SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous Part 40 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/203379-whiners-anonymous-part-40-a.html)

Bamboozle 06-22-2010 07:05 PM

Yeah, she's still scared...but she starts meowing when she's left alone. I think she'll come around...she's so young...maybe 10 weeks?

OZboy 06-22-2010 07:33 PM

:c029:..what a cutie..

..only water to drink...NO milk..cats cannot have lactose..ok!!

:c011:..a great day in your life...Ozy..

least 06-22-2010 07:55 PM

Oh Bam she's BEEYOOTEEFUL!!! :) I love cats! Grew up with lots of cats and my kids grew up with lots of cats. She'll be such good company for you and a best friend too.:) Cats are very entertaining too. I used to have MANY cats and when people came over I'd give them all catnip and we'd be rolling on the floor laughing at their antics.

Maybe when she's more accustomed to you she'll sleep on your bed. Nothing like sleeping next to a cat with her motor running full blast.;) I love her already and have only seen her picture. Give her some time and maybe her name will just 'come to you'.

Quitting smoking is just as hard as quitting drinking for me....but i managed that too.
I've quit smoking before, a long time ago, and the difference between quitting smoking and quitting drinking is this: (to me, anyway) when I stop drinking I feel like I'm going to die. When I stop smoking I feel like I'm going to kill someone!! But yes, I can do it. I WILL do it. I will do it for my dogs, if not for myself....

It's down to 77 degrees now so will take the dogs for a short leisurely walk before bedtime. Goodnight whiners. I love you all!

OZboy 06-22-2010 08:17 PM

. When I stop smoking I feel like I'm going to kill someone!!

..I can relate..ask mrsoz..:rotfxko

SarahDoll 06-22-2010 08:26 PM

So, I'm sort of employed. I did some temporary work for a company and they said I can stay on with them if I find my own clients. So far I have one, which means my pay check is tiny, but it will get better as I build. Here's the whiney part: they cut me a live check for the latest pay period, but I'm supposed to be on direct deposit. I checked out my bank account only to discover they NEVER PAID ME for the temporary stuff I did over a month ago. They are also supposed to take care of all the federal and state tax witholding stuff, but the only thing that came out of this check was social security. I am REALLY IRRITATED because the lady who does all the payroll stuff is also the clinical director and so busy you can never get a hold of her...which means it will probably be a month before I see the four hundered dollars they owe me! AARRGGG!

Crap. Writing about it just made me more mad as opposed to calming me down. I'll have to think of Bam's cute kitty and avoid all contact with the woman until my homicidal urges subside!

LovesToTravel 06-22-2010 08:26 PM

Bam....what a cutie...looks like my cat's little sister. I never knew anything about "applehead siamese cats" before we got ours. They are just the nicest cats. I will say that my cat doesn't say very much. I always thought that Siamese cats made lots of noise but I guess not. Read up on them. You will be so glad that you got yours. That reminds me I should put my kitties picture back up. He used to be creamy too. He is almost a teenager and 13!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/sly52010.jpg

least 06-22-2010 09:55 PM

Too damn hot to sleep and the heat gave me a bad headache!! :c004:

OZboy 06-22-2010 10:18 PM

:rotfxko..i've forgottin'...what i was gonna post..

..just another seniors moment.....

least 06-22-2010 11:03 PM

..just another seniors moment.....
I get those all the time, it's a disease called CRS (Can't Remember Sh!t) :lmao and I've got it bad...

Rusty Zipper 06-23-2010 02:29 AM

cute cat there Bam

SD,

that funds bit blows,

hey, it's potential money in the bank,

as long as Ms. Clinical Director gets to it!

Whine some good ones out today gang,

it's good for the soul

Bamboozle 06-23-2010 03:25 AM

Yea! Kitty left little tootsie rolls in the litter box! She hadn't gone all night...after she got up and played and ate and drank...and meowed some more, I put her in the box and she went.

She loves to play...she's still aprehensive when anyone approaches...but if you sit down with her and play she soon forgets to be afraid. :D

I think she'll be okay with a little time and some love.

Her mother is full Siamese and her father is mostly Siamese with probably something else mixed in? IDK...she has pretty long hair...and light blue eyes.

I really don't want to go to work now. This day is going to drag until I can get home.

As soon as I can get her to the vet I'm going to take her...this Saturday if I can get in. :D

And now I have an excuse to go into Petland! Woo hoo!

And least, I'm so happy that foster dog is now your dog! :D

least 06-23-2010 04:52 AM

Bam, I am so delighted that you have your cat!:)

Went to bed late with a bad headache and woke up with some of it still there.:( At least it's a lot cooler right now and can walk the dogs after breakfast. We're not going to be doing anything or going anywhere as it's supposed to be really hot today... :scorebad

Got an email from rescue friend this morning that former foster dog HAS had all his shots at the out of state shelter he came from, but for some reason they did not put a rabies tag on him so must call them and ask them to send it asap.

Ann 06-23-2010 04:58 AM

I have been overtaken by squirrels.

It started with Earl, then his wife Shirl and then the baby squirrels...at first they were cute but now they are driving me nuts...pardon the pun.

Earl climbs my screen, looking in to see if he can find me. Shirl lounges on the back of a patio chair like a cat. Said chair is now dirty and will take some scrubbing to get the cushion clean. The babies are now teenagers and walk along a window ledge then stand on their haunches and look in to see me.

