View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 06:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
J109

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
And that really will help you along, although I'm sure it doesn't seem like it right now. As you go along you will feel stronger and more like "yourself" - but again, I'm sure the path looks bleak right now.

It will take time so all you can do is get through it the very best you can, and you are, so do give yourself credit for that.

Are you able to get out of the house at all for a walk, or do you live in a cold place like I do that makes it pretty much impossible without snow shoes or a dog sled?? If you can, even if it's just a stroll to the corner and back, it really helps to calm and clear your head a bit, or so I found. I used to think well what will a small walk do? But every time I came back from a walk I felt clearer and better.

I don't listen to music or anything when I walk, I just let my mind think about what it wants, sometimes it's helpful I think to just let the mind wander where it may.

Mindless games online help too. Just know I'm not suggesting that any of these things will miraculously make everything better, just that recovering from something like this does take time so these things can give you a little break for a few minutes at least.
oh yeah I put solitaire on my phone to just try to break from it. we just moved Into our home because it was settled in the woods but by the ocean with our own water area. I can’t get myself to go there yet. I am actually looking to move as fast as possible. This has been a crazy 2.5 years of my life and I have no idea where I’m going but day by day I have no choice but to figure it out.

I fell so hard for him and we were inseparable. We loved each other on a way I will never feel again. so it’s so hard to understand and accept that his relapse brought us here today, and I know I did the right thing. my mind just replays itself. So yeah mindless games and I try to read and I cry. I can’t change one thing all I can do is unfortunately is time... Heal the best I can whatever that is.