View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Fluffer
Into the Void

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
EndGame, the reason I mentioned what I did is because I worked for West Publishing, and then Thomson-West and now Thomson Reuters...with whom I've met my wife. My job was to help attorneys install their software on their computers and get it working. Then it went far beyond that. Sorry to admit, I have a "prejudice" to new yorkers. You do not fall into that category, and I am sorry if I made it seem that way. At the end of the day, new York attorney's...regardless of wealth, is a miserable ******* bunch of persons.
Interesting perspective. For a bunch of years I was an associate attorney in large law firms in New York and sometimes I interfaced with West customer support. I seem to remember that West was based out of Minnesota, so maybe we have met over the phone before!

But seriously, I just need to back you up on this statement. While obviously there are exceptions, large firm lawyers in NYC are some of the most miserable, nasty people you will ever come across, and I was often embarrassed how they treated service providers. Many of the lawyers in those firms are miserable and take it out on everyone they can, while kissing up to clients or their superiors. Not really worth the money to live that kind of life, IMHO, but I guess I'm not in their shoes since I don't have to make payments on a house in the Hamptons or for junior's private school.

Oh, and I'm glad you seem to have gotten out of your funk. Just ride out those waves of emotional disturbance as best you can, I swear it gets better over time.