View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by Doug39 View Post
Four months ago I made this post https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ple-rooms.html (Dangerous people in the rooms) about an angry mean guy that was court ordered to attend AA meetings.

The guy was a mean nasty person. Well now, 4 months later this guy isn't Mr. Sunshine but he does talk to a few people and seems to be getting better.

Today at a meeting I nodded to him as I walked by and he actually said "hello" and used my name. This is a guy that never shakes hands, never holds hands during the Lords Prayer, doesn't really do anything but sit there reading something that he brings.

He is a tough nut to crack but I am seeing progress. My sponsor tells me that if this guy takes to the AA program then their is a God and he does perform miracles!!

There was a fellow we used to call "Angry Mark." Nobody wanted to have much to do with the man. He left the area but returned for a visit some ten years later. When I saw him again he didn't look much different yet he gave off a completely different vibe. He seem much more at easy with AA and himself.

Almost 25 years in AA and that's someone I can honestly say seems to have a had a complete "psychic change" Granted I hadn't seen him in years and never knew him that well to begin with but he seemed a totally different person.

However, experience has taught me it is best I keep my distance from those in AA with anger issues. I am all for sharing my ESH with others as long as they are respectful in the room.