SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/309755-moms-mums-club-2013-part-6-a.html)

Ladybug2 10-08-2013 06:28 PM

My new addiction (besides chocolate & ice cream) is these Vanilla Cupcake Goldfish Grahams! They are so little and before you know it the whole bag is gone :(

Bebetter 10-09-2013 03:46 AM

Were you seriously at the zoo Lady?? So was I!!!! I bet I saw you there! :) It was such a beautiful day, it was like the thought just appeared in my head out of the blue go to the zoo. We were there from like 2-4, and I just have to wonder if you were one of the two women with kids feeding goats while we were feeding goats. (I was being a camara-happy momma).

How funny....

JustSarah 10-09-2013 06:23 AM

Glad to hear you're ok Joygirl :)

Feeling a bit quiet today - had another mental morning - just picking up 3yr old from school - more busy days ahead - hope everyone's well xxxxxxxx

Ladybug2 10-09-2013 06:30 AM

OMG BeBetter!!! Yes, I was there from 2-3 with my daughter, a friend and her son and yes, we were feeding goats!! You must have been the mom with the 2 little girls with hats on?? I yremember because I was thinking how cute the little girls were and how the older one had reddish hair like my daughter?!! Was that you? I was the one in the pink top and jeans with blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail. My friend is 26 weeks pregnant with twins so I was the "smaller" of the 2, lol. So funny!! I can't believe we were there at the same time.

Babs78756 10-09-2013 06:49 AM

GOod Morning Moms!

HOw is everyone today? WEdnesday and we are getting closer to the weekend. I'm so looking forward to no babysitters, nowhere to be and nothing to do. Husband hasn't traveled this week, so that's been good. I'm not sure what his schedule is going to be like in the coming weeks but I am a little bit nervous. There's that vice in my head that wants me to be sneaky, to test my boundaries, to test the limits of how much he loves me or something. It's so dysfunctional. He's really stepped up and started taking the baby to day care everyday and last night I was working out with my trainer and he made dinner and watched the baby while I finished up. I think he's finally starting to get it after a big blow out this weekend but we'll see. I do wish for the day when he can't hurl thing at me like 'I have a partner I can't trust,' and 'I've watched you hurt our daughter.' To clarify, I never hurt our daughter rather I was totally drunk and was home with her on the last binge.

I guess we just keep putting one foot in front of the other? It's tiring some days... really tiring. I'm so tired of having the same thoughts, like motorcycles in the cage going around and around in my head...

Bebetter 10-09-2013 07:29 AM

Lady - Yes! That was me - and my youngest tried to hand your daughter a piece of goat food!! What a SMALL world!! What's really interesting to me is that it makes me wonder how many other moms I see, looking all together as we look, doing the "mom" thing with our kids, are hanging out on forums like this... :) So funny that we ran into each other and didn't even know it!

GotGrace 10-09-2013 12:49 PM

Ladybug and Bebetter, I love it!!! How cool is that? Oh, I just love it when stuff like that happens!

Dollyangel17 10-09-2013 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Evening Moms!

Busy day...finished my craft with only 2 glue gun blisters, not bad:-). My daughter loves kitty's, so she will flip when she sees this!

When I was drinking, no way I would have done something like this!

Bebetter 10-09-2013 06:27 PM

Dolly - that looks awesome!! What a cute idea! I can't wait to hear your daughter's reaction tomorrow.

Ladybug2 10-09-2013 06:47 PM

So, so cute, Dolly! Wish I were that creative and crafty :( How did you come up with the idea?

Dollyangel17 10-09-2013 06:56 PM

Thanks Bebetter and Lady! I found the idea in a magazine...can't take full credit:-). My daughter loves cats and loves decorating, so wanted to try it.

That is so funny you saw each other at the zoo and didn't know it. Seriously freaky (in a fun cool way)!!!!

Ladybug2 10-09-2013 06:58 PM

Hi ladies,

Another busy day today. Have to get up very early tomorrow, before daughter and hubby even wake up, to go get some bloodwork done. Hopefully, it's nothing to worry about. Had some bloodwork done on Monday by my OB to check some hormone levels. Well, came back that my prolactin level is really high so they are rechecking tomorrow (had to fast this time, ugh). Guess it could mean (probably worst case) that I have a tumor on pituitary gland? Who knows, just more to worry about!! Of course I worry that all my drinking could have caused it, etc. You all know that way of thinking, right? ;)

Anyway, off to bed now. Hope you are all doing well!

