Lol! Sounds like a nice evening for you!

Dolly wow dinner sounds lovely! Lucky thing! Like Sarah, haven't been out on a date with hubby and no kids for a long time. Have a wonderful time.

Zelda how do you find AA meetings? I don't think I would go to one! Are they good? Yes I am loving feeling like myself again. Can't say that woman hubby fell in love with coz that was 13 years ago and I was still drinking back then :/

new star 01-26-2014 02:35 PM

Oz day was good, a bit crazy in the heat with kids running wild but it was good. Didn't even think of drinking. Today is a public holiday, so going to get some things organised, I'm starting work for the year tomorrow and my 5 year old starts off at school on Thursday. Need to cook up some stuff to freeze for school lunches..

JustSarah 01-26-2014 02:41 PM

Can't seem to settle tonight so chilling with meet the fockers on telly :) still neighbour dodging - day 5 v nearly done - you'll be the first to know when I doo see them ;). We'll be out of here in 4 weeks so that's my aim - dodge them until then ! Although I'm kinda getting to the point where I think oh feck it - nobody's perfect butt out - I doubt I'll be that brave when my time comes though ;)

Oh some heat would be lovely I am well jeal newstar! It peed it down all day today again - so so bored of the constant rain now

Have a fab day prepping for work / school and say hello to that bright yellow thing in the sky for me ;)

new star 01-26-2014 03:35 PM

Id be saying eff it about the neighbours! 4 weeks will go fast! How wil you get all your stuff to a different country? Or do you have to sell and start over?

Dollyangel17 01-26-2014 05:41 PM

Hi ladies,

Well back from my dinner out and I am stuffed! i can tell you this..I completely tested the engineering and design of my Spanx pantyhose, and it definitely passed the test! Not sure if my internal organs held up as well, but oh well. One thing is for sure...if these things could still hold me after the fettuccine Alfredo I ate, they can hold the space shuttle together:-)

Sarah, I agree with New Star...the heck with the neighbors!:-)

Bebetter...hope you are doing okay hon!

Lady...hope your weekend is going good too!

Well time for some nice cinnamon tea to settle my full tummy...have a great Monday all!

Dee74 01-26-2014 05:43 PM

time for a new thread - join us here :)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-7-a.html

D