View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 12:33 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Liebe

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
Thank you Liebe.

Particularly for the reminder line about all that pot had stolen from you.

For me, weed is absolutely addictive and it has been a thief in my life as well; of time, spirituality, presence, relationships, Self, honesty, focus, emotional integrity, experience..... so much. I went without for over 6 years and things were quite good in my life. Ahead of the pandemic, I made a frivolous, 'silly' choice to have a 'little pot'. That was about the time my state legalized and in rushed all the weed shops on just about every corner. During lockdown I lost my kid sister (to addiction) and life got pretty chaotic and I'd already let the demon in the door... so now I leaned on it more and more. For the past several months I've been at it, trying to get away.... I managed a number of weeks of no weed, even a full 30 days!! But as of now, back to Day Two.

Each failure decision has felt more gloomy and depressing. I don't want this in my life. What I want is to LIVE life and to be present and authentic and capable and attentive and to FEEL and to BE and to be there for my family fully.

So..... I head into this day with resolve and a prayer and humility and self forgiveness and I ask for HELP in serenity and weed-free, FULL recovery once again.

I'm sorry about your sister. I too, lost a sister to addiction- it'll be 9 years this June. Its so difficult, and at that time I was still using other substances to cope. I have to say that out of all the things I used to alter my state- pot was one of the hardest to quit. I dont know if it was because I used it for longer than I used anything else, or it was the thing that calmed me down more than anything. Hard to say, but I know its no joke. Congratulations on progress. Any progress is good. For me, and some may wince at this comment, I had to get mad at it. Does that make sense? I had to get so angry with it at first so that it created an undeniable aversion in my mind. I even wrote it a letter. "To the thief" I called it. I remember that. Now, resentments are not good for people who abuse substances to hold on to, I'm just saying it was an early tool that helped me quite a bit.
Be kind to yourself. Its a journey.