SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   STBXAH Missing! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/340700-stbxah-missing.html)

Florence 08-04-2014 06:16 AM

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. It's out of your control. Focus on your beautiful children.

Bullfrog 08-04-2014 06:29 AM

I'm so so very sorry.

My X is currently on his second round in lockdown in a psych hospital for suicidal ideation. I'm having to brace myself for facing this very scenario in the future. I already cannot count on him to pay his child support. But that pales to the thought of having to tell my kids that their dad killed himself. I cannot even go there mentally yet.

Watching someone selfishly destroy their life, and taking down innocent hearts with them, just leaves me in disbelief and anger. I don't get it.

yensid 08-04-2014 06:46 AM

I'm so sorry that you and your children are going through this.

3 Cs...you didn't cause this, you can't control it and you can't cure it. Say it,write it,over and over until you believe it.

And let go, let god. Or replace god with your AH's name.

Not quite the same but when I left my first marriage (not an alcoholic one) I would worry so much about stuff, money, the house etc. but you will get through it. It will hurt...feel that hurt and work off of it. (I'm not sure if you had natural deliveries with your kids...but when delivery is imminent, they tell you to push through the burn.) Push through the hurt and let it propel you through these extremely difficult time.
As for the kids. Don't make excuses for him. Idk how old they are. But give them a little information and explain more as you see fit/as they ask and what is age appropriate.
Big {hugs}

allinon 08-04-2014 06:56 AM

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I echo what someone posted earlier: don't talk to kids until after you meet with your therapist. He/she should be able to shed light on best ways to discuss this with them.

I also pray that he will be found.

Praying for you and your girls!

hopeful4 08-04-2014 07:26 AM

So so sorry. I hope they can give you some answers today. Huge Hugs!

iwanthappiness 08-04-2014 07:51 AM

Thanks everyone. Great advice

CodeJob 08-04-2014 08:34 AM

Thinking about you today. Peace and strength. I am glad to hear your family is coming to support you.

redatlanta 08-04-2014 08:41 AM

I am so sorry for what is happening. I am sending prayers that he is found safe.

iwanthappiness 08-04-2014 09:33 AM

The dogs found a sent in an abonded farmhouse. Im just waiting for the call. I have counseling at 4 to help with what to say to girls.
I loved this man so much. He was my college sweetheart. My life will never be the same. F"*k alcohol!!! Damn him

biminiblue 08-04-2014 09:36 AM

((hugs & prayers for you and your family))

hopeful4 08-04-2014 09:36 AM

Breathe. You don't know yet, so just breathe. Take it a moment at a time. It's good you are leaning on your counselor, excellent. Just know that no matter what choices he has made, you did not cause or contribute to any of it. Tight Tight Tight Hugs my friend. Keep us updated, we are here for you!!!

PM me if you need a friend anytime!

Much love coming your way!

iwanthappiness 08-04-2014 09:40 AM

Im finding all kinds of empty bottles tucked around my house. He fought hard....4 rehabs, numerous ER visits and pancreatitis 2 times. He left behind 2 amazing girls 13 and 14. He was only 44. He was handsome, smart, aathletic and at one time loved life. Alcohol changed this man before my very eyes. He became a different person. Why???? Why couldnt he beat this? Why did he give up? How can i move forward. We talked and hugged everyday. Its a demon of a disease. Strips away your dignity and everything you worked hard for. I supported him until he became violent and irrational. Couldnt keep putting my kids through this. Deep down inside he was ssd and scared yet a very good person. I just dont get it. Im only 42 and i know God will guide me through life. I know i need to stay strong. No one will love my kids the way he did. What was going on in his brain? Ill never know. Wish i did.

FireSprite 08-04-2014 09:43 AM

I am SO sorry, I can't imagine how you are feeling. I wish I could reach right through my monitor & give you a big, giant, group-SR hug. My prayers are with you & your girls today. :grouphug:

hopeful4 08-04-2014 09:43 AM

I wish I knew a way to make any and all substance abusers see what will happen in their lives. To know WHY they make the choices they do. Why are some personalities addictive and others not? Why??

My heart just breaks for you and for your girls. You love them and will do the right things for them as you have in the past.

You and your children are in my heart and prayers.

Bullfrog 08-04-2014 10:04 AM

I am just so so sorry. Wish I could hug you. I just don't understand this stupid disease either.

Cathryn2001 08-04-2014 10:07 AM

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I pray for your strength at this difficult time.

LightInside 08-04-2014 10:24 AM

IWantHappiness, my heart goes out to you. Terrible. May your Higher Power bless you and your children with Serenity and Joy. I know that won't happen for a long time, but I have faith. HUGE hugs for you and your babies.

unsureoffuture 08-04-2014 10:34 AM

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. It must be devastating for you to be at this point. Good for you making a counseling appointment. You are stronger than you realize. Surround yourself with your family and friends during this difficult time. Hugs to you and your girls. I am praying for you.

Mango blast 08-04-2014 10:41 AM

((((((iwanthappiness))))) I'm so sorry you are going through this. We'll never know the why's behind it all. Some may think this strange, but I am happy for him that he had you and the girls in his life. It sounds like maybe there was some goodness somewhere within the madness of this. May you and the girls have many blessings and much love surrounding you to help you through this.

Florence 08-04-2014 11:26 AM

:grouphug: