SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude Prayer (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/33499-bedtime-gratitude-prayer.html)

sam082602 08-04-2004 12:07 PM

Yeah my sleep pattern is better this week but I thought it was because I working out and then I found out exactly why I am sleeping better this week & it is just like it always is once a month if you know what I mean....today my prayers are dedicated to getting a new air conditioner today, not tomorrow ; and for my friend's family during their time of grief since his drinking & drugging brought him to an dramatic & deathly end after a fatal car accident that he was in this past weekend; and also for J.J., my high school buddy that I used to get high with, that he would disappear from Russell's job site & out of my life for good until J.J. sobers up for good....Love ya, Eddie!! Love, Samantha

eddie z. 08-05-2004 04:20 AM

Sam,
I'm so sorry about your friend. Prayers are with you and his family also. And I take it J.J. is a "bad influence" on Russell? Prayers are with them, too.

I guess I'll do the gratitude thing later. I think I want to lie back down for now.
Love, Eddie
:sleepy:

sam082602 08-05-2004 01:01 PM

Thanks...J.J. is a bad influence on everybody including me & himself...still praying for a working air conditioner

eddie z. 08-06-2004 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by sam082602
Thanks...J.J. is a bad influence on everybody including me & himself...still praying for a working air conditioner

You're welcome! Sorry about J.J. Our weather turned cool last night. I was actually chilly this morning! Did you get that AC fixed yet, Sam? I hope so.

Today I am grateful that I have the opportunity to go to Guilford Tech in Substance Abuse Treatment and that they want me! I'm pretty excited about this although I've been saying for years that I didn't want to go back to school. LOL.

Love, Eddie

sam082602 08-08-2004 07:54 PM

Good for you!! Yes, the air conditioner is finally working plus Russell bought me a fan just in case. We went to a kick ass concert (Slipnot, Slayer, Hatebreed, and Godforbid) were in the concert...heavy, hardcore rock. My mom will be picking my daughter up from my dad's on Wednesday and we will get to visit with them before they go home to Virginia; can't wait to see them!! My gratitude prayers are giving thanks to my Higher Power for my life and my freedom from drugs and alcohol. Good night, luv!! Love ya!! Love, Samantha

eddie z. 08-08-2004 08:11 PM

That's great, Samantha!

Tonight I am grateful to be eating regularly and eating healthy, actually doing some cooking these days, starting to lose weight, and NOT gorging on ice cream!!

sam082602 08-09-2004 09:48 AM

still working on losing weight and my prayers are still the same as yesterday

eddie z. 08-09-2004 02:36 PM

Have you been doing the Nautilus? You may actually gain weight while losing fat because Nautilus builds muscle which weighs more than fat. The best thing to go by is probably how your clothes fit. I HAD to lose some weight 'cause I couldn't afford a new wardrobe!

Today I am grateful for H&I meetings and my alternate chair, Othello!

sam082602 08-10-2004 07:15 AM

My mom will be here with my daughter tomorrow!!

We are going to another rock concert tonight with Seether and Evanescence being the headliners; it should be kickass; I'll let you know tomorrow after my mom, daughter, & stepdad head out to Clovis, NM to see my grandad.:headbang: I am so excited about getting to see my mama, Kayla, & Dalton. It totally rocks. Russell is taking off from work until after they leave. I can hardly stand to wait until they get here tomorrow. They recently moved to Virginia due to Dalton getting a bigtime federal promotion but my mom & my dad share custody of Kayla and she has been here all summer but I don't go out to my dad's very often due to the fact that he likes to push religion & marriage off on Russell & I plus my family seems to think that since Russell is with me that he is now a part of the family & that for that reason he should do free electrical work for them whenever they want which doesn't go over well with either of us. Anyways, I did spend time with Kayla & the rest of the family on the 4rth of July but now I get to spend time with her in a more relaxed atmosphere which is how it is when she is with my mom & Dalton, my stepdad. Anyways, my gratitude prayers are for my upcoming visit with my mom, Kayla, & Dalton!! Oh, did I tell you that my landlord painted my front door hot pink? They are suppose to change whenever they get more money to buy more paint!! I wish I had a way to show you the door; you would laugh so hard; I certainly did, lol!! Love ya!! Love, Samantha :biggrin:

sam082602 08-11-2004 10:57 AM

My visit with my mom turned out to be with just my sister, Karen, my mom, and me cuz' Dalton didn't listen to my mom & they had a fenderbender but no one was hurt. Anyways our visit was great & I got some pictures, plus, the concert last night was great!! How are you? Love ya!! Love, Samantha

eddie z. 08-11-2004 06:04 PM

Glad no one was hurt and that you had a good visit! I am well, although it's rainy and that's making me sleepy rather early.

