SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OMG..........My dad's dead!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/128701-omg-my-dads-dead.html)

kj0975 07-16-2007 07:45 PM

(((Kris))) I am sure he was proud of you your a great woman and a great mom and just a great person that doesnt go unnoticed ever. Please dont think that you let him down.

eaglesgirl 07-16-2007 08:08 PM

(((Kris)))

He knows what a compassionate and spirited, kind and generous woman you are...
You made him proud in many ways while he was in this life, and you will continue to make him proud in his spiritual life...

My AH lost his father 13 years ago... He often talks to him, whether it is in his prayers, while driving, and showing him pictures of our kids pointed towards the sky... He is always with him, I have often pointed out how much our youngest will chatter on about PopPop in Heaven...to me this has got to be a sign that he still reaches out to my AH.

He'll be with you...in your mind and heart... remember all the good times...

Keeping you close to my heart.

stefanie 07-16-2007 08:23 PM

Kris, I am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and sending prayers to you
and your sister.

Mavis 07-16-2007 09:10 PM

I am so sorry Loves.

BigSis 07-16-2007 09:26 PM

(((Kris))) There are no words that can make this better for you. What I know is that time does heal... and we are here with you, every step of the way.

((hugs))

teke 07-16-2007 10:20 PM

loves, i'm so sorry to hear about your dad. i'm praying for you and your family. sorry i'm late seeing this, too. may he rest in peace and i pray for strength for the family.

frankly 07-16-2007 10:24 PM

((Loves))

Just Hugs.

B

booklover 07-16-2007 10:33 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and the way you found out. Thinking of you...

bookmiser 07-17-2007 02:38 AM

((((((((Kris)))))))))))

I'm so sorry for your loss. In a way, I understand your feelings.
After my mom and dad divorced, (I was 9) my dad went on to marry again twice.
The second wife, with kids, took up alot of his time and devotion. My little brother and I were back-burnered...alot.
Third wife, he became a God-fearing christian and would see his grown children, some of them, anyway, me included, only on very special occasions. Like Christmas.
My dad was a good and loving man. Yet, he could only be that for so many people at once. He and his first children (5) grew apart.
When he had his first stroke, my older sister, little brother, and I would visit more frequently at the nursing home. He'd always been a "cryer", so everytime he would see his kids, he'd cry most of the time. Not sure if it was guilt, the strokes and their affect on his brain, or an overwhelming sense of love for us.
I do know, it brought us all closer before his passing.
Never really thought about any of this until now. It helps to remember.
Keep the memories of the good times you once had with your dad. I'm sure he's thought of you often, as well.
Sometimes, we get so busy and life just gets in the way. It's sad.
This really opened my eyes to trying to keep in contact with relatives that I lost touch with. Mostly due to "hiding out" because of my son and his addiction.
Hold, who you have, near and dear to your heart. I'm sure your dad understands.
With love and deepest sympathy,
Linda

Lightenup 07-17-2007 04:52 AM

Kris: I'm so sorry for your loss. Your tears will come, hon, and so will healing. Nutty as it seems, if you need to, just talk to him, just as if he were there, just like you're telling us. He hears you and I know this seems silly, but my parents died before my children grew very old. I've always told them that their grandparents know who they are, that they can see them and love them from Heaven. I do believe this, so I have a feeling your dad may be gone physically, but he is very much there with you and always will be.................also, no one can take away the piece of your heart where he lives anyway. I know he is proud of you and glad for you right now, and he is with the angels..............

Love you,
Bets

abtchonamission 07-17-2007 05:19 AM

((((((((((Kris))))))))))))

I'm so sorry for your loss, and for the way you found out. I met my dad when I was 15, didn't have a chance to see him much, and when he passed, I found out by accidentally stumbling upon his obit. I have kind of an idea how much of a shock this is, and I wish it had been different for you.

My heart and thoughts are with you. Sending prayers.

wayconfused 07-17-2007 06:35 AM

Loves I am so sorry. I lost my Dad Oct. 2006. And I was never close to him either. So my heart and prayers are with you...
HUGS

parentrecovers 07-17-2007 06:38 AM

prayers and hugs, k

HKAngel24 07-17-2007 06:44 AM

Loves~
I am so so so sorry to hear of this news.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

laketime 07-17-2007 07:24 AM

prayers to you and your family

nytepassion 07-17-2007 07:29 AM

Kris,

I'm so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Passion

ncdeac 07-17-2007 08:02 AM

Kris,

I am so sorry for your loss and feel just terrible about the way you found out. One thing I know for certain though, he KNEW you loved him and he was beyond proud of you. Don't ever doubt that.

(((hugs)))

MsPINKAcres 07-17-2007 08:30 AM

No words can even come close to saying how much I hate you are going thru this painful time.
Please take good care of yourself and try to take it one minute at a time -
((Loves))

Rita

WENDYLOST101 07-17-2007 09:16 AM

Kris, I am sorry Im late. I am so sorry to hear about your father. I will be thinking of you. Im here. ((((Kris))))