Old 08-17-2020, 09:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Jules----I think that putting some distance between yourself and the situation will enable you to get a better perspective on the situation. Some space to think more clearly and evaluate the situation.
And, in addition to some away time, it is helpful to learn about the technique of distancing----emotional distancing. One can become so enmeshed with the alcoholic and their alcoholism that all else just gets lost. It can feel disorienting.
In addition, while away---read "Co-dependent No More", if you haven't already read it.
We have a wonderful library of articles, on this forum---contained in the stickies above the main threads---it is called "Classic Reading"----there are over 100 of them! All about alcoholism and the effects on the loved ones. Enough for you to read one every single day. I am giving you the following link to that section of the stickies. for your convenience. These were all written by those who have been in your same shoes.

I live in the States---so I am not very familiar with the kinds of face to face support that you have in your country for the family and loved ones of alcoholics. I know that there are some, though. It is essentjal that you get some of that kind of help for Yourself----right away. This is too difficult for you to walk alone.

Here is that link that I was talking about-------------

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...c-reading.html (Classic Reading)