SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude ~ Part 98 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/447308-morning-gratitude-part-98-a.html)

Alysheba 05-07-2020 09:14 AM

Grateful that things are turning out better today than I could have hoped!Grateful I am sober and I know what I have to do to stay that way.Grateful for Courage's words or wisdom.Love and peace to all the Grat Packers!! :grouphug:

courage2 05-07-2020 10:14 AM

Grateful to get things done and to rest from getting things done.

Alysheba 05-07-2020 10:29 AM

I didn't mean to say words or wisdom, it was supposed to be words of wisdom :lmao: Sorry. ;)

least 05-07-2020 12:25 PM

Grateful to whomever it was that mowed my yard for me while I was at the doctor's office. :) :)

Mags1 05-08-2020 12:52 AM

Grateful for all of you :ring:

Grateful I managed to administer my 4 monthly injections by myself (yaaay) at home instead of a visit to the hospital.

Grateful for the bright sunny morning.

Grateful for my coffee.

Daisybelle 05-08-2020 02:42 AM

Grateful for a relaxed and sober morning, no home schooling today as it's a Bank Holiday here in the U.K to celebrate V.E day.

Grateful for the men and women who gave their lives for us in the war.

Grateful that I and my family are well.

Grateful for all our key workers and grateful to stand on the doorstep again last night to give them a round of applause.

Grateful for morning coffee.

Grateful that my orchid plants survives my neglect in remembering to water it.

Grateful for memories of my dad today and listening to 40's music with him in his last days, music was the one thing that never failed to get through to him.

Grateful to have enough food in my cupboards and grateful that I don't need to go shopping today.

Grateful for the money I've saved on petrol.

Grateful that Palmersage was brave enough to stand on the scales, I braved them too and it wasn't good :goodnews:, grateful that it's not just me, lol. I need to get a grip and now.

Grateful to read F.B.L's post about the ego.

Grateful to be able to share that I get rid of the A's by editing my post and deleting them.

Grateful to read about Fearless's huddles and hugs.

Grateful that Mags managed to administer her injections, though I always knew she would do it.

Grateful to read all your posts, they keep me going.

Grateful that the engineer from our Internet provider turned up unexpectedly yesterday and replace the hub thingy, he was fully masked up etc and we had to stay in another room whilst he did what he had to do, then we had to sanitise everything, but we have a proper working service again, at last, I hope. xxx

Grateful for all of you. xxxx

FBL 05-08-2020 03:38 AM

Grateful for another day sober.

Numblady 05-08-2020 04:52 AM

Grateful for the laugh thanks to Aly. Let’s just say with me it probably IS “words OR wisdom” :)

Grateful for Daisy’s tips on how to make posts work better!

Grateful to have no official meetings scheduled today though it will still be busy. I may try to join some Mom friends on their standing Friday morning zoom.Â

Grateful the weekend is coming. My kids really need something to do besides stupid screens but sometimes it’s really nice to not have to deal with the added stress of schoolwork.

Grateful I pretty much always make the coffee too strong. Because there is no such thing. Hopefully this makes sense.

Grateful to my son for sweet hugs. Grateful he got into the school he wanted to get into. Not because of my whiny appeal but because room opened up :). Grateful my therapist is helping me think through things like equipping him more for adversity instead of trying to reconfigure things to protect him. I never want to be one of those parents that manufactures a universe that will keep him from adversity but there is also such deep and profound guilt about am i doing the right thing that at some times you feel like you would be failing your future kid to not try and change something or do something.Â

Grateful I am doing grats BEFORE I look at the news of the day. Something that I only started doing in times of Covid. Probably not a good habit but now it’s just that. A habit.

Grateful for Fearless’ sweet pandemic routine.Â

Grateful for RZ’s perseverance.

