View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 12:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paddy123
Paddy123

Hi Jmerica711, Paddy123 here, welcome aboard, and well done on your 30 days clean and your decision to quit. Yes it takes a little time for the brain to readjust to the new you. I'm 85 days clean now and feeling good, my sleep suffered initially but getting outside in the fresh air and sun and walking helped me a lot as does a healthy diet. At times I thought I had depression but it was just the brain healing so don't resent it as with time it will go. Its the brain readjusting. To answer your question, it took about 2 months for me to feel any normality, but everyone is different. With me, I noticed a sudden clearness arrived one morning when I woke up, just out of the blue!! It was like a pin had just burst a balloon. What a super, wonderful feeling. A clear head and brain fog had lifted I was and still am very happy and getting happier the longer it continues. I read allot on the Alcohol Use Disorder disease all about the Gaba and dopamine stuff and how the brain can recover. My memory was shot also, and is still healing, getting better. I'm still suffering from milder PAWS (Post Alcohol Withdrawal syndrome) check out the forum here For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 4 - Page 17 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 4) I'm a member here and some great people and stories there. Best of luck Jmerica, you have made a life saving decision and well done, keep posting as great people here. Bye for now.