SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OMG..........My dad's dead!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/128701-omg-my-dads-dead.html)

Lovestoomuch 07-16-2007 04:04 PM

OMG..........My dad's dead!!

I can't believe this! No one told us. My sister hadn't heard from my father for a while and google searched his name. He's gone. He died in a car accident Thursday morning. How can this happen? No one tried to contact us. I can't believe my dad is gone. I haven't seen him..............in so long. We never had a chance to get close. Why can't I cry? This man was my father.............

havehope 07-16-2007 04:06 PM

Loves
I am so sorry. I can't believe no one contacted you. You are probably too stunned to cry right now, I don't know. I am so sorry.
Hugs
Terri

dollydo 07-16-2007 04:09 PM

I too am sorry....it will take time to work through all the emotions.

Hugs,

Dolly

Astro 07-16-2007 04:12 PM

Kris, I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose a loved one, especially parents, even when we're not close to them. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

marle 07-16-2007 04:13 PM

(((Kris))) So sorry that you had to find out this way. Sending prayers your way. Hugs, Marle

kj0975 07-16-2007 04:14 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of this loss right now you probably are thinking a hundred thoughts and in shock. Give it time and allow yourself to grieve and have a good cry. We are all here if u need us.

rahsue 07-16-2007 04:44 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my father in 1995 and it seems like yesterday. I'm sorry you never got close to him but I'm sure he'll be watching out for you now from above.

Lobo 07-16-2007 04:46 PM

(((Loves))) My deepest sympathy. I'm sorry you had to find out the way you did.
When you get over the shock it will become reality to you, and maybe you can have a good cry. Remember the light is always on at SR.

Prayers for you and your family............Lois

outonalimb 07-16-2007 04:55 PM

Loves,

I'm so sorry.
You're in my thoughts and prayers.

ladyamalthea 07-16-2007 05:03 PM

I'm so sorry Kris. It's not fair that things like that happen in the lives of people as nice as you. My heart is with you tonight.

*hugs*

cookconfay 07-16-2007 05:07 PM

Loves, what terrible news and a terrible way to find out. I wish there were something I could do. I can keep you and your loved ones in my thoughts and prayers and send big hugs to you. God will get you through this, you know he will.

pjbs55 07-16-2007 05:07 PM

Kris,
I am sooooo sorry that this happened to you. I am sending prayers to you. It is not fair that you and your family had to fine out the way you did.
I am here for you if you need me.
Hugs

Lovestoomuch 07-16-2007 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you all for being here. The tears are starting to come. This is all I have. An artical in a newspaper. This is the last picture I have. It doesn't seem real........this man who used to take me to the Nutcracker Ballet every year around Christmas time when I was little. This is all that's left. This is what I got to see. It's not fair. It just doesn't seem real.

cinderellawkids 07-16-2007 05:24 PM

My deepest sympathys Loves.

Finding out this way will likely be harder on the empotions, try to feel it all now rather than prolong the grief

dollydo 07-16-2007 05:29 PM

Loves,

Unfortunately, life is not fair, I wish it was.

Take the time to grieve, to work through the loss.

The HP makes all the final decisions, when we are born and when we die, we do not.

My heart goes out to you in your time of loss.

raerae6 07-16-2007 05:33 PM

What a shock. I am so sorry for your loss.

(((hugs))))

Lisa

cmc 07-16-2007 05:40 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about this.
((((Loves))))

ConcernedBigSis 07-16-2007 05:43 PM

(((Loves))) Sorry for your loss.

guineapigjude 07-16-2007 05:45 PM

Oh Kris, I am so sorry! I wish I had something profound to say to help take away the pain, but I can only offer my prayers and my support. Please take care of yourself.
Jude

nevergivingup 07-16-2007 05:46 PM

I'm here for you honey... for anything you need!