SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Marijuana Addiction (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/marijuana-addiction/)
-   -   The Quit Team (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/marijuana-addiction/418998-quit-team.html)

lynnmarie123 12-17-2017 09:53 AM

Doing great here too! A week shy of 6 months.
And yes, fleeting thoughts here too. But they are just thoughts and easily dismissed. Starting up is just not worth the hell of quitting again. It's never just one toke or one bowl. It's what I remind myself when those thoughts spring up.
Stay strong, everyone!

Shwinks 12-23-2017 03:22 AM

I have been lurking and thinking about this all week:

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6675820)
my world shrunk to my house, and then to my room....I needed pot every day . . . My life diminished

That really resonated. I'm in legal state. I vape concentrates, so no smoke involved. However, I have built up an awesome tolerance, and the strongest bud feels like nothing to me now.

I quit drinking years ago, but was alcoholic for decades before that. This is not that hell for sure, so there isn't that terrible desperation. Marijuana is pretty much HOW I quit drinking, and I am reluctant to give it up.

I also have depression, anxiety disorder and maladaptive daydream disorder, all of which I have had since childhood. I am on Lexapro.

Anymore though, I hate leaving the house.

I guess I'm on the fence.

Dee74 12-23-2017 04:59 AM

Hi and welcome shwinks :)

Marijuana started as my escape my it ended up my jailer. The desperation I had when I ran out, the combing the carpet for those dropped cones, the overwhelming paranoia and agrophobia the darkness of my worldview and the anxiety - it was in its own way a hell like alcohol was later.

All I can do is share how good it feels to be free and addicted to nothing.
I'm having the best time of my life.

I hope you'll stick around, SR is a good place to be :)

D

happycampers 12-25-2017 10:22 PM

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my friends here ! Hope 2018 brings you everything your looking for :)

Pacoloco 12-31-2017 12:37 AM

7 weeks :)

Sober New Year, HC and everyone!

Dee74 12-31-2017 12:48 AM

good going Paco :)

D

happycampers 12-31-2017 04:11 AM

Great job, Paco ! I'm having a sober New Years also and looking forward to a healthy 2018 !!! One day at a time :)

Hope everyone has the year of their dreams ! :)

SoberCAH 01-03-2018 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6718504)
Hi and welcome shwinks :)

Marijuana started as my escape my it ended up my jailer. The desperation I had when I ran out, the combing the carpet for those dropped cones, the overwhelming paranoia and agrophobia the darkness of my worldview and the anxiety - it was in its own way a hell like alcohol was later.

All I can do is share how good it feels to be free and addicted to nothing.
I'm having the best time of my life.

I hope you'll stick around, SR is a good place to be :)

D

I was never tested or diagnosed for agoraphobia, but I could barely drive on interstates (sober, drunk i could negotiate them with some success) and never on them at night.

Now, after being clean and sober for a good while, i can and do drive anywhere i please day or night.

Pacoloco 01-12-2018 02:18 AM

2 months :)

happycampers 01-14-2018 06:51 AM

Awesome , Paco ! Doing well over here too -had a minor slip, but long past that ! Feel way better without - more my "real" self. LOVE the clarity :) Hope Life is treating you well ! And a BIG HELLO to all my friends here - I hope 2018 inspires you to realize your dreams !!!

Pacoloco 01-21-2018 03:27 AM

Good to know you are doing great, HC!

10 weeks today :)

Dee74 01-21-2018 02:50 PM

Congrats Paco :)

D

Ajohnson 01-22-2018 06:47 PM

Just checking in. I’ve been clean from weed for 4 months and 10
Days. I can honestly say the worst of detoxing is gone and am feeling much better overall. Still some mild symptoms. Feels like my lungs are still trying to clear everything out n my brain is re wiring it’s self but it feels so good that the worst of it is over. Looking forward to even better days ahead. I hope everyone is doing well. Quitting is so worth it! Smoking weed really kicked my ass but not anymore! Now I’m kicking it’s ass! Haha!

lynnmarie123 01-25-2018 10:06 AM

7 months today. Things just keep getting better and better.
I was with my sister yesterday and of course, she smoked... a lot. Not once did I think..."what if?" The whispers are leaving the building! Yay!

Dee74 01-25-2018 03:08 PM

7 months is awesome lynnmarie :)

good to hear from you too Aj - congrats on 4 months :)

D

teodor 02-03-2018 01:37 AM

Day 3 here ... feeling insecure, but doing it anyway.
Thank you!

Dee74 02-03-2018 02:22 AM

Great to hear Teodor :)

D

Dee74 02-03-2018 02:23 AM

Now we need to hear from Windytown :)

D

happycampers 02-03-2018 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by lynnmarie123 (Post 6760434)
7 months today. Things just keep getting better and better.
I was with my sister yesterday and of course, she smoked... a lot. Not once did I think..."what if?" The whispers are leaving the building! Yay!

congratulations Lynn Marie and AJ !

Awesome job !

And I agree, Life IS better !

mm1741 02-04-2018 04:38 AM

Great thread. I'm so grateful to be a part of this community and finally put down the bong. Life really is greener (no pun intended) on the sober side of the fence.