Tonight I am grateful for OA and that my NA sponsor tried to call me back! Unfortunately, I think I'm too tired to call her again tonight. :yawn:

Sweet dreams, Samantha!
Love, Eddie

sam082602 08-11-2004 08:30 PM

My new website:

http://home.earthlink.net/~samrusty1/

Hello, Eddie!! My new website is above :haha: so please check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!! Love, Samantha

sam082602 08-12-2004 06:47 AM

Good morning, Eddie!! My prayers are for some good ole fashion sex from Russell of course (sorry, if that is TMI, but it is honest, lol), a good meeting that I am chairing tonight & a good friend is speaking at, and for you, Eddie!!

sherbear5104 08-13-2004 07:41 PM

Hey Eddie and Sam,
Hope ya don't mind me jumping in this thread, but it's so nice to see the friendships that grow around here. I'll be praying that you have a good time at the convention this weekend, Eddie, and don't forget to bring my spirit along. Let's go have somwe fun. (lol). Then I'll bring you with me to the convention up here. It's halloween weekend. Should we wear a costume?

sam082602 08-13-2004 07:42 PM

My gratitude prayers, all of them, are giving thanks for Russell finally giving me that sex that I craved so badly, that he keeps up the good work both in the bedroom and in his newly found sobriety (he just found it again, today), for my family's safety in Tampa, Florida & in Leesburg, Virginia & on the trip from here to Virginia, and for my new sponsor, Cami!!

sam082602 08-13-2004 07:44 PM

hi SheBear5104!! Glad that you could join us!! What Convention are you going to, Eddie? Have a great weekend ya'll!!

eddie z. 08-13-2004 07:47 PM

Thanks, Samantha! Sorry I haven't responded sooner. Yesterday, I couldn't get on the internet at all for some reason.

Your website looks beautiful, Sam!! Makes me want to do something with mine.

How did your meeting go? And did you get any yet? :banned:

Tonight I am grateful for Samantha, Cyndi, Patti, Rhonda, and Karen!

Love, Eddie

eddie z. 08-13-2004 07:57 PM

Oops! I think we were all typing at the same time. Welcome, Sherry! Costumes sound like a must for your convention.

Sam, my area of NA is having its convention this weekend. Congrats on getting a new sponsor (finally-teehee) and on getting something else! :blush:

Love y'all,
Eddie

sam082602 08-14-2004 09:10 AM

Yes, I finally got some and I plan on getting more today!!

:hug: Hugs to ya'll!! My prayers are prayers of thanks that my brother and his family are okay and that Hurricane Charley missed them completely. My prayers are also for me and/or my sister to be able to get a hold of my mom today. Have fun at your convention!! My meeting was great; and we are going to a District 4 AA Workshop at our AA club, the Hub, at 2 p.m. today; it should be really informative--the last one was; and we might stay for the little FunFest Fundraiser right afterward or we might go see 'Open Waters' at the movie theater...don't know yet!! I will probably call my new sponsor tomorrow. Love to all!! Love, Samantha :hug:

sherbear5104 08-14-2004 12:04 PM

(((Eddie and Sam)))

I'm grateful that my friend in Ft. Myers survived the storm. He said it hit just north of where he lives. He was doing what you and Russell were doing while it was happening. He figured if he was gonna go, he might as well go happy! :banana: I hope you are safe as well, Eddie. I heard Charley is coming your way. Prayers are going out to you. Sam, have fun at the workshop, I'm going to see the Village today. Let me know if you see Opem water and how it is. Love ya'll, Sherry