SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Marijuana Addiction (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/marijuana-addiction/)
-   -   The Quit Team (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/marijuana-addiction/418998-quit-team.html)

cloudofdelusion 11-25-2017 03:28 PM

7 days clean and I'm loving life! It's getting easier every day! I have the occasional whisper from my AV, but they've been surprisingly easy to overcome so far, and the two NA meetings I've attended have been very enjoyable and incredibly helpful, motivating and inspiring. I hope everyone else here is doing well too!

Dee74 11-25-2017 03:30 PM

Congrats on your week Clouds :)

D

cloudofdelusion 11-25-2017 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6685904)
Congrats on your week Clouds :)

D

Thanks so much! How's your week been?

Dee74 11-25-2017 03:59 PM

Pretty good thanks - getting over some illness, so next week is looking even better :)

D

Pacoloco 11-26-2017 10:53 AM

2 weeks. :)

Not so easy, but not that hard. I had a good week overall, but had a pretty bad day today. Not craving, though. I'm sleeping poorly and it's affecting my mood. But it will get better for sure. I have nice plans and appointments for this next week.

Have a great sober week everyone. Stay strong.

lynnmarie123 11-26-2017 11:17 AM

Stay with it, Pacoloco!
Sleep was a huge issue for me. Took 3 full months before insomnia hit the road. I wanted to start up again just because of it.
So glad I didn't!

happycampers 11-28-2017 03:37 PM

Hey, Windy and Teo, it's great to see you guys joining us on the Sober bus ! And I agree, only today counts - no need for defining a specific quit time - that's so not important at this time. Just great to you have you with us ! We're in this together.

Pacoloco 12-03-2017 10:07 AM

3 weeks! :)

It was a nice week!

I joined a swimming gym and felt really good swimming again. No more insomnia ever since. Mood is way better too.

On the weekend I went to the beach and it was great. I swam in the sea, caught some waves, had a lot of fun. Swimming is like medicine to me, I am rediscovering this thanks to my recovery. :notworthy

It was challenging though, because there was pot around (not all the time). I craved for a while, but I did not slip and felt great for that.

And I realized that I actually have more fun without smoking. I have more energy to do things, I'm more present in each moment, I give more attention to my wife, I can be a better example for my nephew, I'm more realiable for driving, I'm sharper in the sea, I breathe better... and the list goes on and on.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and I wish we all have a good sober week. Thanks for reading!

Dee74 12-03-2017 02:25 PM

way to go PL :)

D

happycampers 12-03-2017 07:46 PM

Way to go, Paco !!! Sounds like sober Life is agreeing with you more this time around. Great to hear ! I'm dong fine over here too, but in all honesty, I was at a Christmas party the other night, drank too much wine, got a bit tipsy, which is SO not me and ended up having a couple of puffs off a joint . I was so pissed at myself the next day ! Not only did I drink way more than I usually do, but it lowered my awareness and I didn't catch myself when the joint was right in front of me. I was asleep at the wheel . So, now I am going to be extremely cautious with alcohol going forward. I feel much better now being back on the sober train since that night and feel comfortable going forward. Sober living is good living .
Proud of you , Paco. Keep it up , my friend.

Pacoloco 12-05-2017 01:58 AM

Thanks for the attention, really appreciate that.

I feel you, HC. Alcohol is a huge trigger for me too, as well as celebrations. We have to be extra cautions in that kind of situation. Or even avoid this type of event.

The most important thing is that we are on the path of sobriety, working our way to a better life. We are on this together, you can count on me.

I'm feeling low these days. Returning to the city was a shock of reality, I guess. My body is too sore so I can't swim. I'm feeling a little ill. So I think I just need to rest. I hope tomorrow I will feel better.

Have a nice day everyone.

happycampers 12-05-2017 03:53 AM

hope you're feeling better today, Paco. I was feeling off yesterday, so I went and had had a good sweat in a sauna and then went for a float tank , listened to some of my spiritual teachers and went to bed early. This morning, I feel much better. So, you are right Paco, rest IS important !
Yes, I think I will avoids many Christmas parties as possible - I don't go to many of them anyways, but I can't avoid that last one. I'll make sure I don't have much alcohol this season - I am a sober being going into 2018 !

Pacoloco 12-10-2017 04:08 AM

4 weeks :)

Yes, resting is very important, specially on early days of recovery I guess.

This week I got a cold so I had to rest a lot, so I was pretty bored sometimes. But I did not crave, as pot is a bit far from my reality right now (I have almost no friends left, and they used to be my biggest trigger for relapsing).

I could buy pot easily, but I trully don't feel like it. Far from it.

Being without friends may be an issue, though. I am a chatty kind of guy, so I'm suffering a little, I feel a bit lonely sometimes. But I think I can adapt. Having friends is kind of overrated I guess. And my (few) friends wasn't that great anyway. Friendships based on being high and wasted... what a waste.

In addition, I don't like Christmas, not merry at all for me, so I'm a bit moody in advance. Holidays suck! I wish I could just go to the beach and swim and don't go to parties or whatever. But family has expectations, and I will make a social effort to please the few people that really care about me (sometimes in a freaky way, I must add).

Other than that, it's all good. 4 weeks and counting.

Have a nice week everyone, thanks for reading.

Dee74 12-10-2017 04:15 AM

I'm sure you'll make new friends like I did Paco - or have older ones reenter your life again :)

D

happycampers 12-10-2017 05:31 AM

yes, new friends will come in time. Congrats on the four weeks, Paco ! Doing fine over here - no desire for pot - much prefer a clear head and a clear way of being. Have great week everyone.

Pacoloco 12-12-2017 09:38 AM

Thanks for the support. One month today :)

I'm happy to hear you are doing fine, HC!

Sober life is so much better indeed. I'm glad we can finally enjoy it.

Dee74 12-12-2017 03:49 PM

Congratulations PL :)

D

Pacoloco 12-17-2017 01:21 AM

5 weeks :) doing just fine

Dee74 12-17-2017 01:29 AM

Thats great paco :)
Hows everyone else doing?

D

happycampers 12-17-2017 09:17 AM

I'm doing fine too, Dee. Clear as a crisp, blue sky and Loving It !

Congrats Paco, happy to hear you're feeling so good this time around. It's wonderful to not have those nagging cravings for something that only weakens us.
Not saying a thought here and there don't float through this box on my shoulder, but it's just that , a powerless thought - like a cloud passing through that crystal clear , blue sky ! Have a super Sunday, my friends :)