Old 11-25-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoulShine8
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Lightbulb Recovery Tools: The Recovery Plan Notebook

I am working on a notebook to outline and use a recovery plan.
Two links that have been mentioned in other threads have started me on my personal plan.

What exactly is a recovery plan?

Action planning for Prevention and Recovery

I am curious if anyone has made an actual book.

What did you put in it?
How much have you used it and what parts are the most used?
If you have had it for some time, how has it evolved?
If it wasn't a notebook but just a written plan on a few pieces of paper, I am still interested in what things you included.

If you are currently making a recovery plan book, what are you putting in it?

I am taking my time with this. I wanted something that is small but then again I want something I can put a lot of stuff in. So I have a smaller bound notebook I have been writing in - short things that resonate with me from SR. It's easy to keep under the couch or in my bedside table to write in while I'm relaxing and reading on SR. I am also going to use the blog function on here to save longer meaningful posts and thoughts so I have a place to go back and read the things that helped me all in one place. (Especially if I am in a bad moment and need to get to some good advice quick without having to search or make a post and wait.)

But for the book that has "parts" in it like the links above suggest, I think I will put in a binder so I can use dividers and input, take out and rearrange things as I go along. After reading extensively on SR and thinking about things as I post, I think there were many things that made it easier for me to drink instead of not in the past. No excuses but I have been floundering around alone & unsober for an awful long time. Lots of them I was aware of and didn't try to fix or felt helpless in trying to fix them. The HALT acronym contains some of them.

I failed to take care of myself so much in the past.... I want to make this the chapter of my life where I start trying to. I am serious about succeeding this time.

in advance to anyone who can share with me. I appreciate it.