Dollyangel17 10-09-2013 07:02 PM

Sleep well Lady. Hope all turns out okay with the blood work. I am waiting on my own results as well.

Will say. Prayer yours comes back okay!

JustSarah 10-10-2013 03:52 AM

Lady and bebetter- that is so cool! It's brilliant

And wow Dolly - that's amazing!! Really fantastic :)

Am having a mad busy few days - all good though :) catch u properly soon xx

Bebetter 10-10-2013 04:23 AM

Lady - I have a friend who had that happen. She was suffering infertility, had blood work done and her prolactin was through the roof. She had an MRI (? I think) of her brain and had a pituitary tumor. Her fertility was treated with meds to lower her prolactin, and the tumor is in watch-and-wait, because it is assumed benign. I think most are benign, but cause hormone issues. They told her hers was there from a very young age, based on the way it looked (9 have no clue how they know that). But she was/is a heavy drinker too, so I don't know the role of alcohol... I hope you find answers quickly.

Ladybug2 10-10-2013 05:38 AM

Thanks Dolly and BeBetter. Yeah, the reason I had the bloodwork done was because we have been unsuccessfully trying to get pregnant for 9 months and was just curious if there was something "off" with hormones. I did read that most tumors are benign, but just the thought of having a tumor is scary! Anyway, will know the results of this last bloodwork tomorrow. Maybe they can give me drugs that would help us conceive and something good will come out of this? Trying to think positively, for once. :) Will let you know what I hear!

Rainy and cold day here, yuck. Good excuse to get some stuff done around the house. I'm thinking maybe we'll make some Halloween cookies after my daughter gets home from school? Of course I am thinking of things involving food rather than cleaning supplies ;)

Hope you all have a great day!

Babs78756 10-10-2013 06:41 AM

Good Morning Everyone -

Thursday! This has felt like the longest week ever! I think it was the traveling on Monday. No meetings today and hoping to get all those random and annoying tasks I haven't wanted to do, done. We'll see. There's also a chance I'll shop online.

Interviewing someone tomorrow to be a more regular babysitter. Having someone come in maybe one evening while my husband travels would be huge for me. It's always when my husband travels that I binge in secret. It's almost like I want to rebel against all of the responsibility. I just stay home, drink and let everything go, which only makes the pressure/responsibility worse. Anyway, I think having someone we can regularly call and maybe I can just run out to see a movie or get my nails done.... I hope she works out!

So, question. One of my very best friends is coming to stay with us in a few weeks. She's bringing her little one and I couldn't be more excited. However, we always drank together. Cutting out of work at lunch and having a few beers. We've both expressed concerns about our own drinking at times, mine much, much worse than hers and we've also shared in the eye rolling about people who don't drink. I know she loves me no matter what and I know we'll have a great time but I'm nervous about my own head and wanting to drink while she's here.... I hate that she's a trigger for me. Maybe I'm putting too much on it?? Any thoughts?

I'm so ready to sleep in!!! Hurry up Saturday!

GotGrace 10-10-2013 08:27 AM

Hi Ladies! Sounds like we are all busy, as usual! Hope all the health concerns get ironed out.
Babs, my best friend is a trigger, too. We used to live next door to one another, our kids were friends, and we just sat outside, watched them play, and drank. But she is able to control her drinking whereas I am not. Next weekend is her 50th birthday party in a pub in Chicago. I was really worried about it, but I decided to tell her everything. I knew she would support me, and she did. Now I don't have to worry about her offering me a drink, lying, or being tempted because she knows the truth. And if I drink in front of her, I know she will call me on it!
Good luck, however you decide to handle it. I have heard it said that the more people we tell the easier it gets. I am hoping that is true!
Have a lovely day, all! I get to go on a preschool field trip. Who is jealous? ;)

JustSarah 10-10-2013 08:39 AM

Good luck with the bloodwork ladybug - pinkeys crossed there is a quick easy fix

Babs it may be worth telling your friend when she comes down - it doesn't need to be a big deal - just a simple explanation. I did it with my mate and am no longer dreading her hen do in a couple of weeks time :)

I'm just chilling on the couch for an hour before I head out for a Thai meal with workmates tonight - it'll be good to get out on my tod but right now I just need some zzzz's thank goodness hubby is 'working from home' right now ;) xxxxxxx

Ladybug2 10-10-2013 10:52 AM

Quick questions for you Moms with toddlers - anyone go through the "terrible 3 1/2's" instead of the "terrible 2's"? :a108: