SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude Part 116 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/459270-morning-gratitude-part-116-a.html)

FBL 06-06-2022 04:58 AM

Grateful for the clarity of mind as I ponder some possible career changes.

Grateful for another day sober.

Fearlessat50 06-06-2022 06:12 AM

FBL, good for you thinking about changes
Alpine, strawberry poppy seed dressing sounds so good
Hev, BLT,s. Yum! I clearly am hungry and need to eat
Free, hope you get better sleep tonight
Numblady, I can remember that feeling. Every time I relapsed, I could moderate for a while - until I couldn’t. But then I’d rationalize I was just like every other “normal” drinker. No problem, really, just went a little too far one or two times then back on the moderation wagon. But it never worked for me. Even though I never went back to the crazy drinking I did during the real problem years and probably drank less than many people I know who would t classify themselves as problem drinkers (two thoughts that kept me in the cycle), I knew it was t working for me, was not “ my truth”, and was not healthy. I stopped trying to be like everyone else, and stoped worrying about what people would think. I think part of this comes with age and maturity too, at least from my own experience.
Speaking of age, happy birthday to me. I am 55 years young today
Wow, that just sort of hit me. I’m closer to 60 now than 50. I remember that feeling when I turned 45
Grateful for Mr F
Grateful for the serenity prayer
Grateful to always remember the why behind my actions
Grateful for you

ClearPath64 06-06-2022 07:02 AM

Happy Double Nickels Fearless! I hope that you get spoiled today.

Free2bme888 06-06-2022 07:16 AM

Fearless, ahh, the old speed limit, eh? Happy birthday to you!

My MIL is 90 today, independent, and sharper than me…….

Alpine, glad you tried the salad…….

FBL, even tho you enjoy your boss, change can be GREAT

Grateful for my MIL and FIL health 90 and 93 y o
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for slightly better sleep last night
Grateful for a full week ahead, and a car trip to MN at End of week
Grateful we are helping NL through her subconscious thoughts, and letting her know there is NO NEED to drink. ANYTHING but drink.

Alpine 06-06-2022 08:06 AM

Fear, you make me laugh. Thanks!

tursiops999 06-06-2022 09:30 AM

Happy birthday Fearless!
FBL, so glad you are experiencing clarity around possible career changes.
Grateful for a warm welcome from the spiritual community I'm thinking of joining.
Grateful for volunteer work.
Grateful for sunshine this week. Planning a small getaway mid-week, just an hour or two away for paddling.
Grateful to feel well.

Hevyn 06-06-2022 09:36 AM

Grateful for the things we can talk about here. :grouphug:
Grateful to be understood.
Grateful MrH is making salad for dinner tonight - but he's calling it 'steak salad'. Hmm.
Grateful for the BLT's even though the tomatoes were anemic & flavorless. :yup: Hard to find good ones.
Grateful to share my day with SR & you all.

CBS62 06-06-2022 09:50 AM

Alpine canoeing sounds lovely. I want to go again soon. Glad you did not let your sister get to you.
NL I hope you stay negative and your daughter is "set free" soon. Somehow my daughter has still not gotten COVID after caring for her covid positive 6 yr old daughter for a week.
Happy Birthday Fearless! :fest30::birthday
Free I am glad your sleep was a little better. I have been struggling lately too.
Hi Turs. Glad you are feeling well.
Hev good to see you. Glad you feel understood.

Grateful I found a thread on Benzo Buddies for people like me that have chronic dizziness related to PAWS from alcohol and Benzo use. I still have balance and rocking issues almost 18 months into sobriety and 17 months post Benzo use(prescribed).
Grateful for veggie burgers. They make for a quick sandwich at lunch time. Trying to eat more vegan.
Grateful we got lots of chores done yesterday and then took a nice 8 mile bike ride. My butt and hands were sore after. But hopefully, my body will adjust as I ride more and more.
Grateful my friend has offered her beach condo. Heading down Thursday after work.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GratiWhine Club ;0).

Alpine 06-06-2022 09:59 AM

whoops, sorry Fear, I missed saying Happy Birthday!!

Numblady 06-07-2022 03:07 AM

Fearless, Happy BDay! I really like what you said about realizing drinking was not your truth. I truly, honestly already don’t give a crap about what others think of me drinking or not drinking. If anyone has a reaction I feel on a visceral level that is about them and not me. The problem is this misplaced to recapture some of the fun i myself had. But for as many times as were fun there were a slew of just stupid lame experiences. Not my truth! Just have to keep remembering that until it really sticks.
Alpine, thanks for the tip about the onions. I had salad last night (husband made). It doesn’t matter what the ingredients were because i put cashew tamari dressing on it. If any of you can ever find it (Whole Paycheck sells it…brand is Mother’s), you should buy it. But then you might be mad at me because it is so freaking good you may eat too much of it.

Grateful covid test was still negative yesterday.
Grateful yesterday is over and that I’m not in my old job.
Grateful my daughter is going to see my folks for a week starting Friday morning and that I could use the credit from the trip I had to cancel.
Grateful for a patient customer service rep. She initially said I didn’t have any flight credit but called their help line and got it sorted.
Grateful (??) I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and finally just gave up and got up. I’m not that awake but theoretically I can get some work done.
Grateful I don’t have to go into the office today.
Grateful for all of your words of support and strength.

Alpine 06-07-2022 04:10 AM

NL, yummm, that dressing sounds really good
Grateful for my walks,weight workout and small bit of sewing I did
Grateful for Riley's goofyness, he is so darn funny and knows it. He always makes me laugh
Grateful it may rain today
Grateful for another sober day
Grateful I got the laundry done and folded yesterday
Grateful for the chirps of the birds outside
Grateful for all of you

FBL 06-07-2022 05:09 AM

Grateful that I don't have to make any life-altering decisions today.

Grateful for another day sober.

CBS62 06-07-2022 05:44 AM

Grateful I slept pretty well last night.
Grateful that I have to go into the office today for some in person meetings. The change of pace will be good for me. But I sure do like working from home most of the time.
Grateful I can help a friend today and water her plants as she cares for her mother out of town.
Grateful we may get some rain tomorrow.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Fearlessat50 06-07-2022 06:22 AM

Thanks for the bday wishes. It was a great day!
Numblady, I do relate to that idea as well as far as letting go of the “fun” aspect of alcohol. My uncle was a recovered alcoholic and he used to say alcohol starts off fun, then there’s fun with problems, then there’s only problems. I think this may be an idea from AA. I believe this. In the later phase, I can’t remember a time that after the fun wore off there wasn’t some terrible consequence even if it was just the awful way I felt about myself. But often there were other consequences too.
Grateful to have time this morning to pick up a bracelet as a grad gift I’m giving to my close friends daughter. Can’t remember if I told you but she also asked me to do her hair for grad night this week, which is extra special. Glad I have time to do these sorts of things with my work flexibility
Grateful to watch Tom Holland Spider Man 2 last night with the boys
Grateful to use my bday Lascala gift card and get a few nice things. Like I really need new clothes! Lol
Grateful I’ve gotten use to giving clients bad news in a way that always has a positive message. There is a lot of bad stuff and money spent in my field. I’ve gotten good at letting go of what I can’t control and being proactive about what I can

tursiops999 06-07-2022 09:05 AM

Grateful for a good support group meeting last night.
Grateful to be headed out for a couple nights at the coast, in the van.
Grateful for my home.
Grateful for making new friends from volunteering.

aamirk614 06-07-2022 12:43 PM

Grateful for knowing that conflict and chaos is not my friend, remain calm and disengage when toxic people want to trigger me
Grateful for routine and prayer

Hevyn 06-07-2022 02:35 PM

Fearless - I'm glad you had a good birthday. :hug: You deserve it.
Grateful to have a minute to stop in & say I am thankful for you all. :yup:

least 06-07-2022 05:31 PM

Fearless happy birthday yesterday.:)

although I have to use a Walker to get around now I'm grateful that I can go down to the mailroom at least to get my mail. It takes awhile but I can do it.

Britbird80 06-08-2022 12:05 AM

Grateful for a very quick pop in to wish fearless a belated happy birthday.

Grateful for more time later to catch up on all posts.

Have a great day everyone x

Alpine 06-08-2022 04:07 AM

So very grateful for all of you here on SR that helped me through yesterday's challenges
Grateful for the rain yesterday, not that it was needed..just grateful
Grateful homemade quesadillas turned out great..pat myself on my back..I acutally bake them in the oven which works really well
Grateful for a nice quiet evening
Grateful for Riley, Mr. Alpine and my MIL
Grateful I spent some time working on a panel quilt
Grateful Mr. Alpine may be able to take Friday off so we can go canoeing. Keeping my fingers crossed
Grateful, that even though I have double vision a lot that I can see and enjoy my surroundings.