Grateful my daughter and I have taken up playing Spider together on my ipad.Â

Grateful to be here.Â

Numblady 05-08-2020 04:54 AM

For some reason I can no longer successfully edit posts. So enjoy the little halo crested As, people! :)

PalmerSage 05-08-2020 05:32 AM

Grateful for COFFEE, especially because there was so little SLEEP last night!
Grateful to be motivated to start eating better and exercising.
Grateful the scale rewarded me a tiny bit this morning. Only one day in, but I will take whatever small victories I can get!
Grateful that I don't have to commute or dress up for work today.
Grateful that my extended family is healthy and financially secure.
Grateful for time and space to breathe and think, especially in the morning.
Grateful to be sober, and for everyone on SR!

Fearlessat50 05-08-2020 06:05 AM

Grateful that like Numblady, I am coming here first to post grats
Numblady, congrats on your son getting into the school. What a great feeling! Btw, I can’t get a response from my therapist to schedule a virtual session. So I guess I’ll live vicariously through your sessions. I also tried to contact a different therapist I had in the past. No response from her either. This was all earlier in the week,like Monday. Grateful to find all kinds of support online including a free crisis line and another free listening support app if I feel I need these thugs. Grateful I’m feeling good this morning.Â

Grateful for Rusty mentioning perseverance.Â

Grateful Mag can master her own injectionsÂ

Grateful for Daisy’s memory of her Dad, and always uplifting posts.Â
Grateful for the nice person who mowed leasts yardÂ

Grateful I’ll just keep the little A with the hat. It adds characterÂ

Grateful for huddle and hugs day 54

Grateful for my second home made pandemic pedicureÂ

Grateful to get over the feeling that every day is ground hog day and just be the best version of myself
Grateful for Aly and everyone else here too.Â

Rusty Zipper 05-08-2020 08:08 AM

least send the mowers my way!

grateful for some extra sleep this morning

Hevyn 05-08-2020 09:49 AM

Grateful to be getting unburied - slowly putting the new place together.
Grateful to eventually be able to resume reading & posting regularly - I miss everyone.
Grateful for sobriety - I can imagine how chaotic it would be without it. Grateful to no longer presume I can fall back on my old 'friend' to calm my anxiety.
Grateful for the resilience of the human race - and how we've reacted to the pandemic.
Grateful for spring and new beginnings.
Big hugs going out to all. :yup:

Alysheba 05-08-2020 10:03 AM

Grateful Mags has mastered the art of injections to herself! It makes it so much easier if you can do some of those shots yourself than running back and forth to the doctors. That's great! :hug:Grateful for Hevyn's wonderful post here. So glad you are back, my darling one! :love:Grateful for Rusty. Prayers and love continue. Hoping you're feeling a bit better and glad to hear you got some extra rest. :hug:Fearless, love, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you're doing all you can. :love:Peace, love, and perseverance to all of us Grat Packers. :grouphug: :wavey:

least 05-08-2020 10:10 AM

Mags! :) Glad you're able to inject yourself. :hug:

Grateful for a long walk with Billie just now. :)

Grateful that we can take a nap any time we like. :) Always grateful to snuggle with Billie. :hug:

courage2 05-08-2020 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Numblady (Post 7440678)
Grateful for the laugh thanks to Aly. Let’s just say with me it probably IS “words OR wisdom” :)

Andseldom the twain shall meet.

Grateful to be of service today.

Caramel 05-08-2020 01:20 PM

On VE Day and always: grateful for the Greatest Generation, whose sacrifices and victory saved civilisation.

Mags1 05-08-2020 09:17 PM

Grateful for all of you and your forever helpful Grats. :tyou

Grateful for sobriety, more so in these pandemic times.

Grateful for home deliveries from the butchers the bakers and the candlestick makers, (not really the candle sticker makers but it made me laugh) . ;)

Grateful for all the mod cons, electricity, gas, especially internet, I normally take for granted. :yup:

FBL 05-09-2020 02:36 AM

Grateful for another day sober.

Anaya 05-09-2020 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Caramel (Post 7440931)
On VE Day and always: grateful for the Greatest Generation, whose sacrifices and victory saved civilisation.

What a wonderful tribute.
I am grateful as well for those from that generation, who had faithfully served to protect freedom and human rights.