Blogs

Notices

Recovery Tools: The Recovery Plan Notebook

Old 11-25-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Lightbulb Recovery Tools: The Recovery Plan Notebook

I am working on a notebook to outline and use a recovery plan.
Two links that have been mentioned in other threads have started me on my personal plan.

What exactly is a recovery plan?

Action planning for Prevention and Recovery

I am curious if anyone has made an actual book.

What did you put in it?
How much have you used it and what parts are the most used?
If you have had it for some time, how has it evolved?
If it wasn't a notebook but just a written plan on a few pieces of paper, I am still interested in what things you included.

If you are currently making a recovery plan book, what are you putting in it?

I am taking my time with this. I wanted something that is small but then again I want something I can put a lot of stuff in. So I have a smaller bound notebook I have been writing in - short things that resonate with me from SR. It's easy to keep under the couch or in my bedside table to write in while I'm relaxing and reading on SR. I am also going to use the blog function on here to save longer meaningful posts and thoughts so I have a place to go back and read the things that helped me all in one place. (Especially if I am in a bad moment and need to get to some good advice quick without having to search or make a post and wait.)

But for the book that has "parts" in it like the links above suggest, I think I will put in a binder so I can use dividers and input, take out and rearrange things as I go along. After reading extensively on SR and thinking about things as I post, I think there were many things that made it easier for me to drink instead of not in the past. No excuses but I have been floundering around alone & unsober for an awful long time. Lots of them I was aware of and didn't try to fix or felt helpless in trying to fix them. The HALT acronym contains some of them.

I failed to take care of myself so much in the past.... I want to make this the chapter of my life where I start trying to. I am serious about succeeding this time.

in advance to anyone who can share with me. I appreciate it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoulShine8 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (11-25-2017), Healthyandsober (11-25-2017), HTown (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi SoulSh. I work on a plan, always.
22 months now and so far it helps.
I have 5 set goals, with a time destination,, so I will do this activity in the next 6 months,..or I will work on that mental health issue. I work out how to achieve these goals and reset my bearibngs with input from a counsleor (booze), psychologist and my GP.
I keep a running diary for daily appointments, lists of stuff to do (like that always works)
I have a formal 'journal' where daily, I write deep and meaningful stuff- to refer to (which I do not do enough) and work on.
I do a lot of art..kind of a visual journal to help me understand and define feelings, that can then be incorporated into my goals.
I help little ladies cross the road (haha).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhoenixJ For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (11-25-2017), PinnacleOR (11-25-2017), SoulShine8 (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Thank you for sharing.

I help little ladies cross the road (haha)
I love that haha. I think being kind (paying it forward) and gratitude are an important part of my plan.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoulShine8 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (11-25-2017), PhoenixJ (11-26-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Soulshine,

I have a daily gratitude list (here on SR's gratitude forum) and I worked on a Sobriety Affirmation which is pasted onto one of my home screens on my phone so I can read it whenever I need to. I've included it below so you can see if it is a tool that might be helpful to you:

Everyday I am embracing and appreciating the joy and happiness that sobriety brings. I am experiencing fun and enjoyment as a result of my sobriety. I am engaging in actions and behaviours which are aligned with my core values and beliefs. I use kind and caring activities to relax and unwind. I express gratitude daily. I love my husband and respect my marriage. I show myself love, forgiveness and kindness.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nova84 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (11-25-2017), HTown (11-25-2017), PhoenixJ (11-26-2017), PinnacleOR (11-25-2017), SoulShine8 (11-25-2017)