SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OMG..........My dad's dead!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/128701-omg-my-dads-dead.html)

ladyjane 07-17-2007 10:37 AM

((((lovestoomuch)))

I'm so sorry about your loss. I know it's hard to lose someone you love even if you've been apart lately. I'm sure your dad knows how you feel.

itiswhatitis... 07-17-2007 10:53 AM

kris,

what a horrible thing to find out *googling* - i remember losing touch with my dad for about a year - he had moved from hollywood to tampa and we figured he would contact us - my sister decided to try and call him and got him - he would drive from hollywood to tampa and hadn;t moved - when we started talking again he had just found out he had cancer - we all came to florida - a year later we came again and he passed - i know how easy it is to lose touch - but am glad we had that last year...

i'm so sorry ((((((kris)))))) - if there is anything you need please ask - please....

love,
sue

Cupicake 07-17-2007 10:55 AM

So sorry Kris......

Hangin' In 07-17-2007 11:06 AM

(((Loves)))))

I'm so sorry. You'll process this news in your own timing with the help of your higher power. And when you're able to see a little light, remember your recovery. It never helps to live in the "coulda, shoulda, woulda" world. What was .....was. And both you and your dad were doing the best you could do at the time. I just feel your dad knew that and loved you no matter what happened in the past.

Hugs and prayers for you,
Hangin' In

finallyout 07-17-2007 12:25 PM

Kris, i'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family. Lots of (((hugs)))

Jenna

Jewelz 07-17-2007 01:24 PM

Loves I am sorry, i don't know what else to say but sorry.

Praying for you and your family!

love, jewel

susieque5 07-17-2007 01:35 PM

Kris,
Don't think your father doesn't know that you are together and doing well...he has the best view possible where he is watching from now. We all have regrets when we lose someone, but we have to remember (although it's hard) that they are where we are all waiting to be and watching over us. May God comfort you.
Big hugs,
Susie

aasharon90 07-17-2007 01:48 PM

You are in my thoughts and prayers as im
just now reading ur thread. How sorry to
hear of this.

Lovestoomuch 07-17-2007 01:54 PM

thank you all so much for your words. I've been wanting to reply, but I've been dealing with a kidney thing..........It's really taken a toll and I've been so tired. This just adds to what seems like on going health issues.

My sister and i are trying to contact our younger step brother but haven't been successful yet. An autopsy is being done. They think my father may have had a heart attack while driving due to the fact it was determined he was at fault. The couple in the van that was hit came out with no injuries thank God.

Wascally Wabbit 07-17-2007 03:08 PM

Loves,
I am so sorry you had to find out like that.
You're in my prayers this evening dear. I am sorry for your loss.

Lovestoomuch 07-17-2007 05:58 PM

It wasn't my dad's fault. I just got word. Mom talked to my uncle. Dad had the green light. The van ran the red light and hit him. There was 2 witnesses. There wasn't a mark on my dad. He died of internal injuries. He was on his way to go fishing with my grandfather. We just lost my grandmother like 3 weeks ago. This is just too much. They had his funeral already. Said 200 people showed up.........sadly my sister and I were'nt there..........we didn't even know.

cookconfay 07-17-2007 06:01 PM

My heart just breaks for you and your family. I am so sorry and if there was anything I could do or say I would! HUGS to you and prayers are going out!!!

Lovestoomuch 07-17-2007 06:22 PM

It's just not fair. We could have had the time, but someone took that away from me.

Ladybugg 07-17-2007 07:24 PM

(((Kris))), Thinking of you, so sorry things happened this way.

historyteach 07-17-2007 07:58 PM

My thoughts and prayers remain with you during this very difficult time.
I'm so very, very sorry... :hug:
Take all the time you need to grieve, and realize that, like recovery, grieving is a process. It will take time.

Shalom!

ladyamalthea 07-17-2007 08:12 PM

Kris, I know how hard it is to lose multiple people that you love in a short time span like that... both of my mom's parents died within 24 hours of each other (nonrelated, though... she died from alzheimer's complications and he had heart failure) and then my dad's father died a week later.

I know there is nothing I can say to comfort you, but I just hope it helps to know that someone out there can relate to at least one aspect of your pain.

*continued hugs and prayers*

funkzter 07-18-2007 07:56 AM

I'm sorry for you loss Kris and send you all my love & strenght during this hard time
xoxo