I am stared at by squirrels everywhere I look. If I give in and throw the nuts out, they start all over again. If I ignore them, they get testy and annoy me more.

Today I am going to try complete withdrawal of peanuts...keeping my shades pulled. It could get ugly :herewego

Fandy 06-23-2010 06:09 AM

Ann your home is asquirrel haven.....give them walnuts, squirrels love walnuts.....it sounds like they know you are a pushover.

Bam, your kitty is so cute!....Fandy's grandmother is a full siamese...that's why he is so intelligent.....he also fetches much better than the dog....siamese are very family oriented, they prefer the cats born on the right side of the blanket.

a cuddle-cup is usually a small furry cat-bed with higher sides....you can place it on your bed....glad the cat is using the litterbox....don't be alarmed, cats can hold it a really long time, change in environment, water, food can be scary for baby.....she will adjust within a few days....if you are worried about her being lonely, take her sister too.

get her to the vet asap for a check up and vaccinations, flea treatments, etc.....keep her inside.

least 06-23-2010 08:58 AM

THat's it!! No more!! I'm done! I had five cigs left just now and said "to hell with it" and crushed them up and threw them away. I'm now on day one and hanging on for dear life to my dogs for the strength to get thru the first few days.

Enough is enough! I've smoked for 40 years and it's past time to quit.

I AM DONE SMOKING!! NO MORE CIGS FOR ME, NO MORE POISON AND WASTED MONEY!!

Toronto68 06-23-2010 09:28 AM

Last night a critter on the roof was communicating with my cat. I was in a room with two windows overtop a verandah, the cat was looking out one of them. I heard and saw fiddling with the other window. I looked at the cat, he looked at me; we were sharing a WTF moment, I guess. I think it was a possum enjoying the berry tree. Unless it was a young raccoon. I heard noise in the tree afterward, so I am concluding possum, since they like berries. I hope my cat didn't get too close for comfort with him even though the screen was there.

Fandy 06-23-2010 09:55 AM

Hey Toronto, close the window or face a ripped screen.....Fandy distroyed one by pushing his fat head out the corner...to get into an altercation with the Norweigian Forset Cat that lives next door...(Toye, not be confused with LaToya).

Maybe Bam wants to call her kitty Latoya? i am partial to Clarice and Hannibal myself, but then Bam needs to adopt a male kitty too....I think that animals do wonders for brightening a gloomy mood and make us feel better...of course Ann's friends Earl and Shirl might be the exception....pooping on her lawn furniture.

hot and sunny here today, the temps are creeping up to 92 right now and 60% humidity, but there is a breeze....Fandy is a big chicken, he is afraid of the UPS man.

good for you Least, if you can stop drinking, you can definitely quit smoking..(TRY THE GUM)?....you might want to take the $$ you were spending every day on ciggies and stick it in a jar...just to see how fast it adds up....the last time I purchased cigarettes I think they werer$2.00 a pack, IDK how much they cost now, but NY just upped the taxes on them an additional $1.60 per pack.

my daughter was able to quit smoking and lose 30 lbs....i thought that was amazing.

least 06-23-2010 10:05 AM

Hotter than a firecracker here in Ohio too - over 90 right now! Poor dogs are just resting on my rug, they only go out for potty since too hot to walk them now, we did that early this am while still cool out.

I've been talking to my new dog this morning, telling him about quitting smoking for him and how happy I am to be his mommy.:) I think he understands cause he's very smart.

How's Sammy doing with the leg-lifting-in-the-house these days? I often clean up pee off the floor (no carpet, thank God) cause the beagirl is so old and can't hold it like she used to do. I don't get mad at her, just clean it up and let her out.

I AM A NON SMOKER! My new mantra...;)

Ann 06-23-2010 11:44 AM

For Least from the Canadian Lung Association...

Benefits of quitting smoking

Quitting smoking is the single best thing you can do to improve your health and quality of life. Non-smokers have a much lower risk of getting dozens of smoking-related diseases like lung cancer, heart disease, and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, including emphysema and chronic bronchitis).

Here are some other good things that happen to your body once you stop smoking 1:

Within 8 hours

carbon monoxide level drops in your body
oxygen level in your blood increases to normal

Within 48 hours

your chances of having a heart attack start to go down
your sense of smell and taste begin to improve

Within 72 hours

your bronchial tubes relax and make breathing easier
your lung capacity increases

Within 2 weeks to 3 months

your blood circulation improves
your lung functioning increases up to 30 percent

Within 6 months

your coughing, stuffy nose, tiredness and shortness of breath improve

Within 1 year

your risk of smoking-related heart attack is cut in half

Within 10 years

your risk of dying from lung cancer is cut in half

Within 15 years

your risk of dying from a heart attack is the same as a person who never smoked

There are many other good reasons to quit smoking:

* You'll set a good example for your children
* Your smoking will no longer affect the health of people around you
* You'll have more money to save or to spend on other things - a pack of cigarettes a day adds up to more than $3000 a year!
* You'll have more energy to do the things you love
* You'll pay lower life insurance premiums
* Cigarettes will no longer control your life

Ann 06-23-2010 11:47 AM

I need to give this some thought too, even though I only smoke a few a day, and am in the closet since Bubba hates it.

I know in the past when I quit, the trick was to distract myself when I had cravings. Taking a walk, reading a book, exercising, and just breathing deeply all helped. And the cravings became fewer in just a few days.

So good for you, Least, you're doing a good thing here.

Hugs