Notices

Before I get drunk.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you got through the temptation, Jeff. It always feels like a victory to get through cravings unscathed for me even though mine seem to be quite different from your based on descriptions. Good job
Old 05-08-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I thought about you all night, Jeff. Hopped on here first thing this morning to see how you were doing. Great news ... except now you've made me hungry for a Reuben.

Keep it going and know that all of these great folks are here for you whenever you need them. I don't show up here very often (I have an autistic child and being able to sit down and post regularly is tough sometimes, but I am always lurking), but this place is a godsend for me each and every day. Very grateful for the wisdom, love and support I find here.

Have a lovely sober Sunday!
Old 05-08-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Lastly, for what its worth, I implemented the HALT method. I had a Reuben sandwich followed by Italian sausage and onions. It hit the spot.

You made me smile (and hungry), Jeff.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very glad to read the good news, Jeff. Knew you could.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
EndGame, the reason I mentioned what I did is because I worked for West Publishing, and then Thomson-West and now Thomson Reuters...with whom I've met my wife. My job was to help attorneys install their software on their computers and get it working. Then it went far beyond that. Sorry to admit, I have a "prejudice" to new yorkers. You do not fall into that category, and I am sorry if I made it seem that way. At the end of the day, new York attorney's...regardless of wealth, is a miserable ******* bunch of persons.
Interesting perspective. For a bunch of years I was an associate attorney in large law firms in New York and sometimes I interfaced with West customer support. I seem to remember that West was based out of Minnesota, so maybe we have met over the phone before!

But seriously, I just need to back you up on this statement. While obviously there are exceptions, large firm lawyers in NYC are some of the most miserable, nasty people you will ever come across, and I was often embarrassed how they treated service providers. Many of the lawyers in those firms are miserable and take it out on everyone they can, while kissing up to clients or their superiors. Not really worth the money to live that kind of life, IMHO, but I guess I'm not in their shoes since I don't have to make payments on a house in the Hamptons or for junior's private school.

Oh, and I'm glad you seem to have gotten out of your funk. Just ride out those waves of emotional disturbance as best you can, I swear it gets better over time.