Old 11-19-2020, 06:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
<snip>

My AV has become very active. I keep finding myself looking at alcohol, checking strength and price. Basically fantasizing. I know that if I do pick up I won't be putting down anytime soon, if ever. I'm not craving a couple of glasses of wine, more like a case of Vodka.

My mood is fluctuating all over the place and I just want some peace. This too shall pass (I hope).
Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Kaily the AV is a liar, there’s nothing good that comes from drinking. Nothing. I wish I had shut mine down before it got the better of me. It’s so hard resisting it once it’s snuck it’s foot in the door again. I’ve been feeling crap and sick and tired all week and the AV is screaming for a drink, but it’s the *insert favorite expletive* AV that made me feel so awful in the first place! Please don’t give into it, it just wants to drown us and it makes is feel like utter crap in the process.

I’ve made it through work on day 4 and I just want to go to bed. But it’s only 3.15pm lol.
So I’m going home to have a shower, make something simple for dinner and relax on the couch with a book.
Then go to bed.
Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Willow, Congratulations on day 4 love, before the av creeps in again come here and shout HELP! Anywhere on Sr there’ll be someone to help you love. xx It could be a sober tool - av = getting help fast from SR members.
I brought this over from the last thread because it so simply illustrates A Solution.

I am not sure if people really understand the term AV in this context, but no matter, there are tons of explanatory threads in the Secular Abstinence Based Recovery section.

Any thought of drinking in the future is AV and therefore is not you. YOU don't drink. IT will never stop nagging so finding a way to shut it down within seconds is the key. Don't let it get a foothold ever.

I didn't fight with it for very long. I recognized early on that I was just going to have thoughts of drinking for maybe forever. If that is true then I just live with the little demon. It's practically lost its voice now, but I think it will likely always be there.

(Emotional Memory Management)Anxiety Sticky thread again, because it's really good.

There aren't 10,000 gifs about it for nothin'