Old 12-30-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
AnonWife

I would like for us to get back into church as a family. Its another on my to do list.

Ive never tried oils but was recently watching a show on skincare and they recommended oils. We have a nice organic seller nearby and its pricey but I was going to take the list mentioned and check them out one day. I think they must be diluted someway, hope they sell small quantities for experimenting.

Respect, yes. Using Smart so far Im focusing on how we interact, and the more I include him in things, listen to him - even the self pity parties now and then - it is changing how he responds to me. Its as if Im not as hurt or angry, treating him as bad or damaged. He is more wounded and slowly he is sharing more of his feelings on certain things, and I am finding I enjoy listening, and he is doing better listening to me when I share. Its been a huge change because we were getting cold toward each other. I was causing part of it with my attitude. Its got a lot to do with respect and acceptance I think.
Originally Posted by PinkCloudsCharley View Post
Anon wife you are doing awesome!

I too have a young child and a teen, and live in a cold winter climate, so "getting out" isn't always an option. I try to do things like use essential oils to help my own moods. I find they provide a lift or relaxation depending on the blend I use.

I also use games on my phone as a way to cool down or think my way through a stressful time. Doing something mindless for a couple minutes allows my heart rate to stabilize and the anger or sadness or frustration to slowly wash away. Or I use these games to allow my mind to think through the situation and the best way to handle it.

Not sure if you are spiritual but I find praying helps too.

I for one think you are on the right path. Dignity and respect for both people is key and of utmost importance.