View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by YoungAndClean View Post
It's sucked and like others have said all we can do is quit drinking and we won't have to relive this again. As if it were that easy, hell, now that I can't drive and I'm at home all the time drinking is about the only useful thing to help pass the time. And this is coming from someone who has been clean and sober for the last 3 months. Honestly if I were you I'd keep drinking if you can because whenever I get sober time slows to a halt. Part of the reason this last year and a half has felt like forever was because I was sober for a better part of it. Sorry if my suggestion to drink to pass the days and the time/boredom is terrible advice to give someone with a drinking problem, I'm just being brutally honest and saying it how I see it. You can either get through all this ******** sober or drunk, if you really want to hate your life and feel the full weight of your consequences, do it sober.
Y&C, how are you getting on with working through the steps with your sponsor? I only ask because I'm really surprised that you are sounding so negative about your own sobriety and actually encouraging someone to drink. I did feel that way when I was attending but not actively working the programme, but since I started working it more actively (having a daily routine, talking to my sponsor, etc as well as meetings) I feel much better, and actually feel like those promises really are starting to come true.

I hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, I hope you won't be too offended if I say, Ghost, please don't take any notice of Young&Clean. Things WILL get better if you can stay sober. No, it won't be easy, but it WILL be worth it.

Good luck.

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and selfpity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us—sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.